Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Envoy Start Stall Idle Problems

2»

Comments

• grant84grant84 Posts: 1
    edited January 29
    my envoy is giveing me the same problem only if i disconect the A/C evap can it runs fine. the only time it gives me a stalling / rough idle is when the A/C kicks in. im just woundering if you may have any new information as to what is going on with yours since it sounds similar. the oil pressure issue you have with it going up and down is due to you idle changing so rapidly i belive we have the same isssue any sugestions you have or found out would be helpful please E-mail me at [Email removed]
  • alegrangealegrange Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    The issue I have with the idle and stalling happens whit the AC running and wothout the AC running. I am still experiencing this issue and dont think I will ever resolve it.... I have cleaned the throttle body and done the reset procedure, replaced the plugs with OEM part, replaced fuel filter and no luck.
    As for the low oil pressure , that was fixed by replacing the pressure sensor located near the oil filter. Good Luck!
  • Howdy:
    We took our Envoy to a local independent garage because the GMC Dealership service was ineffective (they put it on the machine and found nothing). So I took it to a popular indy garage and explained to the owner what the problem was. He said the first thing he would do is run a fuel pressure test to see if the fuel pressure would stay constant. Said it would take about hour or so to do that. Turns out that the fuel pressure would drop and continue to drop. RECOMMENDED ACTION: Replace Fuel Pump.
    Cost including labor: $800 approx +/- with OEM parts.
    The owner told me that fuel pressure is a likely culprit considering the age of the vehicle. I had previously had the fuel filter replaced and the fuel line inspected at PEP Boys so it seemed reasonable to consider the fuel pump issue. After the Fuel Pump replacement, the Envoy starts up as if new and has been running fine. :) You may be able to find a less expensive fuel pump online and get a mechanic to install it for you. But we needed this fixed ASAP as my wife uses the Envoy for her sales rep job and if we had any issues we wanted to be able to bring it back under the 90 day shop guarantee.

Hope this helps!
  • envoydegarbageenvoydegarbage Posts: 1
    edited January 29

@agendavid said: Howdy: We took our Envoy to a local independent garage because the GMC Dealership service was ineffective (they put it on the machine and found nothing). So I took it to a popular indy garage and explained to the owner what the problem was. He said the first thing he would do is run a fuel pressure test to see if the fuel pressure would stay constant. Said it would take about hour or so to do that. Turns out that the fuel pressure would drop and continue to drop. RECOMMENDED ACTION: Replace Fuel Pump. Cost including labor: $800 approx +/- with OEM parts.
    The owner told me that fuel pressure is a likely culprit considering the age of the vehicle. I had previously had the fuel filter replaced and the fuel line inspected at PEP Boys so it seemed reasonable to consider the fuel pump issue. After the Fuel Pump replacement, the Envoy starts up as if new and has been running fine. :) You may be able to find a less expensive fuel pump online and get a mechanic to install it for you. But we needed this fixed ASAP as my wife uses the Envoy for her sales rep job and if we had any issues we wanted to be able to bring it back under the 90 day shop guarantee.

Hope this helps!

We started to have the same issue around June last year and got our fuel pump replaced as well. Luckily there was a recall on it. If you didn't get reimbursed for it you should definitely look into it. Bring your receipt to the dealership and get your money back.

So after our fuel pump was replaced the issue came back in December. Our first trip to our local GM repair service center, we were told that we needed our throttle body cleaned out ($320) and that seemed to work for about a month. We were in the middle of downtown San Francisco when the issue decided to come back. I had to pull over on a busy street and this cop decides he wants to shine his light on me to get my attention and tells me to move or we can move it for you. I have my whole family with me and waited about 5 mins to start it up again. We continued further in the busy streets of SF and it happened again. This time I waited about 10 mins and was afraid that during our 30 minute drive back home, it would happen again on the freeway. Luckily it didn't.

Our 2nd trip back to the GM repair service center, they had no clue what was going on and had to contact their tech support. What they told me next was not what I wanted to hear. They said that it could be the ECU that's causing the problem, due to high voltage readings and after replacing that if the issue comes back they will need to replace the throttle body. So basically they were telling me that after we replace the ECU we will be putting your family in danger if you decide to drive this vehicle, because we're just throwing darts in the dark here. We ended up agreeing to get the ECU replaced and they tried to charge me over $800 but after some haggling and complaining they agreed to give us some assistance and brought it down to $500. So now the total for this same issue is up to $825.

Replacing the ECU only lasted 3 weeks. This time I was in a drive trough at 9pm with my family and the neighborhood did not look too friendly. There were bums in the parking lot begging for money. I will be bringing the vehicle back to them tomorrow and see what they have to say. This should be interesting.

2»