Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Mazda3

Comments

• aviboy97...in regards to what sells better in the USA the sedan vs. hatch, I'm sure your figures are in line. But those numbers are misleading, considering the hatch comes in "s" form only vs. the sedan can be had at the more affordable "i" version or premium "s" version. btw - I've seen the hatch in "i" form over in Europe...not as pretty and does not do it justice...no spoilers, no skirts, & econo wheels

changing gears...pics show the hatch finally having a rear key inlet...dead center, half way between the mazda icon and the bottom lip...has this been confirmed?

other notes...rear wiper "@ rest position" has changed from passenger to driver; belt line crease, from tail lights to front quarter panels, isn't symmetrical with the door handles (or vice-versa) nor is it as fluid as it could be with the crease coming off the front quarter panel
  • exit123exit123 Posts: 136
    Regarding the 'i' hatch - I spotted one in the Philippines about 2 years ago.
  • changing gears...pics show the hatch finally having a rear key inlet...dead center, half way between the mazda icon and the bottom lip...has this been confirmed?

From pictures I've seen elsewhere, I believe it's just a hatch release button, not a keyhole.
  • Hey exit123, welcome back! How about those 2010 Mazda3 hatchbacks that are going to be at dealers soon? Crazy huh... :P ;)
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Posts: 1,230
    Hey exit123, welcome back! How about those 2010 Mazda3 hatchbacks that are going to be at dealers soon? Crazy huh...

Hold on! They're not at dealers yet, so they still could be pulled from the lineup! :P
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    But those numbers are misleading, considering the hatch comes in "s" form only vs. the sedan can be had at the more affordable "i" version or premium "s" version.

Yes and no. Only in the past 1 1/2 years has the "i" model really picked up steam in terms of sales, partly due to the revised "i touring value edition" and the increase in fuel prices. For 2004-2006/2007, the "s" sedan was far more popular then the "i" sedan. Back then, the "s" sedan still out sold the 5-door by large margins.

I bet we are going to see a large amount of 2010 "s" sedans sold off the bat as well. More then the "i". But, as the honeymoon wears off the "i" will become increasingly more popular.
    Iv'e got 2010 Mazda3 sedans at the port in NJ, and a couple 5-doors on the water. They were allocated by Mazda and not ordered by us. The first shipment that all dealers will receive are specially selected by Mazda, similar to what they did for the 2009 Mazda6. They are going to hold off on shipping them to dealers until 09 inventory slims out.

They are here boys. It's just gonna be some time before you can get your hands on one.
  • Hello to all !!
    I am going to be purchasing a new car in the next few months. I really love the 2009 Mazda3 HB GT but there seem to be very few fully loaded with Nav. and such available in my area. (I will be purchasing in NJ ). After reading this thread, I am wondering if I should be thinking of a 2010 model. I happen to love the design.

I will "need" the car by April 10th (would love it sooner...). Do you think the 2010's will be at the dealers by Early April??

Aviboy97 if you have any advice I would love to hear from you.
    Cheers & thanks all,
    Susie
  • exit123exit123 Posts: 136
    Nothing would surprise me anymore ... :P
    Look how fast they changed their sedan/hatch allocation.
    Yes, the 2010 Mazda3's should be there by April. I suspect late late February to early March to be honest. I will update everyone here when I have news that they have been shipped.
  • Thanks so much, Aviboy97!!
    I appreciate your keeping us all updated.
    Is your dealership located in NJ ??? I am in Northern Jersey - New Providence area.
    Cheers! Susie :)
    I'm located in western Connecticut, probably about 1hr 20 min from you.

There are a few big time Mazda dealers in your area. Wayne Mazda (largest in the country), Ramsey Mazda and Open Road Mazda are all in your neck of the woods.
  • Darn!
    I would love to have given you the sale!! :D

Thanks for the names of the other dealers.
    Cheers,
    Susie
  • Too bad both of you have your email addresses set to "private" in your profiles - otherwise you could exchange info :)

Thanks for the info you've been providing here, aviboy97. It's really helpful.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

My e-mail address is is no longer private!

Susie3mhs, if you like any further information or advise, just e-mail me.

Thanks for the info you've been providing here, aviboy97. It's really helpful.

Thank you. It's nice to be appreciated!
  • Any idea yet about pricing?? I know that question has been asked already but that thing is 2 months away from being on the lots for goodness sakes! When are we gonna be able to get pricing so we can decide on model and options??
  • Hey !
    Neither is mine. Thanks for bringing it to our attention Kirstie!
    Cheers,
    Susie
    Any idea yet about pricing??

That's the million dollar question to which I have no answer yet. Hopefully soon!
  • I have a few pics of a new 2010 M3 S GT at a local dealership that I would post if I could figure out how to post them. Anyway I didn't get to see it because the rep was leaving and I didn't have time to get over there but one of the salesman sent the pics to me. If anyone wants to see some of them let me know.
  • Do you have any idea if there is an S-Plan Rebate on the 6???
    Some were 400-500 Bucks..