Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Saturn Aura

124»

Comments

• My 2007 Saturn Aura suffers from loss of traction control which has happened from day one of purchase. It has never been bothersome however today I received an "Engine Power Reduced" while on the 401 (Major hwy) this was alarming however it still operated but this was followed up by a complete failure of the engine. I was able to move across to the shoulder however this was not done safely its a miracle I wasn't rear ended.

The car performed well previously I have had a few wheel bearing issues some were replaced under warranty and one wasn't however it should have been I wasn't aware that it was covered at the time under the power train warranty.

The car has 156000 km on it and is now out of warranty. Other issues I have been living with

- No light in the gas dashboard area
    - No Air conditioning since year two (i lived in the north so it wasn't an issue, there was no dealership around)
    - The radio has had periods of times lasting weeks where it wouldn't power on and then all of a sudden it came back and has been performing normally.

None of this caused too much issue with the exception of the engine ultimately disabling.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,081
    Good morning tylerkacsor,

Where are you writing in from (I see that you're using kilometers as your unit of measure)? If you like, I can get you information on how to contact customer service for your region.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • I have a 2008 Aura XE with the exactly same problem. Rubbing noise after the car warms up and meanwhile clunk noise while turning. I didn't take my car to a GM dealer because its warranty has expired, although there is only 31000 miles on my car. Looks like this is a common problems for Saturn cars. Why is there not a recall for this? If I drove a lot and the problem may show up in the period of warranty, then I can have it repaired for free. But now the cost for repairing may go up to $1000 or more. It is unfair for low mileage four or five years old saturn cars! This noise has been there for almost one year and really annoys me and may make me stay away from GM cars for my next purchase.
    Good morning flymanansh,
    If you wanted for us to check into this further (we do have to work with a dealership and I cannot guarantee what the end result of our inquiry would be), please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a summary of the situation so far).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • In regards to the points on the remote not working that happened to two of our remotes and it was due to two reasons, one is a missing solder spot (there are only a few of them). It is easy to fix. The other reason is some of the rubber faces on the remotes do not make good contact for some reason. This one even my mechanic could not fix. So one remote works now one does not.
    I also have the problem of the buttons on the left of my radio do not work unless it is extremely cold out. It is very annoying because I cannot use the menu button at all. Is there a known solution to this? Do I need to replace the radio?
  • thank you, Sarah. I have sent out an email and hope to hear back soon.
  • dck143dck143 Posts: 1
    I know this is an older topic but did you have any luck with the electrical issues?

Mine is blowing the 10 amp fuse for the tail lights and dash board lights. You had mentioned that your mechanic found a short any idea where the short was located.

thank you for any answers you may supply.
    Dean
  • ryan14841ryan14841 Posts: 1
    I am having this same steering issue I see so many others having. I purchased my 2008 Aura certified preowned in 2010. I took it into the dealer shortly before the warranty expired with this steering rubbing noise issue. I believe they said they replaced the steering gear, and it worked perfectly for about exactly one year and now it is back exactly the same as it was before. Now my warranty has long since passed. I called the dealer to see if the repair itself has a warranty, and I never could get a straight answer on that. I can't really afford an expensive repair on this, so I am hesitant on taking into the dealer again. Just wondering with so many people apparently experiencing the same problem, was there ever a recall on this?
  • jalindcojalindco Posts: 2
    Our Aura is a beautiful car, but has had nothing but problems!

The latest is the "Service Traction" warning light in the dash. The car lurches and clunks. This car does not drive smoothly at all. Bought it used last August for a young driver in the family (who is making the car payments, and not pleased with the car at all). We got another Saturn b/c my 2004 Vue has 230K with no problems and we've had an L series, two of the early S series cars, and generally buy GM.

I have a diagnostic appointment at a dealer in Nashua NH for 7/18. Is the car safe to drive? Will it just die in the road? is this a transmission problem? a hybrid problem? What are my recourses for a car with only 70k on it and LOTS of payments left? HELP please. :cry: :lemon: ????
  • booda1booda1 Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, I have a 2007 Saturn Aura XR (51K)...and Traction control has gone on and off for the past few months...just recently car was running really rough while driving...parked and it now does not start...and i just serviced vehicle ...now mechanic says my timing chain "jumped" and I may have to replace engine due to related damages...I fell at a total loss because it is an arm and a leg to replace engine...can anyone shine some light on this bad news of mine...
  • onefunkaronefunkar Posts: 113
    call gm and ask for help. this was a common problem on older 3.6 v6. they are well aware of the problem.
  • Thanks for the tip. I have a couple of these 3.6L engine cars...will stay in touch with GM.
  • kelly94kelly94 Posts: 1
    I am hoping that you can help me! I am very frustrated. Reading sooo many posts that are having the same issues that I am with my 2007 Saturn Aura. I have spent more than$2000 on recent issues, grinding, clunking signs to no avail. I am now being told it is gears in the steering column. Help!
    Hello kelly94,

I am more than happy to help look into your situation. Please Email us at socialmedia(at)gm.com and include a brief overview of your situation. Also include your contact information, VIN and current mileage.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    GM Customer Care
  • This is general synopses of the 2007 Saturn Aura XE. I bought my car in the show room. If I had known that Saturn was discontinuing making this car, I WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT IT! I have had 6 brand new cars and have never had problems with any of them for the first 5 years.

I had headlights to all go out at the same time and was told that it was regular maintenance at a tone of $584. GM customer service is a joke! I have had rotors put on my car for the second time in 2000 miles. I hear noises coming from the steering and wonder if the car will just fall apart.

Now my car will not lock into park. The shift just goes past neutral and reverse and will not lock. I am so sick of this car! It has blemished the SATURN name as being a very good car. Good luck everyone with our piece of junk!
  • jordan40jordan40 farmersville, nyPosts: 109

@trange said: I will try to keep this short... I bought a used 07' Aura XR (18" rims) with 30,000 miles on it a few weeks ago and I assumed that the Vibration I was feeling in the steering wheel at 60mph + speeds was the low tread on the tires and the 1 bent rim.

I went out last week and bought 4 Goodyear's and had them put the bent rim on the rear of the vehicle. (they said the bent rim wasn't that bad and since it was on the rear, it should be fine.

Took it out on the freeway and the same vibration is STILL there! IT'S in the steering wheel, the seats, and even the dash. SO I had them put on 4 brand new Uniroyal Tiger Paws. That same vibration is still everywhere once I hit 60 + mph. (not at speeds below)

The brake pads and rotors need to be replaced (front & rear) so I am going to try that next EVEN though the vibration happens when I am not braking. A guy at the tire shop told me that the rotors could be out of round???

Any ideas anyone??? If replacing the pads/rotors does not do it, it's time to go back to the dealership that I bought it from.

I know that it's not a Cadillac but really???

Ideas???

Thanks

get the bent rim replaced

• kmarrerokmarrero Posts: 1

I just got off the phone with GM Corporate. They again are refusing to take responsibility for the brake issue on the Saturn Aura. I bought a 2007 Saturn Aura new. At 27,300 I had to replace the brakes and rotors. Then at 46,000 I had to replace the brakes and have the calipers cleaned. I finally gave up and traded in the car because of GMs refusal to take responsibility for the AURA brake problems. This morning I reported General Motors to the NHTSA (888) 327-4236 and to the Federal Trade Commission (877) 382-4357. GM says they will not reimburse me until there is a recall. Please report your problems so we can force a recall. The number to GM Corporate for Saturn is (800) 553-6000.

124»