Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Chevy Equinox

Comments

• cmhj2000cmhj2000 Posts: 148
    On my short list.
  • rvothrvoth Posts: 147
    Is this mpg with the 2.4 liter engine or the new 3.0 liter V-6 . Yes only with the 2.4 liter engine thanks.
  • opinion13opinion13 Posts: 3
    Has anyone seen when the office release date that the 2010 Equinox will be in the dealer showrooms??
  • rhouser2rhouser2 Posts: 114
    How will GM's chapter 11 bankruptcy status affect the production of the 2010 equinox/terrain? or build schedule of any GM products?
    Gm started building them in March 2009 At the Ingersol plant in Ontario.
  • vanman1vanman1 Posts: 1,397
    The Car Connection review is very promising... better mileage than an Escape Hybrid. Nice!

http://blogs.thecarconnection.com/marty-blog/1021301_first-drive-2010-chevrolet-- equinox
    "Gm started building them in March 2009 At the Ingersol plant in Ontario".

-----------------

I have seen a few of these on the 401 just down from the plant. They look great, more of a presence than the old model. Very modern and sculpted.

GM should have a monster hit on their hands with 32 MPG. I think it's a game changer in the SUV world.
  • corttcortt Posts: 7
    Now if they will make a 2-mode hybrid V6 version like the Saturn Vue was going to be. That would give you virtually the same mileage as the 4-cyl but with 250-plus horsepower when you need it. Maybe in 2011....?
  • roho1roho1 Posts: 317
    "Gm started building them in March 2009 At the Ingersol plant in Ontario".

March? What are dong with them? Are they for sale in Canada?
    No they haven't arrived at the dealer yet, they still have to unload a large amount of 09 Nox's here. An AD in a local paper from a local chevy dealer advertised an 09 Nox LS not AWD for $19456 down from list of $29450 , a large discount for a new vehicle.

My guess is GM stock piles the new Nox's at the plant an on rail cars I believe it takes three to four weeks by rail to arrive at their final destination. Also the plant won't be up to full speed in production for a few months to work out all the small problems during assembling the new Nox.
    Ya... I have seen 2009 base Equinoxes advertised for C$17,999.

I think they still have lots of them out there to clear out.
    Ya .... maybe one or two 2010's might show up at dealers in the end of june or mid july.
    Out here in the West ( Alberta) a few 2010 Camero's have started to arrive at dealers so The Equinox shouldn't be too far behind. :)
  • irismgirismg Posts: 345
    My opinion, I like that Chevrolet is finally fixing the new Equinox fuel door to where it can't be opened from outside. No ugly lip on the door. They should have been doing that all along for all the Chevys. Made me stay away from Malibu Maxx.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    Are they really fixing it or does it do what most newer GM vehicles do, you push in on the door and it pops open? That would be my guess.
    Probably a push and pop like my Malibu... which is just fine.
  • gened1gened1 Posts: 256
    While getting my 06 Impala serviced at the Chevy dealer, I checked out the new '10 Equinox on the showroom floor. The body looked nice from the outside. I opened the passenger side door and noticed what looked like perforated style fabric on the seats. A lot different that most other seat covering materials and I though it was attractive. I also inquired about the four cylinder wherupon I was told that there also will be a 6 available. Once in the( high step up) drivers seat I noticed the pleasant design of the dash and the logical controls as well as the pop up compartment on the dash at the top of the center stack. It reminded me of the convenience of the popup compartment in my previous Ford 500. The shifter had a rocker type switch to the driver side and the stick had a manual slot on the faceplate to put the shifter. I was told that to use the shifter as a manumatic one had to place the shifter down to the manual detent and then use the rocker on the upper part of the shifter to select the gear - another odd situation form any other manumatic I have driven! As I tried to adjust the seat I found that there was power up and down and seat back adjustments but no power forward and back just a lever at the right front of the drivers seat to manually adjust it. I thought that odd. While my grandson played around in the back seat I noticed that the vehicle had some huge blind spots and the more I looked the more I noticed that it would be like driving in a tunnel all the time! Backing up would really be hard for my wife and I probably would not trust backing up either without some kind of assistance. This was an LT model and while it was the only one they had (salesman stating that they just got it in a few days ago) I had no actual test drive but after the initial perusal I deemed it not in the running for my new vehicle next spring.
  • lablover2lablover2 Posts: 106
    went to the chevy dealer last nite to check it out as i was waiting for it to hit the showrrom floors. i think it looks like most other new suv's on the road-same sort of design. the appeal to me was of course the fuel efficiency so i was pretty excited to go take a look at it. i thought the interior seat fabric was odd looking-like nothing i had ever seen in a car. on getting behind the wheel it was comfortable but i agree the seat should be power front and back also. not sure if i like the cockpit feel of being behind the wheel, that might be hard to get used to for me. of course the seat in the back still moves back and forth which is nice-but, when you fold the seats down they don't fold flat. that may be a deal breaker for me as i want to be able to put my 2 dogs back there. the cargo area also seemed smaller than the rav or crv from just looking at it. my dealer had 7 of them on the lot and no one else seemed to be giving them a look at all. not sure if it is worth taking the chance on it or just going for the already proven honda or toyota. i didn't drive it yet, but maybe later today i will. i'm a little disappointed but possibly a test drive would make me happier with it. i really wanted to go back to chevy-
    Tunnel? I gather you have not owned a SUV before. Most have blind spots you learn to live with. I always park when I can so I never have to back up. Also, the higher seat is one of the positives I like. You much have better vision over the road. After having a crossover for the last 8 years i could never go back to sedan type vehicle.
    I'm looking forward to testing the new NOX!
    My last 3 crossovers, RX300 and Highlander all had a slight inclines with the seats down. I didn't find it caused any problem for me. Not sure what you mean by cockpit feel, what are driving now? Maybe nobody was looking at them because nobody knows they are at dealers yet?, I sure didn't. Will have to stop in and see this. The MPG's is what is fueling my interest also :)
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    The seats sound like they may be the standard option which would be manual for and aft so the power up/down and seat back adj. would be a plus. I have read that they will have a power 8 way seat with driver 1 & 2 feature which saves 2 peoples driving postions, mirrors, and radio settings. As far as backing up doesn't it come with a rear camera? If not standard I know it is a option.