Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Genesis Lease Questions

Comments

• nrwaynenrwayne Posts: 44
    I need the following information for prospective lease of a 2010 Genesis 3.8, both
    24 & 36 month:
    Residual %
    Money factors
    Incentives (loyalty, etc.)
    Bank fee
    Required services, incl. costs (other than oil changes & tire rotation)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Correct, the addition of navigation to a Genesis Coupe Track model lowers its residual value by 2%.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Hyundai Finance publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Tonystarks22, while most of the Track models in dealer stock may come equipped with navigation it technically does not come standard on this car. The residual value drops by 2% on models with navigation.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nrwayne. Hyundai has a number of different trim levels for the 3.8 Coupe. For now I will make an assumption about which specific one you want. Let me know if you want something different.

I don't believe that Hyundai is providing support on 24 month leases of this car right now. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track without navigation with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00224 and 58%, respectively.

Hyundai Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on leases. You really don't have to perform any maintenance other than tire rotation and oil changes on leased vehicles.

Hyundai is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman, thank you for your quick reply. My mistake, though. I meant the 3.8 sedan, not the coupe. I'd appreciate the numbers on that model so I can make an informed decision.
    I spoke with a CT Hyundai dealer earlier today. He quoted me .00127 money factor, 53% residual, $591.90 with zero down on a 36 month lease. Also said that Hyundai was not supporting 24 month leases. Given that information, the Genesis route may not be the best choice. In view of the current deals available on BMW 5s, I'm thinking that's probably the better way to go at the moment, especially since the bimmer is available with four-wheel drive.
  • There are quite a few "left overs" on dealer lots around the US, and I'm considering picking one up. Does Hyundai still list leasing info on them?

If so, what's the pertinent info for a 2009 3.8L with technology, and premium plus. 12K miles would be fine.

24-36-48 month.

Thanks!
    Frank
  • capplacappla Posts: 29
    What was the cost of purchasing the extra 3,000 or 5,000 miles in advance?
    You're welcome, nrwayne. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Genesis Sedan 3.8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00102 and 51%, respectively.

Hyundai is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of Genesis Sedans.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Frank. Unfortunately, Hyundai is not providing lease support on leftover 2009 models any longer. If you are intent on leasing, then you'll have to go with a '10.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Carman,
    Based on your information, it appears that a 36-month lease deal at invoice for a 3.8 Genesis sedan with tech and premium packages should come in at $555/month (after $1,000 dealer cash). The one dealer I contacted quoted $591. He said most of these cars were sold down south since they're RWD. My guess is that I'll have to shop around. I have to think that there's a high-volume dealer somewhere who will beat that by a wide margin. I don't mind traveling for an hour or two to make a decent savings.
  • Thanks Car_man. That being the case, can you tell me the rates on 3.8 & 4.6 sedans, 12K miles? (Does equipment matter that much to lease numbers?)
  • teasipteasip Posts: 16
    Looked at a Genesis 4.6 today with Tech/Premium packages. Sticker is $43800 and according to this site's FMV less the $1500 discount for owning a Lexus I come up with a Cap Cost price of $39703. I intend to pay the sales tax and other necessary fees up front. I don't see residual values for a 4.6 at 36 mos. so I used 51% and the current MF of 0.00102 (tier 1 credit). This gives me a lease price of $579.74. This look correct, and if so, a reasonable offer on my part?
  • In Houston, TX, looking to lease the GT or track v6 manual genesis coupe for 48 months. Looking for an idea on the residual value and monthly payments for that car. Really appreciate some help here. Thank you.
    No problem FrankRizzo. Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Genesis Sedan V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00127 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Genesis Sedan V8 are .00102 and 52%.

When negotiating your lease on either of these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of them.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi easilyamused. I don't believe that Hyundai is offering supported 48 month leases on the Genesis Coupe right now.

Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Genesis Coupe GT without navigation with 15,000 miles per year are .00224 and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Genesis Coupe Track V6 without navigation with a manual transmission are .00224 and 58%.

When negotiating your deal on either of these cars, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available leases of on them.

Car_man
    Host
  • bdbear4bdbear4 Posts: 2
    I'm looking to lease a Genesis 4.6 with Tech Package within the next month. What information will I need to have (with descriptions) to make sure I'm getting the best deal?
  • davizgunsdavizguns Posts: 1
    I just got a Quote from Hyundai dealer for

- 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT lease (36months, 12K)

- $3000 down and $360 + tax

Im not a strong credit holder but I do have a cosigner (credit worthy)

Am I getting a good deal or not? It's my first time getting a car but I dont want to

make lots of mistakes. Please help!!!!!!
  • Could you please provide the current lease rates for the 2011Genesis in both the 3.8 and 4.6 engines? Money factors and residual % would be helpful. Also, are there other lease incentives? Thanks
  • Got an amazing Genesis today!!

3000 down ,490 per month for 36 months with window tinting!!!

BTW its fully loaded with the premium and tech package

Portland,Oregon
  • toyetoye Posts: 351
    Congratulations on your new purchase!!!!
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    Enjoy your Genesis! What color combo? If I may, I suggest next time you lease put less money down and roll it into your payments. In the event of a total loss you would never get back the upfront (cap cost reduction) money.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• sandy25sandy25 Posts: 65
    Enjoy your new ride. Did the $3000 down include the $595 acquisition fee, 1st month payment and dealer fees?
  • Yes it did include all that stuff !!

what do u guys think abt the deal..

is it great, good , bad??

BTW ****the car is simply AWESOME and just makes u wanna drive it more and more****
  • higeoffhigeoff Posts: 1
    For 36 month lease, please?
  • just to clarify its not a GT, its a genesis sedan
  • what is the money factor for the sedan as well as the coupe for 2010 and/or 2011 models?
    i read through some of the postings from a few months ago and cannot believe it is as high as .00205.
    it would be a 36 month/12k lease. in both cases it would be for the 3.8.
  • avexavex Posts: 29
    Car_man:

Could you please provide the September 2010 residual and MF for both the Genesis Coupe 3.8 BASE (i.e. no Nav) model and the Genesis Coupe 3.8 "GT" model? I would prefer numbers for 2011 models, if available.

I am interested only in a 36 month lease at 15k miles per year.

Anyone know if 3.8 coupes are selling below invoice?

Thank you.
  • Hi bennych1. Hyundai's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Sedan V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00132 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Genesis Sedan V8 are .00142 and 55%.

I don't believe that Hyundai is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the '11 Genesis Sedan right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi muse426. The '11 Genesis Coupe's money factors and residual values vary by trim level. They're anywhere from .00150 to .00180 on the '11 Coupe.

Hyundai Finance's current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the '11 Genesis Sedan V6 are .00132 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'd be happy to help you out, avex.

Hyundai Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a base '10 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT with an automatic transmission are .00180 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.