Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Saturn Aura

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,166
    tigger1950,
    If you would e-mail me with your VIN I will look into recall information for you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I am also having this problem everytime I turn it makes this very weird griding noise and my steering wheel feels a bit tight can someone please help me I love my car but I don't want it to get worse and i have no idea which dealerships will over see my car :( I live in rochester ny anyone know
  • forgot to mention mine is a 2007 Saturn aura
  • Rochester NY or MN??
    I've had the problem checked by three dealerships. They said it's a steering gear at the lower end of the shaft that has to be replaced as "a unit"..not just the gear. Per GM, since it is not considered a "saftey issue" (you can still steer as it goes bad) it is not a recall items, and there is no waranty coverage after 36,000 miles. I guess it's just another one of the "cheapest bidder to make the part" that GM has always had problems with (like Toyota). The noise get worse as the engine/car warms up, so it hasn't been too bad this winter. Several of the techs said the gear system had a bad gasket that dried up too early, hense the noise now. I've been told by all three that the repair bill will be about $900.
    tigger1950,
    Can you please email me your VIN and complete contact information? I would like to look into this for you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Wow.. Christina at SocialmediaGM.com reviewed my posting (unknown to me) concerning the steering malfunction and worked with GM to allow me to fix the problems thru the dealer with a $500 max bill (deductable). We had the rack and pinion gear assembly replaced today, which included a front end alignment (which would have been over a Grand), and the steering now functions like velvet. The gears were shot, which seems strange for only 50,000 miles. I hope the replacent assembly lasts longer than the old one. Good luck to all of you with the same problem....and thanks again to the NEW GM for being proactive...what a change from the old GM!!!
  • Our 2007 Aura has had an ongoing issue with passenger airbag. At first, "service air bag" readout appeared at 51,673 miles. We took car to dealership and they "calibrated" air bag and charged us 90.00. Since then, passenger air bag reads "off" periodically and for no apparent reason, while car is being driven. Has been calibrated at least twice and we now are told by Chevrolet dealership Saturn mechanic that a new module needs to be installed at a price of around 800.00. This problem has caused my husband and myself untold anxiety, because when the "off" signal comes on or the "Service Air Bag" reads out, in a crash, the passenger airbag would not deploy. Falling out of love with the Aura!
  • I wonder if e-mailing the GM customer service rep that helped me might open up some assistance?
    Give Christina a try at SocialmediaGM.com and see what happens.
    Floyd
    tigger1950,
    Thank you for assisting in getting the word out that I am here to assist! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • 2catshouse2catshouse Posts: 6
    Christina-
    I hope you can help. Because of our safety concerns regarding the air bag issue affecting our 2007 Saturn Aura, we went to Gordon Chevrolet in Augusta Georgia and had replacement of the PPS sensor Module and re-programming performed. Cost was $890.13 to us. I feel that we should not have to bear the cost of repairing such a basic safety flaw. I read online of numerous other Saturn Aura owners who had the same or similar problems. Why isn't this a recall?
    We would like a refund from GM for this charge.
    Thank you,
    2catshouse
  • 2catshouse2catshouse Posts: 6
    Christina:
    Still waiting to hear from GM Customer service about my 2007 Saturn Aura's air bag problem/repair :(
    We had it repaired because we plan to take it on a long trip soon.
    This issue should constitute a recall. Where is the list of recalls on this model?
    2catshouse
    2catshouse,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke with Customer Assistance? Can you please email me your VIN? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    2catshouse,
    I apologize for your experience; I would like to look into it. Can you please email me with your case number? Have a great weekend.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • trangetrange Posts: 3
    I will try to keep this short... I bought a used 07' Aura XR (18" rims) with 30,000 miles on it a few weeks ago and I assumed that the Vibration I was feeling in the steering wheel at 60mph + speeds was the low tread on the tires and the 1 bent rim.

I went out last week and bought 4 Goodyear's and had them put the bent rim on the rear of the vehicle. (they said the bent rim wasn't that bad and since it was on the rear, it should be fine.

Took it out on the freeway and the same vibration is STILL there! IT'S in the steering wheel, the seats, and even the dash. SO I had them put on 4 brand new Uniroyal Tiger Paws. That same vibration is still everywhere once I hit 60 + mph. (not at speeds below)

The brake pads and rotors need to be replaced (front & rear) so I am going to try that next EVEN though the vibration happens when I am not braking. A guy at the tire shop told me that the rotors could be out of round???

Any ideas anyone??? If replacing the pads/rotors does not do it, it's time to go back to the dealership that I bought it from.

I know that it's not a Cadillac but really???

Ideas???

Thanks
    trange,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing. Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • onefunkaronefunkar Posts: 113
    bad rotors wouldnt make it vibrate when not braking. makes me wonder if something happened to the car before you bought it.
  • Christina-
    My VIN is 1G8ZS57N27F209953
    How do I contact Customer Assistance? I do not have a case #
    Sorry for the delay in reply-just returned from a ten day driving trip.
    Thanks,
    2catshouse
  • Christina-
    I await your reply! Again, My VIN is 1G8ZS57N27F209953

Thanks,
    2catshouse
    2catshouse,
    The number for Customer Assistance is in the Owner Manual. If you cannot find the number, feel free to email me and I will get it to you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Christina-

Is contacting Customer Assistance required before you can assist us with this issue? I will do that tomorrow and get back to you with the case number you requested.
    Thanks,
    2catshouse
    2catshouse,
    No contacting Customer Assistance is not necessary, I recommend having the vehicle diagnoised by your local dealer. I can set up a case with Customer Assistance about your issue; this reports your issue with GM. An agent will be in contact with you and the dealer to help try to resolve your situation. I will need you to email me your contact information to set up a case for you. Have a great weekend.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Hello! I am having steering issues just like the others have posted and to add to the problems, I have transmission issues. I only have 46,000 miles on my Aura and I love it, but why so many problems so soon? I am looking to contact GM. I don't quite see how to do so. I looked for SocialMediagm.com but nothing comes up PLEASE HELP. Thank you in advance!
    lovemyaura,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your transmission and steering issues. Have you had the vehicle diagnosed by a GM dealership? Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
  • Hello! So glad to hear from you. I purchased my Aura last October and overall I love the car. There are a few issues that I would like to bring to GM attention.

I have the steering issue of the clunks etc that others have been talking about. It happens all the time when I go over a and size bump at any speed. Sounds like the shocks but from reading the above write-ups that is not the case at all.

Next, this morning I was driving my son to school when I noticed a slip in my transmission. It was not a major slip but it was very noticeable. When I drove the car later today there was not one slip, the car drove as normal. I have done some research (that is how I found you) and this seems to be an issue for a lot of Saturn owners. I planned on taking the car to get a transmission flush today or tomorrow just to be on the safe side. But one thing for sure, this should not be happening with a car that only has 48,000 miles.

One more thing that has come to my attention. When I purchased the car, the turn signal arm was bad. The dealership did replace the arm and it worked great for about 6 months. One day the arm went bad again. I called the dealership and the part was out of warranty so they could not help me. They did tell me that GM was aware of this issue and they had "upgraded" the part but I really could not get a straight answer if this was true or not. I have not fixed the signal arm yet because I do not want to fix it and spend the money without knowing if this is going to keep happening. I don't want band-aid the problem and have it come up again.

Well, I look forward in hearing from you. My Vin # 1g8zs57n07f162292

Thanks again
  • I purchased a 2008 Aura in October of 2008 (preowned). I am constantly having electrical problems. The radio channels will start changing, the volume will go up or down, or the power windows will stick. I have also had serious battery issues. And the keyless entry no longer works (new battery). Are the problems common?
    cherylynp,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Were you planning on having the vehicle diagnosed by a GM dealership? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
  • I have had the same problems for 3 years now if not more & Im so sick of this ,What can I do ? I bought my Saturn Aura 4 years ago & have told the Saturn dealership about this noise coming from the front end & stearing first it was a power stearing hose that didnt help & was not covered by warranty ,I only have 35,000 on my car & my warranty is running out .

Concerned owner
    danny_57,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Can you please send me your contact information, VIN, current mileage and involved dealer? I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I have the exact same issues with my car as everyone else has listed in the complaints about there 2007 Saturn Aura XE. Why has there been no recall for an issue with the brake lights? This is a hazard for the driver and other's on the road. Harley Davidson just did a recall for a brake light issue because they realize the hazard and danger. Winter is coming and brake lights are going to be very important for driving but are important all the time which is why I am surprised by all the complaints of the same issue and no recall. If there is anything that should be recalled out of all the matching complaints it should be the brake light because of the danger and safety issue on the road. If there is an accident there will be a major law suit because I have documents of the 5x I have gone to have this problem fixed and it never is. I've had the sensors replace numerous times, the computer reset, my brake pedal bent to try and balance out so it was at the correct setting to work, all of which make the brake light work for a day if that and it's back to the same thing. I think it is a computer and electrical issue that is wrong and that the car needs a new one all together. I also have problems with the radio when I start the car every station is static. I have to turn it off and back on for it to work. Sounds like a computer or electrical problem. I have the annoying squeaking suspension. My steering has something wrong with it which I had replaced but is now not working again. It squeaks every time I turn the wheel and makes a weird grinding sound. When I turn the car on it sounds like the transmission or something slips slightly. Looks like this car needs to be recalled and this car is the reason I will never by GM again. I will be going with Ford who I might add did not use bail out money!