Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Genesis Lease Questions

Comments

• tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    Enjoy your Genesis! What color combo? If I may, I suggest next time you lease put less money down and roll it into your payments. In the event of a total loss you would never get back the upfront (cap cost reduction) money.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• sandy25sandy25 Posts: 65
    Enjoy your new ride. Did the $3000 down include the $595 acquisition fee, 1st month payment and dealer fees?
  • Yes it did include all that stuff !!

what do u guys think abt the deal..

is it great, good , bad??

BTW ****the car is simply AWESOME and just makes u wanna drive it more and more****
  • higeoffhigeoff Posts: 1
    For 36 month lease, please?
  • just to clarify its not a GT, its a genesis sedan
  • what is the money factor for the sedan as well as the coupe for 2010 and/or 2011 models?
    i read through some of the postings from a few months ago and cannot believe it is as high as .00205.
    it would be a 36 month/12k lease. in both cases it would be for the 3.8.
  • avexavex Posts: 29
    Car_man:

Could you please provide the September 2010 residual and MF for both the Genesis Coupe 3.8 BASE (i.e. no Nav) model and the Genesis Coupe 3.8 "GT" model? I would prefer numbers for 2011 models, if available.

I am interested only in a 36 month lease at 15k miles per year.

Anyone know if 3.8 coupes are selling below invoice?

Thank you.
  • Hi bennych1. Hyundai's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Sedan V6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00132 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Genesis Sedan V8 are .00142 and 55%.

I don't believe that Hyundai is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the '11 Genesis Sedan right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi muse426. The '11 Genesis Coupe's money factors and residual values vary by trim level. They're anywhere from .00150 to .00180 on the '11 Coupe.

Hyundai Finance's current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the '11 Genesis Sedan V6 are .00132 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'd be happy to help you out, avex.

Hyundai Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a base '10 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT with an automatic transmission are .00180 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • I've got a 2009 3.8 Genesis loaded that is coming off the 24 month lease and has 25K miles. Have loved this car...so want to keep it. Just wondering if anyone else has purchased after the lease and if: 1) you were able to negotiate the sale price at all? (not common), 2) had any surprises with the process?, 3) worked with a dealership or sent the payoff check directly to lien holder?

It's nice to buy out a lease and end up with several thousand in equity (to BB retail) and a great car)

Also, any other experiences with getting service dept to replace the Throttle Position Sensor? I have noticed some hesitation on acceleration lately....

Thanks!
  • toyetoye Posts: 351
    Mine will be up after 36 months and I will probably have about 37k on it and they 3.8 Tech my buy out will be just under 19k according to my paperwork.
  • You cannot negotiate the sale price of a car coming off lease. What the lease paper works states is the residual value is the price you pay. Think about it, if the car were worth a lot less then the contracted residual value would you let the lender charge you for the difference?
  • Yeah....think about it. You can indeed negotiate the lease buyout sale price with some companies, my question was regarding any experience with Hyundai. Most lease returns are going to go to auction, or will be sold at a discount to a dealer and they won't get the full residual, so there's often room for negotiation. Some companies have an insurance that covers this gap, so they are not motivated to deal...but buyers will never know who does, and who doesn't...so again, my question regarding any real life experience. I doubt there is...but it can't hurt to ask.
  • I had a great experience. Had a 3.8 2009 with 17000 miles. To get best financial deal, I decided to lease a 2011 4.6. I couldn't negotiate buyout price with Hyundai finance but negotiated trade price with dealer. Picked up 2000 equity from trade and no turn in fees (400). Got a terrific price on 2011 and for a 3 year lease lowered my lease payment 40 month with big improvement in the car. I loved my 2009 but...Drive the 2011...it is a much better ride with every bell and whistle. Also, check out hyundai think tank/hyundai circle. Path to a fabulous deal!
  • Hello Car man,

can you provide me with the following information on a 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 base (no navi) with Automatic Transmission, on a 36 month, 12000 miles/yr lease, in NYC

MSRP
    Invoice
    Holdback
    Residual %
    Residual $
    Money Factor
    Estimated Monthly payment with 0 down

Would also appreciate the same info for Grand Touring of the same model.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited October 2010
    Hi infalliblesal. You can find the pricing data that you're looking for over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Hyundai Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 57%, respectively.

I believe that the numbers for the Grand Touring model are .00150 and 58%.

Let me know what the prices for the exact models that you are interested in are and I will be happy to work up some sample lease payments on them for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man,

I wrote up a purchase order on a 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring in Dark Gray for 29696 (500 above invoice?)

I'm assuming destination is included in that, since the numbers tied to edmunds as follows:
    27918 Invoice
    +228 Options (cargo net, cargo tray, ipod cable, carpeted floor mats at invoice)
    +250 advertising
    +800 destination
    =29196

When I worked up the numbers i did:
    +500 dealer profit negotiated

=29696

+595 Bank fee (standard non negotiable?)
    -400 student rebate

=29891 adjusted cap

-17884.3 Residual (@ 58% MSRP of 30835, quoted and confirmed by dealer)

=12006.7 depreciation
    /36
    =333.52 Dpereciation / month

and then using leaseguide.com method:
    (29891 +17884.3) x .0015 (quoted by you, confirmed from dealer)
    =71.66 Interest per month

333.52+71.66= ~ 405

I meet with the finance manager on saturday (unless i can get there tonight), but I believe the sales guy and I were agreeing at about 409 per month, pre tax.

In NYS the tax is on the sum of the payments (409 x 36 x .08875 = 1306.75/36= ~36.30, making my total monthly about 445.30)

If you could confirm the quality of this deal I would appreciate it. I am assuming that the 800 destination is already built into this price, and I think theyre going to try and add it on again next to the bank fee. Am I correct in assuming that I should not allow this?

Please let me know if your calculation of a good deal on the monthly payment on this car is significantly different from mine.
  • Hi infalliblesal. $500 over dealer invoice is a very good deal for a leased 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. If you think that the invoice price that the dealer quoted you is not accurate, you can look it (including the destination charge) up over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Also, you might want to check to make sure that the dealer is using Hyundai Finance's buy rate lease money factor of .00180 to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • what are the current residual and money factors for 2010 and 2011 genesis sedan 4.6L?

looking for 36mths 15k

thanks!
This discussion has been closed.