Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Hyundai Genesis Initial Quality and Issues

1235»

Comments

• I have a comment, that could possibly also serve as advice for some. I am the owner of a 2009 Hyundai Genesis. Even when my vehicle hasn't been bad to me (I had my fair share of problems, but that is beyond the scope of this forum), my dealership experience has been worse than awful. I paid around forty thousand dollars for this car, but when I go back to my delaership (HUB HYUNDAI WEST in Houston), I am treated like the owner of a fifteen thousand Hyunday Accent. The waiting room is a 10X10 rat cage, with the most uncomfortable chairs you can ever imagine, and no entretainment whatsoever. Just awful! What a far cry from the treatment that I received from my Lexus dealer (I used to have a GS300 before the Genesis). If you want "cheap", go for the Genesis. That's how your dealer will treat you. I'd rather spend a little bit extra and enjoy the next several years being treated the way I like and deserve. My last piece of advice: If you still decide to buy the Genesis, don't buy from HUB HYUNDAI. You will come to regret it eventually. Just like I did
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,023
    edited January 2011
    I have my issues with my Genesis, but, I have to say that my dealer treats me very well. The car is always washed (well, not some half-a$$ job) and filled with gas anytime it is there.

They are currently under construction to improve the facility and offer a loaner for all service.

Why don't you try another Hyundai dealer in the area. You don't have to have it serviced where you bought it.

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• poodog13poodog13 Posts: 320
    You'd rather pay extra for comfortable chairs and a television tuned to the People's Court in a service waiting room that you hope to never use? If you've got extra money to throw around, why not just pay to have your vehicle picked up and dropped off and avoid the waiting room altogether?

Oh, and by the way it would take more than a little bit extra to get into the same size, power, and equipment in a Lexus. Just sayin.
  • genesis57genesis57 Posts: 21
    I have a 2009 v6 with Tech Package that has 34,500 miles on it. I've recently started experiencing electrical issues where when I turn the car off, the radio continues to play...but all other lights, features are off. I have to turn the car on and off several times to get it to stop. Of more concern is that now, when I turn the car off, the steering column no longer retracts or tilts up and away from the driver seat. When using the toggle switch on the left side of the column, response is intermittent and I can eventually get it to tilt up and retract but it no longer does it on it's own. I've reset the driver memory positions a couple times, and ensured that this tilt away function is selected in the driver options. Has anyone else had any issues with this or other dash electronics?

Other than this, the car has been flawless. Once I got rid of the OEM Dunlops and put Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires on....the ride and handling improved dramatically. These tires are amazing on wet roads and I'm looking forward to seeing if they live up to their reviews on snow traction performance this winter. I still get lots of compliments on the car, and love the fit and finish and all the options included. Great car.
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,023
    The power tilt/tele wheel is a known problem for the Genesis. The dealer should be able to fix it, by installing new "limit" switches.

Mine has had that fix and still is wacky. It always retracts but often doesn't return to the right spot. In addition mine never goes back to the right spot with the memory presets. After my GF drives the car and I push memory setting number 1 I can bet that the wheel will be in my lap.

I just deal with it, only 10 months left with the car.

I haven't experienced the radio issue.
    As for your other

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

1235»