Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 300 Check Engine, VSC and TRAC OFF Lights

13»

Comments

• neecy57neecy57 Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Hello,
    I have a RX300 2002 that I purchased in July of last year so far only minor problems the car had 80,000 mi at purchase but what's brothering me is I hear a slight hum when I am idleing at stop light I've had this checked by a certified mechanic who only works on Lexus he hears it too he put it on a machine, checked everything to no avail I had a small hole in my flex pipe he changed that other than that the car runs like a dream for a 9yr old car. It was a one owner car no accidents garage kept paint looks like new. Does anyone else have this problem? It's not loud just annoying . In winter it's a little louder in summer not so.
  • becungbecung Posts: 1
    other day we had the same problem 0n 2001 rx300 with codes 1130 & 1150 and also lean bank1 & bank 2. misfire cylinder #1,3&5. we changed the camshaft actuator solenoid on bank1. test drove the car- got no more misfire cylinder #1,3 &5. but still had codes 1130 , 1150 and bank 1 & bank 2 lean. we cleaned out the fuel injection system and done deal. problem fixed. clean fuel system on this car take a long time to disable the fuel pump.
    to save time we ran a hose from fuel outlet to direct to fuel tank cap.
  • '01 "AWD" RX300, ~90,000 miles.

Diagnostics indicated both l/r rear speed sensors out plus rear vehicle heigth sensor out.

Suspected, inspected, for rear cable broken, kicked up road debris...?

Nothing there.

Opened passenger side kick panel and discovered.....WATER.

Connector set, IM1,IM2, SOAKED.

Water source, dripping, seems to be quite high up, seemingly just to the right of the CD player "box". Disassembled inlet cowling but could not replicate problem even with water pouring down the windshield and into the air inlet ducts for A/C intake airflow.

Disconnected, cleaned and dried ,(hair dryer,) both IM1,2 connectors and fault indicators extinguished.

Anyone experience this...? Ideas for fix?
  • xath101xath101 Posts: 1
    Prices are a little steeper, $185 Coil - back odd cylinder labor around $230. $415 total plus tax on coil at Lexus of Las Vegas.

I currently just had lights turn on again without vehicle shaking.
  • Im having the same problem I as I keep reading about, trac off, vsc and check engine light... I checked and it was still there... lol. I replaced bank 2 sensor 1 cleared code and lights came back ten minutes later I checked the hoses on the air box not disconnected.. what do you mean by cross pins 14 and 24?? maybe this could help me with my problem?
  • cseafoxcseafox Posts: 1
    Thank you all for suggestions to check gas cap. All dash lights went off after tightening cap!! :)
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,689
    Recently, all the usual suspect lights lit on our '02 RX300. Turned out to gas cap was cracked, new gas cap and the lights went out. For about a week: came back on, need a new vapor recovery valve, which means need a whole new vapor recovery canister. Which means $$$. Putting it off, as I'm assured only performance/mpg is being affected (and spark plugs), not polluting. And I'll need four new tires before the snow flies...any suggestions for tires?

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

13»