Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Traverse Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• blh7068blh7068 Posts: 376
    I just bought a 1LT with rear camera as the only stand alone option

msrp 32950

paid 31700 before rebates.

Sidenote- I purchased from a friend who is one of the finance managers a local chevy dealer. There isnt a ton of markup in these vehicles.

Hope this helps.
  • raybee2raybee2 Posts: 2
    Just bought FWD LS
    MSRP 30065
    Sale Price 25810
    less rebates 3250
    kbb for trade 07 grand prix 8000
    gm card top off 2000
    with tax, title and registration OTD at 14298
  • shopper20shopper20 Posts: 7
    Does anyone know when the 2010 Chevy Traverse is due out? I have contacted a few dealers about what they have on their lots but am thinking about waiting to buy until the 2010's come out.
  • selooseloo Posts: 606
    Ray,

Great deal.

Please breakdown the numbers:

$4,255 (GMS, DBCs, Holdback, etc...)

$3,250 (Standard Rebate, Loyalty Cash, etc..)

Thanks
  • wavehowaveho Posts: 31
    I don't believe that any substantive changes are planned for the 2010 Traverse. With GM idling several plants this summer, including the plant that manufactures the Traverse, it could be a while before the 2010 comes out and supply may begin to fall. I think though that at least for the next few months there will be plenty of Traverses to choose from and good deals to make. But unlike past years, due to the plant idling, I don't think there will be the usual oversupply of new cars on the lots. Just something to keep in mind.
  • raybee2raybee2 Posts: 2
    Sale price offered to me was $25810, not really sure how they came up with it as the best I could do at another dealership was GMS pricing which was over $200 more. I had went in with a figure of around $1500 that I thought would be best deal possible, they came back at $14600 and I got them to come down another $300. Price was $300 less than at other dealership.
    But it went like this

Vehicle Price 25810
    Trade 8000
    Total bfore tax 17810
    tax 1600
    Rebates 2250
    Gm loyalty 1000
    GM card 2000
    Total 14160 + tags, registration, admin fee =14298
  • klpsklps Posts: 1
    Here's the breakdown-
    Lt1 AWD with 7 psg seating
    MSRP 34,040
    trade in 6000 (which I think is fair for my vehicle)
    rebates 2250 ( customer loyalty & some other rebate)
    total 25,790
    I asked for OTD at 25,000 so as to incl tax, doc, etc.
    buy it? or wait for july and take my chances with stock issues?
  • circlewcirclew Posts: 8,366
    Wait if you qualify for "Cash-for-Clunkers" credit...~$4,500.

Pssed House - In Senate

Regards,
    OW
  • prophetxprophetx Posts: 5
    Last night I finalized the purchase of my LT2 AWD Traverse. It is Desert Brown w/ Dk Titanium carpet and Lt Cashmere leather interior. It also has the dual skyscrape sunroof, trailer tow and a block heater. After 6 weeks of negotiating with dealers (Saturn & GMC), and searching inventories, I found exactly what I wanted at the dealer that has always given me the best deals on previous vehicles. They offered it to me at $7600 under MSRP, plus $3000 GM card points and 0% financing. With the addition of my trade which they gave me $500 more than I expected, (compared to other dealer offers), I was able to get my net loan down to $30,300 or $505/month. This is the most expensive car I've ever purchased, nearly $10,000 higher MSRP than my last vehicle, but it's only costing me $35/month more. I couldn't be happier. I hope the vehicle is as rewarding as the final sale. Good luck and happy hunting.
  • I am looking for the exact same car. Can you post the breakdown of your cost and did you have a GM vehicle to get the $3000 GM card points.
    Thanks in advance.
  • zone4zone4 Posts: 46
    How low/high does the temperature dial reads? I read whether some SUV's only go to 70 degrees which is not cold enough for me on a very hot day.
  • umpire19umpire19 Posts: 1
    I went to a NE Pennsy Acadia dealer first, and got the run around with my trade, a loaded 2005 Trailblazer LT, with 87000 mi. on it. I walked, even tho' we got within $800 of my goal.
    Yesterday - went to my local chevy dealer in PA, and looked at 2009 Traverse, with navi, trailer package and rear view cam, MSRP $37, 900, and GMS priced at
    $36 202. rebates were worth 2500 off that, or 0 % finance. I went for the 0 % over 60 mo, and got $11, 200 for the Trailblazer. Got dealer to take all the fees except State tax and tags, out of the 25 grand balance. Both dealers didn't want to do much about going below the GMS pricing, although, the chevy wound up to be 200 below invoice. Love the vehicle BTW, but maybe could've done a little better, Feel like I contributed some $$ back into OBAMA'S BAILOUT $$$ Package.
  • wwtsdwwtsd Posts: 3
    LT1
    Only options chosen were 7pass cloth seating, Nav with Rearview Camera, Bose Sound, and Trailering Package. This is essentially a base LT1 with a Nav system.

MSRP 36,365
    Negotiated Price 33,489

From all of my research on consumer reports, it appears as though I'm paying about $500 above the true dealer cost, which is a fine place for me. Should also note that there was an additional 2250 incentive, which I decided to forego and take 0% 60 month financing.
  • On July 15th, I traded my 07 YUKON SLT2 for a 09 Traverse LTZ AWD w/dual skyscape moonroof , trailer package, heavy duty cooling system, rear DVD,2nd row centerconsole and extra for Red Jewel Tincoat plus destination (775.).

Sticker MSRP 46,635.
    straightforward price 44,546.
    GM rebate -2,250.
    GM card discount -1,000.
    gross sell 41,296.
    trade in allowance 28,421.
    Admin & Title fee 125.
    net due 13,000.

There was no room to try to get the Traverse for less. My only room was in the trade in, but they offered me $1,500 more for the Yukon than was offered from Toyota,Acura,Audi and Ford. I could have gotton similar from GMC(Acadia) or Buick(Enclave), but I think the Traverse is the best looking of the Lambda platforms. I could have gotten the 2010, but there is no straightforward discount or GM rebates on the 2010. The Traverse has been great so far.
  • jwallyjwally Posts: 71
    The following is based on my opinion and or facts:
    I have owned a GM products for over 25 years and GM stock which I lost alot of money. After car shopping at GM and Chrysler STEALERSHIPS I can see why both went bankrupt. I should of shopped for a GM vehicle before owning GM stock it would of helped(prevented) me from owning GM stock.my last vehicle spent alot on NON regular maintance parts including a plastic intake plenium that GM has known as a problem for many years and did nothing until a class action that I missed the deadline and only covered up to 140,000 miles so because i was loyaled and owned my with 250,000 miles i was out of the suit. only because of the roomy interior,price and wife wanted i bought 09 Traverse LS FWD. vehicle sticker price $30065.00. advertised at $22,990.00 plus BS stealership fees [about $1300 which included sneaky color choice additional fee which is not on GM site,freight and handling(we had to take the one on stock in lot),delivery prep fee(overpriced car wash)]. -$1750 rebate.State taxes on car and rebate $2201.00. All said and done out the door price with taxes,fees,rebates,MUST FINANCE at 8%,etc $26500.00
    I called around and no other dealer could touch it.

****another note reading Edmunds reviews indicated that a representative had noticed 2 years ago a transmission sluggish problem shifting on the Saturn Outlook(same platform as Traverse)and was corrected on Saturn but yet GM puts out the Traverse WITH the same problem and yet typical GM puts out the Traverse with the problem instead of fixing. The one thing i hate so far is the transmission shifting feels terrible and should of been corrected like the saturn BEFORE selling. also I have read reviews about the oil filter too close and hard to access and spilling all over bottom of engine. GM get your act together and put a splash sheild under oil filter like many vehicles have and fix the obvious transmission shifting problem.
    The customer service reps and corporate office executive assistants on the phone sound like incompetent employees,wait and see or call for yourself.
  • Hello - I just had a quote and was wondering if this is a good price. Also, what is estimated motor vehicle expense? Also, does the rebate go on after the tax?

29,941.00 Selling price
    2,095.87 7 % NJ sales tax
    350.00 Estimated Motor Vehicle expense(State imposed)
    148.00 Dealer adminisration fee
    7.50 Tire Tax

- 2,000.00 rebate

NET PRICE : 30,542.37
  • Last week the local Houston Chronicle newspaper listed one Chevy dealer give $4900 discount. $2000 from rebate and $2900 from dealer's discount. I would assume you still can negotiate more when you visit dealer. So just $2000 rebate discount seems not enough.
  • Hi all,
    I'm looking to buy a traverse LT2 (plus/minus entertainment system).
    Has anyone bought one recently? whats a good price

I'm in Philadelphia
    THanks
  • answers to your Questions:
    I just had a quote and was wondering if this is a good price.
    I don't think so see my prior posts for what I paid.
    Also, what is estimated motor vehicle expense? Not sure in NJ
    Also, does the rebate go on after the tax? In NY Rebate is taxed.
    ">link title
    <a href="http://www.automotive.com/2009/12/chevrolet/traverse/recalls/index.html
    Three recalls on this POS!
    Bought August 2009 a late 09 model with 39 miles on my and feel the same shifting stumbles as noted on many sites ( Google chevrolet traverse transmission problem) and you will see many. some articles since October 2008 so Chevy hasn't had enoght time to work out kinks. owned GM cars for 25 years and lost a lot of $$$ on GM stock but after car shopping I can see why GM went bankrupt,salesman nothing but lies,deception,scams,arrogants,etc. I hate the tranny stumble!
    Also I had a 1996 pontiac before this and if interior light left on in 5 minutes it would automatically turn off to save battery. my little one left the interior light on and 3 hours later i noticed it was still on. How can a 2009 year vehicle leave the lights on? I guess i'll be going through batteries. like the ride and roomy interior but have lots of doubts. I also read on Edmunds the oli filter is very hard to change because its too close to radiator and there's no plastic shield under the oil filter so the oil spills all over the engine/underside when filter removed,terrible design. NOW I know why GM went Bankrupt.
    [email="http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/reviews/healey/2008-10-23-test-drive- -chevrolet-traverse_N.htm"]Chevy Traverse a pretty decent crossover SUV[/email]
  • Bought August 2009 a late 09 model with 39 miles on my and feel the same shifting stumbles as noted on many sites ( Google chevrolet traverse transmission problem) and you will see many. some articles since October 2008 so Chevy hasn't had enoght time to work out kinks. owned GM cars for 25 years and lost a lot of $$$ on GM stock but after car shopping I can see why GM went bankrupt,salesman nothing but lies,deception,scams,arrogants,etc. I hate the tranny stumble!
    Also I had a 1996 pontiac before this and if interior light left on in 5 minutes it would automatically turn off to save battery. my little one left the interior light on and 3 hours later i noticed it was still on. How can a 2009 year vehicle leave the lights on? I guess i'll be going through batteries. like the ride and roomy interior but have lots of doubts. I also read on Edmunds the oli filter is very hard to change because its too close to radiator and there's no plastic shield under the oil filter so the oil spills all over the engine/underside when filter removed,terrible design. NOW I know why GM went Bankrupt.
    [email="http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/reviews/healey/2008-10-23-test-drive- -chevrolet-traverse_N.htm"]Chevy Traverse a pretty decent crossover SUV[/email]

Also 3 RECALLS already on this vehicle
  • This is the Silver LT AWD with DVD w/Bose, Rear camera w/sensor & blue tooth. It also has cloth interior, 8 passenger. Does NOT have navigation, moonroof, tow etc.
    2009 LT AWD:
    MSRP $37,200
    Rebate ($3,000)
    Dealer Discount ($3,212) after 3.5hrs of negotiating and leaving almost 6 times
    Total Price: $30,988
    Also they threw in 5 years of oil changes & tire rotations. I'd estimate that would be around $1500 bucks. Any thoughts? I haven't got to the financing yet but am wondering if the price seems good or not????
  • jwallyjwally Posts: 71
    "Also they threw in 5 years of oil changes & tire rotations. I'd estimate that would be around $1500 bucks. Any thoughts? I haven't got to the financing yet but am wondering if the price seems good or not????'
    My "thought" STAY AWAY! They promised me and even charged me for A rewards program and never gave it to me. They said the rewards was some free oil changes like every third or fourth. after checking owners manual this car can go upto a year without needing a oil change. so don't think your saving much. Get it in writing BEFORE you sign anything, I made that mistake.
  • cowbeecowbee Posts: 2
    where do you guys get this deals? It is hard to find such a deal in chicago area...
  • meg15meg15 Posts: 5
    Hello,

Can you let me know if you can help me arrange a purchase of either Ford Edge or Chevrolet Traverse or Equinox. The car has to have AWD with basic package and the engine 3.2 to 3.5. I want the car be possibly new but any other offers for up to 3 years old can be consider. Lastly can you help me with all the paper work required to bring the car to Canada. What prices are for these cars and is it worth it compare to canadian prices to buy car in US. Anyone who can help please let me know
    Thank you
  • jpfjpf Posts: 496
    If you live in Canada and want to buy a new car in the U.S. and bring it back to Canada, I do not believe it is worth the effort. First, dealers in Canada may not honor the warranty in this situation. Second, the vehicle has to meet Canadian Department of Transport, safety and emission standards. Not all vehicles meet these standards. You need to check out Transport Canada's website. See the attached link:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/mediaroom/releases-nat-2007-07-h245e-1924.htm

Also, the vehicle will be subject to the GST and if you pay sales tax in the U.S. then you're paying double tax. Good luck.
  • meg15meg15 Posts: 5
    Does anyone know if you can buy new GM vehicle in US as a Canadian resident?
    If yes does GM cover warranty or not and is it worth it to buy there in the first place.
  • bb4x4bb4x4 Posts: 4
    I haven't bought yet, but were only a day away.

No dealers in Maryland seem to want to dig deep for a sale. Looks like invoice is about $1,200 under MSRP and they don't want to go there.
    My deal right now with Jeff Barnes is $500 over invoice on a Granite 2010 Traverse LT2 AWD. From there, a $2,500 GM discount, $1,000 loyalty discount, and $750 off for being with USAA. This at 4.75% financing. Looks like we'll take it.
    Criswell may go to $100 over invoice, but after what their service department did to me on my truck I'll never deal with that place again! Jeff Barnes has an awesome service department and it's worth a little extra to give them the sale.
    I can give up the $2,500 and $750 credits and get 2.9% from GMAC. They don't offer 0% now. :(
  • bb4x4bb4x4 Posts: 4
    Well, we couldn't take both the $1,000 owner loyalty discount AND the USAA discount together - GM wouldn't allow it. So, we were given pinstripes, a free oil change, and a much better rate than 4.75% from a local lender!

230 miles so far and we absolutely love the room, the way it drives, the handling, the turning radius and even the little amber light that gently illuminates the cupholder area!

We find ourselves just looking for places to drive to! :)
  • blendblend Posts: 4
    Has anyone heard of a Luxury and Fuel Inefficient Surcharge on the traverse? I am in the state of NJ and the dealer wanted to tack on an additional .4%. Normally, NJ sales tax is 7%, not 7.4%. Any response would be appreciated.
  • mandms_mommandms_mom Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a 2010 AWD 1LT Traverse, with remote start & back up camera. I'm not sure I am sold on the Traverse yet--I've realized that without the back up camera, I would have a very difficult time backing up the vehicle since the rear window is so high. But, I do like the room and I have owned my current Chevy for over 10 years with ultimately no problems--which leans me towards Chevy. I really wanted a Traverse with a moon roof, but I am having a difficult time finding one. The dealership has offered to have one installed for a $1400 price to me (not sure my thoughts on an after market roof though)
    MSRP on the vehicle is $34,900. Dealership originally told me they could come down $2k (so $32,900). They are currently offering a 0% or $2k rebate-of which I have informed the dealership I wish to take the 0%. Clearly, they forgot that part because my most recent offer was $30,988, including all rebates and discounts. So basically, add the $2k rebate back on to that offer and that puts me at $32,988. Essentially they have dropped $2k from MSRP and have been giving me the run around about their invoice price so I am having a hard time basing my final offer on that.

It seems that I've read about people getting new LTZ for only $1 or 2K more than the offer I have on the table.

I'm in the Northeast and would love feedback on what people have paid for 2010's vs MSRP or invoice. Also, I am in now rush to buy, however, I now have the new car bug and so I would like to do it in the next month or so. ould I have any advantage waiting until June? I've searched for incentives and rebates etc., but i dont think i qualify for many of them---USAA member, Toyota, or Saturn owner etc.--would've thought the "loyalty" discount would go to those who currently own a chevy like myself..........