Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2008 Grand Caravan SXT/ OK how do I mount the front license plate??

jrujru Member Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Dodge
As you see all the Dodge Caravan ads all show the vans w/ no front license plate bracket. I just got rid of our old 96 Plymounth Van which has a nice front license plate bracket/holder and the 08 has just two little dimples to be drilled out. CHEAP!

So after calling about 6 dealers in the Chicago area I have got all the same replies. Dodge quit making the front license plate mount in 06!

If you look at my 08s front bumper you can see two little dimples where the license plate screws would go. The parts guys told me just drill there and use machine schews.

My problem is that the front plastic is pretty flimsy on the 08 SXT but there is somthing hard behind it, I know its metal but on the otherhand it possibly could have have a radiator behind that or who knows what. On top of the license plate I also have the tollway transponder mounted on the front plate bolts.

So has anyone who owns a 08 SXT ever mounted (drilled those holes) for the front license plate? If so what did you do and what bolts or screws did you use.

TIA,
J

Comments

• Options
    luallenluallen Member Posts: 2
    We just bought a 2008 Grand Caravan SE and it already had those holes drilled out and a dealers tag mounted. The screws look like pretty course thread wood screws and I don't see anthing behind the bumper that would be in danger. The screws we have are only about 3/4 of an inch long, just long enough to go through a thin plastic plate and fully engage with the plastic bumper.
  • Options
    marine2marine2 Member Posts: 1,155
    My 2005 doesn't have the holder and just the two dimples. I drilled out the dimples and then used wood screws to mount a Marine Corps plate. It's been on there for over four years with no problems.
  • Options
    daw3daw3 Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased a 2009 Grand Caravan, and after reading through the owners manual, we trying to figure out how to get the day time running lights on. Does anyone know how this done other then the dealer.
  • Options
    abutcherabutcher Member Posts: 33
    There is a switch on the instument panel (on the left side) that controls the lights. To turn on the lights, you have to rotate the knob clockwise. When you don't need the daytime running lights feature on, rotate the knob counterclockwise to the off position to turn them off.
This discussion has been closed.