Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Chevy Equinox

Comments

• dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    Do you notice if your Malibu downshifts from a set speed when you step down lightly on the gas. The 2 Equinoxs I drove did but they both were AWD. Maybe that makes a difference.
  • lablover2lablover2 Posts: 106
    yep, i am mid 50's so the idea of fuel efficiency was never a priority until the last few years. i had a 02 trailblazer and i loved it, but it was a gas guzzler so i ended up trading that in 2 years ago on a toyota yaris hatchback-it is great on gas and fun to drive, but i miss being up higher. even my 2 dogs like the yaris-i always keep the rear seats folded down so they jump right in! but i am a chevy person at heart, and was waiting for the new equinox to come out and it seems like they did very good with it. time will tell, and i know you shouldn't buy the 1st year out, but i did with my trailblazer and was very happy with it. i want/need a vehicle that i can run around town, but also get up and hit the highway if i want to and the yaris is not that car. i am hoping that the 4 cyl. equinox will fit the bill for me. i loved the cyber grey colo,r but hated the backup camera-have to go with the lt1 for the rear privacy glass or bring a base ls into a glass place for rear tinted windows. but i like the interior better on the lt1-so i am waiting on a navt blue one to arrive at the delership as it is in transit.
  • I will be turning 18 in October, and reviews from everyone and when I went to go test drive 1LT yesterday the 2010 equinox will be my first car.
    Except I am getting the LTZ AWD with the Audio System with Navigation/Infotainment and Rear Entertainment.
    But I plan to keep the 4cynlinder because the fuel efficiency but how much of difference is the millage if I get the 6 cylinder?
    Also is this a good car for 3 dogs (Boxer90lbs, Golden R 75lbs and Cairn terrier 25lbs)
    The guy at the dealership the equinox is amazing for children and pets.
    Also for the model and accessories I want in my car it comes up to $34,775, But I plan to pay for my car in full and i was wondering if anyone thinks I can get the dealership can go down to $29,000 since I am paying for the car in full cash? :D :D :D
    The AWD 6 cyl. is 24mpg on the highway compared to 29mpg for the 4cyl. AWD. For the 29K that is way under what he pays for it, see my post a ways back on the GMS price for the AWD 6 loaded. One more thing, he doesn't care if you pay cash or not since even with a loan he gets his money plus if you let him get the loan for you they sometimes get a kickback from the loan Company.
  • dave48103dave48103 Posts: 5
    We are ready to buy a new 2010 Equinox, but none of the dealerships in my area have what we want

2LT trim
    4cyl, AWD
    Blue Exterior/black-titanium interior
    power sunroof
    leather seats

It's frustrating that i live in the Detroit area, home of GM, and I can't get this vehicle without ordering it and waiting 4 weeks. If you're a dealer out there and have this vehicle, I'm ready to buy today, and I'll drive a couple hundred miles to pick it up
    Relax, they have only been hitting the dealers for about 2 weeks and over here in Lansing most are already sold. Living in Detroit has nothing to do with it. They are made in Canada. I doubt they are even near full production yet and with thousands of Chevy dealers it is going to take a few months before they become plentiful.
  • dave48103dave48103 Posts: 5
    I wouldn't wait a couple months, because I'm taking advantage of the cash for clunkers deal, and the $$ will be gone buy then. The Nissan Rogue is probably my backup, but would really rather have the Equinox
  • vcontivconti Posts: 4
    Hello looking to purchase a 2010 Chevy Equinox LTZ V6 in New Jersey have a few internet quotes MSRP approx 36,900 quotes are at $33,000 before taxes and fees. Anyone have any input as to how much lower they can go?
  • godeacsgodeacs Posts: 481
    What is this "military price" and "USAA Cash" that you speak about?
  • watercop1watercop1 Posts: 18
    Military price is equal to supplier price. On some models - you can do better on your own. For new models like to 2010 Equinox or Camaro it can be a good deal. USAA has a $750 cash allowance that can be combined with any other discount (refer to USAA's website under auto buying services). The dealership asked for my USAA member card and military ID. The military price was approx. 1K less than MSRP for the Equinox. You have to preregister for a "GO promo code" on the GM Military website at www.exclusivegmoffer.com

I know it is possible to match or beat these discounts, but this was no haggle or BS. I combined these discounts with the $1K in conquest cash and a $250 dealer coupon for a total of 3K off MSRP.
  • vanman1vanman1 Posts: 1,397
    I have not noticed any downshift so maybe it's geared different for a 4 cyl or for AWD. I have a pretty big 3.6L in my Malibu so there is likely less need for downshifting.
    Equinox is made in Ingersoll ON about 100 miles from Detroit. I would imagine a good supply of cars should be coming soon. I think some others are right though, GM is not up to full capacity yet and it will take a little time to get decent inventories.
  • gene_vgene_v Posts: 235
    My Son picked his up in Raleigh NC today. There was a trainload from Canada to Virginia yesterday. He called me from the Bluetooth in the Vehicle. Black LT1 With Power seat, Interface Package and backup Camera, Interior is Black and Tan. Seats have red stitching. The whole neighborhood is over to see it.
    Sounds like a nice looking rig. Bluetooth is a must these days with all the cell phone in car restrictions.

I saw two yesterday on the highway ride to the cottage. They are out there now, seem to be selling pretty good.
  • wallyuwlwallyuwl Posts: 166
    Most dealer can do a dealer search, putting in the features you want. Usually their radius is up to 300 miles. The problem right now is that they are so popular, the computer inventories are not up to date that well. But if they find one they just have to call the other dealer to see if it has been sold. It is the lower priced models that are selling as soon as they hit the lots - the 2LT and LTZ trims are lasting a little longer (I just bought a 1LT).

Anyway, you might have to be flexible with colors, but all of them are nice (though I don't care for the white or gray as much as the others). You might also have to be flexible with options - i.e.: you might not get EXACTLY what you want, you might, for example, have to get one with an extra option or two and just pay for it as part of getting a vehicle that is in such low supply.

Also, most dealers will get the vehicle brought to their dealership, but you might have to pay a couple hundred dollars to get it transported as part of a dealer trade (if the other dealer is willing to trade). But if they won't trade then you can always send them via wire a deposit and that'll save it for you for a couple days until you go look at it if the dealer that has it is a ways away.
    gene_v, assuming your son got the 4 cylinder, has he had any problems with the downshifting and jitteriness I describe in the "2010 Equinox Problems" thread? Some others have noticed this it seems, but I'm trying to find out how prevalent it is.
  • wallyuml, could this be the issue . . . I just noticed this in the Equinox brochure:
    "Auto-grade braking: to automatically shift into a lower gear while braking on a downgrade to help preserve brake life"
    Also saw that, dave, on a info/spec sheet on GM's web site talking about the tranny in this vehicle. But it does the shifting thing constantly, and that wouldn't explain the jitteriness at times. But it has crossed my mind it might be a problem with this system, and I plan to bring it up to the dealer when I go in (whenever they get the part to fix the microphone that was bad from the beginning). Some of the Malibus have the same tranny and engine combo, but I can't find any problems like this reported on it on any forums or reviews.

Still trying to figure out the prevelance of this issue, please respond with your experiences (i.e.: have or have not had the tranny problems described in this thread). Thanks.
    I think I have noticed this a little on my Malibu but I don't find it annoying or obtrusive. I really like the smoothness of the 6-speed.
    What specifically have you noticed on your Malibu, vanman? The downshifting problem or the jitteriness?

What engine and tranny do you have in your Malibu? I know some versions have the same engine/tranny combo as the 4 cylinder Equinoxes.

Everyone please keep posting your experiences in driving the new Equinox regarding the downshifting problems and jitteriness, especially the 4 cylinder. The input is appreciated.
  • gene_vgene_v Posts: 235
    He hasn't noticed it but he doesn't drive it much since its his wifes car.
    He only drives it some evenings and on weekends. He will look for it though. Will get back to you.
    I notice the downshifting. You hardly notice it but when you let the car slow down on it's on and watch the tachometer you can see the shifts down.

As I said, it's not really jittery, but it may be different for the 4 cyl or even the 3.0. I have a 3.6L / 6-speed combo.
  • timmbojtimmboj Posts: 123
    This may not be the place to post such things, but, GM's badge engineering will offer us two more "design studies" based on the groovy new 2010 Equinox. The GMC Terrain this fall, and a Buick version (just read this last night, supposed to be a hybrid version). But Buick will probably offer a non-hybrid version too.

I post this for those of you who might have design quirks with the Equinox. Like, for instance, if you don't like the blue lighting on the interior of the Equinox, the GMC has red lighting. And on the outside the GMC looks to be more "boxy" than the Equinox.
  • rhouser2rhouser2 Posts: 114
    Read not too long ago that Buick is getting the Saturn Vue hybrid. Will Buick be getting the hybrid technology or the complete car? Will buick aloso offer it in the non-hybrid form like the equinox?
  • Just purchased an LS 4 cyl. over the weekend, absolulty love it!
    Have noticed NO jitters or un-smooth shifting in transmission on either ECO mode or normal.
    There is a little dif in ECO mode, the engine does seem to shift more and is a little less powerful but VERY little difference between modes.

Very impressed by this vehicle, I would never have considered Chevy in the past, but after seeing this.....it was instant.
    Wanted an LT1 but pretty much impossible to come by with the 4cyl here in SOCAL, the LS looks great inside and out. Awesome standard features, and price!
    Just received a GM email that says that in 2011 Buick is coming out with a 5 passenger plug in hybrid Crossover which they describe with the same engines as the Equinox so I'm wondering if it will be a rebadged Equinox? Sounds very interesting.

Here it is: New Buick Crossover Will Feature Plug-In Hybrid System
    GM’s plug-in hybrid technology will be introduced in a new Buick crossover vehicle in 2011.

The yet-to-be-named Buick crossover will launch in late 2010 offering a family of fuel-efficient direct-injected gasoline engines, followed in 2011 by the plug-in hybrid model.

“Buick has always been at the forefront of new technology, so it is only fitting that the brand should debut our new plug-in hybrid technology in a beautiful new crossover,” said Tom Stephens, GM vice chairman of product development. “This will firmly put Buick, and GM, front and center in the advanced technology game.”

The new five-passenger crossover will build on the success of the Buick Enclave, offering the brand’s finely crafted execution and premium driving experience in a fuel-efficient package.

The Buick crossover will be powered by an Ecotec 2.4L direct-injected four-cylinder engine with an optional 3.0L direct-injected V-6, and is expected to deliver 30 miles per gallon or more on the highway.
    dragonsback, did you get an AWD or FWD? In SOCAL I'm assuming FWD but please let me know. Thanks...
  • sleclslecl Posts: 2
    We just bought 2010 Equinox 1LT with the power seat and bluetooth package. (I can't recall the package name and all the paperwork is in our car at the dealership). We drove it on a trip and loved the vehicle. When we returned, the dealership called and said our hitch was in. So we took it in to the dealership to have the trailer hitch put on as we had negotiated this into our contract. When we went to pick it up on Thursday, we could not get it out of park. One of the service guys came over and finally got it out of park but suggested that we leave it so they could look at it. Supposedly when the put the hitch on (it will be used for our bikes - no hauling), something happened that affected the gears??? They claim it is a computer issue that they aren't able to fix at this time. So they suggested that we take it home and just move the gear shift around until we can get it out of park. We said no and kept the car they have us using in the mean time. Has anyone heard of this "gitch" before??
    That is weird about the getting stuck in gear because of putting a hitch on. That seemingly would not have anything to do with the tranny, just the lights and attaching the hitch to the frame.

In your driving have you experienced any braking sensation when it downshifts from 4-3 and 3-2 (it does this at other gears, but is most noticable for these shifts)? Along with this is an RPM increase of 600-700. It is just like it is shifting way too soon. There is also a lot of jitteriness when decelerating while coasting from 17-12 mph.

What engine do you have? AWD or FWD?

Thanks.
  • sleclslecl Posts: 2
    To be honest, we don't think the hitch involved the lights since it is for a bike rack not for hauling. We have the FWD 4 cyclinder. We have experienced no braking sensation and have not noted anything different. We have not driven it since we tried to pick it up, so we don't know what it does now. We refused to take it off the lot until they fix it. We told them there were no problems when we brought it in so we except the same when we leave. We're really frustrated with the dealership.