Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Mazda3

Comments

• aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Well, since Mazda does not manufacture the tires, why would they recall them? Unless they are defective, and went with an alternate brand. There is nothing wrong with the tire, and there is nothing to fix. There is no performance vehicle that has tires that last.

Bridgestone is the supplier. Remember, they are a performance summer "Z" rated tires. They are meant to provide dry road grip. Any tire that has handling as their first design priority will never last. Your sales person should have told you that.

There is a simple fix to your solution. Buy 4 season radials, and you will get 30K plus out of them. Also, how do you drive your Speed? Like it was designed to drive? Or do you drive it like a regular Mazda3? I highly doubt it's the latter of the two, or else you would not have purchased it.
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Posts: 1,230
    Aviboy nailed it.

It's not Mazda's fault if the tires are wearing out quickly, they're SUPPOSED to. The tire compounds are specifically formulated to give you excellent traction at all costs. In most cases, extreme performance and long treadlife are mutually exclusive qualities, you usually have to sacrifice one to get the other.

It's the exact same case with the Mazdaspeed 6. They were equipped with Bridgestone Potenza RE050As, a "max performance summer" tire, with an average treadlife of 10-12K miles (with some going much sooner than that). It's the same case with all other automakers that throw on high-performance tires on their high-performance cars, not just unique to Mazda.

You can easily buy all-seasons for the Speed3. Be prepared to lose some traction and control when driving at 9 or 10/10ths, but you'll get a longer-lasting tire.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Will the '10 hatch require the bigger (2.5?) engine?
    Yep. The 5-door will have the 2.5L.
  • Aviboy,

Have you heard if Mazda improved the A/c for the '10 Mazda 3?
    Last I knew, the a/c was fixed back in 06-07.

I have no technical info for the 2010 Mazda3 just yet.
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    The 5-door will have the 2.5L
    I wonder if there will be other engine choices offered. This year Mazda Canada introduced the Mazda3 hatchback in a GX model with a 2.0 L engine in addition to the GS and GT models equipped with the 2.3 L engine. In Europe, the Mazda3 hatchback comes with a variety of engines (including diesel).
    Nope, just the 2.5L. The 2.2L CD would be nice though
  • Carscoop is saying that the hatchback will be unveiled on Dec. 2nd at the Bologna Motor Show in Italy. Can't wait...
  • exit123exit123 Posts: 136
    The 2010 Mazda3 will debut at the LA Auto Show, and it's a 4-door only! This is what I've been saying all along - they're dropping the 5-door model in the US. The pics you've been seeing of the 5-door are for Europe and other non-US markets where hatchbacks sell better.
    they're dropping the 5-door model in the US
    Highly unlikely considering its popularity. It's more likely that the Mazdaspeed3 would disappear before the Mazda3 hatchback.

It's not unusual for an auto manufacturer to unveil different models at different auto shows.
  • rdm925rdm925 Posts: 46
    I think Mazda will sell the 5-door in the US. Their own website says they will introduce the Mazda 3 5-door later. This the USA site here ;http://www.mazdausa.com
    I don't believe their make the same mistake they made with the new 6.
    I look forward to checking it out. :shades:
    Good point.
    The press release on the MazdaUSA site says:
    "Following the world debut of the North American specification sedan with 2.0- and 2.5-liter engines at the show, the five-door hatchback version will be revealed in line with Mazda’s global sales schedule."
    In other words, information about the hatchback is coming soon.
    With the global economy in a shambles and auto sales down, Mazda will be looking for ways to save money. Remember, Mazda is partially owned by Ford (34% the last I heard) who is in deep [non-permissible content removed] right now, and will be looking for ways to cut costs. Dropping a low-volume model is a great way to do that. If the Mazda3 hatchback is such a great seller in the US and they plan to sell the hatchback soon after the sedan, then why did they decide to introduce ONLY the sedan at the LA Auto show? I think they'll let the hatchback sales go to the cheaper brands like Kia and Hyundai.
  • With the global economy in a shambles and auto sales down, Mazda will be looking for ways to save money. Remember, Mazda is partially owned by Ford (34% the last I heard) who is in deep [non-permissible content removed] right now, and will be looking for ways to cut costs.

That's funny, because last time I heard, Ford was looking to drop their share of ownership of Mazda. The only company cutting costs is Ford, NOT Mazda.

Dropping a low-volume model is a great way to do that.

Uhh, "low-volume"? Unlike the Mazda6 5-door, the Mazda3 5-door is hardly a "low-volume" seller in NA.

If the Mazda3 hatchback is such a great seller in the US and they plan to sell the hatchback soon after the sedan, then why did they decide to introduce ONLY the sedan at the LA Auto show?

It's called marketing.
    Hmmm, wonder why all the 2010 Mazda3 photos are only the sedan? Why is the LA debut only the sedan? Why the 5-door will be revealed in Europe (Bologna)? The answer is obvious, the 5-door Mazda3 will be sold in Europe but will disappear from the line-up in the US. Yes, the press releases do state the 5-door will be revealed later, but they fail to mention that it will only be sold in Europe and Asia.
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    Doubt it will go away any time soon. Down here in South Florida I see as many sedans as hatchbacks...maybe more. And talked with a salesman while having warranty work done on the wife's 3s and he didn't think that the hatch would be dropped from the lineup either. The 6 hatch didn't sell anywhere near the numbers that the 3 hatch does.
    But this is all speculation on all our parts. Why don't we just wait till we get word from...MAZDA!

The Sandman :)
  • I'm not worried. We'll know more next week at the soonest if they say anything during the sedan reveal, or a little over 2 weeks from now at the latest. I'm confident the hatch will be coming to the US. :shades:
  • From roadandtrack.com:

Available as a 4-door sedan or a 5-door hatchback, the new Mazda3 offers improved fuel efficiency, more safety features, a quieter cabin and an updated ride character that feels both more sporty and refined. Mazda says that it will unveil the 5-door version a few months down the road after the sedan's Los Angeles unveiling. We're glad to hear that the company plans to continue manufacturing the 5-door because we love the looks, grocery-getting convenience and fuel efficiency of this smart configuration.

Click me!