Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Saturn Aura

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    aweily3,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Has your dealer involved Technical Assistance? If not, I would recommend asking them to do so. Can you please email me your VIN, current mileage and involved dealer? I look forward to your email.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • How to you fix aura xr service esc light??????????
  • That link doest work
  • Are you sure your not driving my car??? Have you gotten anyone to help with the issue's? Brake lights & radio...also front end, squeaking, wobbling, air bag light and brakes both front & rear replaced.
    Thanks,
    mgolibt
  • kmyleskmyles Posts: 2
    My cars radio will not turn on, the clock doesn't even show up or anything. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows what to do. I believe its something electrical because the sound for my turn signals/four-ways, and seat belt isn't working either.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Good morning kmyles,

I'm sure you'll get some great feedback from the Edmunds community. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any resources to help you diagnose what's going on with your Aura at the moment. If you decide to visit your dealership, please let me know! We're available to work with you through that process and help in any way we can.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • browngreenbrowngreen Posts: 1
    my radio, clock and all the bells/whistles stopped working . .then my car would not start . .then the electric door locks go up/down while i am driving my car . .then i start getting "warnings" (i.e. airbag issues, etc). my car has to be charged daily now just to start, and that is only lasting a few hours as my battery is being drained. my friend researched some blogs on the 2007 aura and found that the control module (the brain) is likely the culprit. i am going to reach out to a GM rep and find out what is going on, and since i have already heard how much $$$, i'm looking for some relief from GM, this is a joke
    browngreen,

Have you already sent an email our way (socialmedia@gm.com)? If not, we can be contacted that way; please include your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership with any details you are able to provide about recent visits on this issue.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • joesailorjoesailor Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Saturn Aura. We seem to have the same problem. About 6-7 months ago, my remote stopped working (to unlock), everything else worked fine (lock, trunk and horn). Today, I drove home from work fine, 30 minutes later I tried to start the car and it just clicked as if the battery was low. I used the jumper box and had no luck. I then used my other Saturn (1999 SL2) to try to jump start, again, no luck. I called road side assistance and the tow truck guy jumped it with no problem. He adviced to keep it running for 30-45 minutes to fully charge. I drove it around the neighborhood and then let it just idel for 30 more minutes as I watered the grass. I then turned it off and again, it didn't start. Just some more clicking and caution lights flashing on the dash. Don't know were Saturn went wrong. My first Saturn was a 1997 SL2 and I put 176,000 miles before selling it, then we picked up a 1999 SL2 which we still have with 146,000 miles and still running strong. I do have approximately 150,000 miles on my 2007 Aura but, I sure am hating this electrical problems.
    I refuse to do the 5 times to the shop thing in which they change something everytime and before you know it I've spent $1,000.00 and the problem still there. I just want to know what is wrong and get it fixed. :sick:
  • dsweetnamdsweetnam Posts: 1
    I also have a 2007 Aura with air bag issues which started about 2 years ago. the car has been in to both Saturn dealership and GM dealership. They have reset, checked, reset, checked, reset and replaced an $800 dollar part and I still have the "Check Air Bag" light come on. GM now wants me to bring the car in so they can take the console apart to clean it out at a cost of about because they say I spilt coffee down there and that is the problem. That is about $500 to get done. Really!! So coffee takes about 2 years to dry??. What I have noticed and relayed to them is the air bag light seems to come on when it is raining or when there is possibly condensation. I picked up the car after they had replaced the $800 part driving home in late afternoon sunshine and parked in the garage. The next morning I pull out of the garage and was driving to work in the pouring rain and surprise, surprise the "check air bag" light came on! I called GM and took the car back in the next day. Thats when they said it was because I spilt coffee.
  • danny_57danny_57 Posts: 4
    GM is very aware of all the problems with these cars & suck you dry by charging you for everything that is wrong . The cars should have been called back from the start ,I loved my Aura until 30,000 miles & then everything started to happen ,But all along the front end had to be replaced alone the stearing & Rack. Computers,Transmission, airbag light ,you name it , I only had 34,000 on my car since new & took a very big lose & sold it , Buyer beware !!!!!
    dsweetnam,
    If we can follow up on this issue with your dealership, please send the following information us at socialmedia@gm.com:
    Your name and Edmunds username
    Phone and address
    The last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage
    The name of your involved dealership

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ranzabarranzabar Posts: 1
    My wife picked up on this a month ago when it was barely audible. Now it's really noticeable. It is a low 'croak' sound that seems to come from the passenger front end. It could almost sound like tire road noise, except that is seems to have no relationship with road conditions. It just comes and goes on a moment to moment basis. Not loud, but you can't miss it. I'm going to take it to the dealer, but my wife insists that I post here hoping others had the same situation. Without being able to accurately describe the sound, its going to be hard to find others with the same problem.

Any ideas?

2008 Aura XE
    41,288 miles
    I see that you're already planning on visiting your dealership on this noise; please keep us updated on the diagnosis/repair. If you should like for us to look into anything further with your dealer, we can be contacted at socialmedia@gm.com

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • trange:
    I have the same problem in my 2007 Aura XR now that I put on new tires. No one can fix it. Did you find out what it was?
  • Good morning saturnaura2007,

It sounds like you've been working on finding the source of the vibration with a shop - did this include a GM dealership? If so, and if you would like for us to follow up on this with them please email us more details at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • No, I haven't taken it to a dealership yet. I worked with Belle Tire, where I bought the new tires, and my regular trusted mechanic. It seems whenever I take my vehicles to the dealer, they charge me $90 an hour and they don't fix the problems.
  • No problem - I had just wanted to make sure we were available to you to follow up on anything involving one of our dealerships.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I had the same prob.. Thought it was a bad strut, was bushings in the front end. Was a cheap fix
  • I have a Saturn with 102k miles but its only 4 years old. Its at the dealership and we are waiting for an answer to see if GM will help us out on this. We have already replaced a transmission in a chevy silverado truck back in march. We do not have the money to fix this problem. We still owe $5,800 on this car!