Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Mazda3

Comments

• joem5joem5 Posts: 201
    I was having my oil changed and there it was in black metalic,rear lip spoiler dual ,exhaust .I think the rear looks better than front.This car has to be longer than previous Mazda 3"s. The interior was black leather and top quality.At first, I thought the car was an Infinity. The change is so pronounced.There are so many symbols on the steering wheel to get used to.The car is built around the driver every thing is at your finger tips The price was 25.5k MSRP.
    I don't see how the car can get 22_29 mpg with the auto tranny,maybe with a 5 or six speed. They have really put alot of thought into the design. It looks like a 30 to 40k automobile. I'd like to know how Honda or Toyota can match it.
  • manybmwsmanybmws Posts: 347
    I agree for a Corolla or Civic comparison but at the 2010 Mazda prices you can get a loaded 4-cyl Accord.
    Yes, I agree ,but you won't get the torque. I think with the Honda and Toyota you will get a more comfortable ride.( I'm for that)You would get better gas milage I should think. The price of gas will go back up. How soon we forget.
    The Mada has a stiffer suspension and an engine thats pratically a six cylinder. It's a 2.5 D.O.H.C. The Honda has a single over head camshaft.
    I needed the lumbar support and Honda and Toyota didn't offer it.I have a 2008 I New value I bought May 29,09 and I have only 4000 miles on it and it's paid for.I don't use it much because of the stiff ride.
    Yes for sure. You have to lean more towards Sporty and give up the more comfortable ride when opting for a Mazda 3.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    2010 Mazda prices you can get a loaded 4-cyl Accord.

2010 Mazda3 prices have basically stayed the same as the 09 prices, and in fact,the loaded '10 GT w/ tech is less then the 09, but, has more equipment. I see the new pricing as a "job well done" by Mazda.

BTW, Honda's idea of a "loaded" Accord is leather, heated seats and a moon roof and nav. It's pretty funny that the Mazda3 s GT offers so much more then an Accord, outside of overall size and 2mpg's.
    Well, I'm going for comfort and good gas milage. Like I said I only have 4K on my Mazda and it's ten months old. :)
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    don't know about any anchors or tie-downs (aviboy should have an answer for that),

I sure do!

I just got in a 2010 5-door and it is in the shop getting PDI'd. Once it's done, I will take a look and see what type of anchors it has.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    2010 Mazda3 prices have basically stayed the same as the 09 prices

While perahps nominally true, in terms of MSRP, the actual selling prices will be a lot higher, at least for a while.
  • emily23emily23 Posts: 8
    In CT, where Mazda shill avi seems to be located, you can get a V6 EX-L Accord for 25.6k.
    Just makes the "premium" nonsense associated with the new Mazda 3 seem even more ridiculous.
    Don't you think because the economy Mazda will deal on the 2010? I was in the waitng area of my dealership and not one coustomer came in.
    There alot of 2008's let alone 09's on lots.I don't even watch the news anymore.All you hear is that no one is spending and we will be using the "D" word soon.
    I get better sevice from Mazda than Acura. The reason is the owner of my dealership has Ford,Toyota,Mazda, Nissan, Mercedes and VW dealerships previously owned by a drone. He bought them all,cleaned house and treats everybody like royality.His sale are up 7 percent from last year. Go figure. The Big three are bleeding billions of dollars. :confuse:
    The 2010s will get discounted $500 or so in the meantime while the 08s and 09s are on the lot don't you think?

Then I am sure the discounting will go to invoice and Mazda incentives will appear after that...
    Change the tires if you haven't. A cheap fix in my mind. I have a 335xi Coupe with Sports Suspension and surprisingly enough its ride compliance is close to the Mazda 3. I am not saying its the same but there are ride characteristic similarities.

I test drove a new Honda Accord and the ride is a nice compromise between handling and ride quality IMO.

Test drive, test drive, test drive and develop a taste before you buy. Lot's of great cars to choose from - even those with high reliability :)
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    Avi, all your information is greatly appreciated in this forum and since you do work for Mazda, why would this really negative earlier poster think you'd downgrade your product? That's why it's always best to pass over or just ignore those kind of people. The wife and I both agreed that the side view of the '10 model looks similar to a Lexus I250...not a bad car to be compared with.
    Our local dealer is supposed to get a couple of '10 models in this week so we'll surely be going over there to check 'em out. Glad to hear that they've made the front seats more comfortable and a bit larger. The new dash layout also looks great, a good evolution from the current generation. Hopefully the charchol color won't be as dark as the current model, we ended up with the silver on our '05 S model and were glad that they couldn't locate the darker gray for us as we originally requested.
    Again, thanks for your great updates on the new model and keep 'em coming as I've got a real good idea that the wife will end up with a leather equipped '11 model when all is said and done, as I don't think that she'll want to spend upwards of $28k for a entry luxo new car.

The Sandman :)
  • smallcarsmallcar Posts: 39
    Looks like the mazdausa site has been updated. You can build one here:

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/configEntryPointTools.action?vehicleCode=M3H&mod- elYear=2010

(hope that link works)
  • Can anyone answer my question in regards to the Ipod integration? can i connect my ipod to the aux and control the songs with the stereo? Does that work? Can I even connect it to the aux in the glove box? Or do I need to still use my fm transmitter (which sucks). Your info is greatly appreciated. thanks
  • mazdazedmazdazed Posts: 34
    I am also looking into replacing the 17" wheels with 16"s and a 60 series tire. I know I will sacrifice some handling but if the ride is quieter and smoother it would be worth it. The tires would cost less and probably have a higher treadwear rating also.
    Avi,

I have been reading a lot of good reviews about the General Altimax HP tire line. Continental apparently is making a notable investment in the General product line. They are priced right too. I just can't buy Michelins or any of their brands like BF Goodrich or Uniroyal being it is a French company.
    I know the 2009 Hatchback has tie downs for a cargo net to keep things from sliding around. I would be surprised if the 2010 did not.
    I agree! I think road noise and road debris hitting the wheel wells are the two things that bother me the most on my 09. The front wheel wells are plastic so I have not considered undercoating them but that might be the best option. I have a stone driveway so I get the sound show when I pull out on to the road. Never heard it with my Dakota or Charger. Still, for 16k it is a great commuter that is head and shoulders above the typical econo box. I also think that less rpm in 5th gear would help the mpg. They love to rev.
    The Ipod integration (or any MP3 player) is through the AUX connection on the 09 using a 3.5 mm male-to-male cable. This is inside the center console cubby which also has a DC power connector so you can power/charge the Ipod as well. Songs are not displayed on the radio display. You have to use the Ipod to control/view the songs played.

Looking at the link above, all 2010 models support the same level of music player integration.