Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Traverse Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,650
Ask your Traverse lease questions here!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• What are the current numbers for a Traverse LT FWD, 36 month, 10,000 miles per year?
  • Hi indianajohns. General Motors is not currently providing lease support on the Traverse, or any Chevrolet model for that matter. The only incentives that are available on the Traverse right now are 6.9% financing for up to 5 years and some owner loyalty cash...$1,000 to current lessees of any vehicle and an additional $1,000 to current owners of select GM vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,822
    A reporter is interested in talking with owners of a 2009 Chevy Traverse. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to jwahl@edmunds.com no later than Monday, November 3, 2008 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• nargnarg Posts: 113
    I find it funny the $2000 incentive that GM is offering on Traverse buyers, IF they have another GM car under current lease agreement.
  • I assume GM is doing this because they are reducing the number of leases that give (none through GMAC) and they want to keep the cost (and monthly amount) down for people who are finishing up their leases and then get monthly payment shock!
  • I have been emailing local dealerships for a 3 year lease $0 down, 12k miles per year on a 2009 Traverse LS ($29,065 msrp) in the Los Angeles area. I have been getting quotes in the $450-$600 dollar range. These quotes seem extremely high to me.
    I for some reason thought I would be receiving rock bottom prices in the $300's range.
    Am I wrong to expect this?

Something I found on AOL autos....
    http://autos.aol.com/cars-best-deal-hub/make-Chevrolet/model-Traverse/offer-Leas- e/sort-price

Thanks
  • I just picked up my LTZ with every possible option. 39 months, 15K per year. Payment is just over $600.00 with USBank. 5750.00 in incentives.

GM and Leasing were mutually exclusive terms for most of the latter part of 2008. USBank and Chase are offering leases for GM vehicles. These are not the attractive leases that we all got used to. It's back to a sensible approach where a 3 year lease payment roughly equals a 5 year loan payment. I doubt we ever go back because GM no longer has a finance arm of the business that can absorb risky deals. GMAC took a bath on the Suburban I just turned in. It's on the lot listed for 10,000 less than the residual on my contract.

I love the car... The ride is quiet and smooth. I would put the interior finish just short of the luxury class.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    I though GM was not leasing anymore?
  • I though GM was not leasing anymore?

He said he leased through US Bank. GM still isn't leasing trucks and SUV's through GMAC.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Thank you so much :)
  • murphy4murphy4 Posts: 92
    MSRP $38,955
    Discounts $7,500

TOTAL $31,455

I think this is a good deal. Anyone seen or heard better? The next hurdle is financing. Of course GM won't let you take 0% and all the discounts according to my dealer. Is that true?
  • swinn1swinn1 Posts: 2
    Hi
    Where did you get this discount ?
    I am looking for LT1 AWD..
    Thx :surprise:
  • jarradejarrade Posts: 3
    Hello all….obviously the future of this question is up in the air, but can anyone share recent pricing experiences on lease/purchases?

I know this starts a new month of incentives as well (if that even happens with the filing), but any new info is appreciated. Looking at 2LT ans LTZ models if that helps.

Thanks…
  • Car_man,

I saw an ad (not a dealer ad) for a traverse lease - fwd ls. Now that GM is leasing again, can you provide the lease numbers for a 2009&2010 AWD LT2. Lease would be for 36 months with 15000 miles per year. If there's any cash or rebates that can be applied, let me know. Thanks for your help
  • Hey dolphin5. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT2 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.75% and 44%, respectively. The General is currently providing a $1,900 cash incentive on leases of this truck through GMAC.

GM is not currently providing lease support on the 2009 version of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • What could I expect to pay per month on fully loaded 36 mth lease with 0 down, 12k per year? Is there a link which will walk me thru this calc. Thanks, haven't used the site in few yrs.
  • Hi joefebeets. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the truck that you are interested in if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price...or at least the MSRP and invoice price. That data is available right here in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

If you want to calculate this truck's payment on your own, you can use the formula that is outlined in the following article: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who recently leased a GM or Chrysler vehicle in the past two months . Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Thursday, October 8, 2009.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• wnukwnuk Posts: 40
    Car Man

In your above post, you indicated:

The General is currently providing a $1,900 cash incentive on leases of this truck through GMAC.

Is this still the case today? I am interested in leasing a 2010 LT1 with 7 passenger seating with an MSRP of $34,715. The dealer quoted me $425/month (taxes included) with $3,125 down, 48 months, 12K per year. He also quoted me an interest rate of 2.5% and a residual of $13,191 (38%). He told me of the $1000 rebate on the vehicle through GM but nothing of the $1,900 through GMAC that you mentioned. Is this still in effect? Also, when I ran the numbers through the lease calculator here on edmunds, (Invoice minus rebate plus down payment) I came up with $387/month. Any idea on a reason for the descrepency?

Do I have the correct numbers (money factor and residual)?

Thank you for any info you can provide.
  • Yep, wnuk, the $1,900 cash incentive for leases of the 2010 Chevrolet Traverse through GMAC is still available.

GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2010 Traverse LT1 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 38%, respectively.

I would be happy to work up a payment on this truck for you if you tell me what number you are using as a selling price.

Car_man
    Host