Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jeep Cherokee Tire Vibration while Turning

abulus20abulus20 Member Posts: 5
edited April 2014 in Jeep
Ok, just got a new, well old, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Country. All decked out and loaded, about 137,000 miles. Just having one problem. When i make a left turn or a really sharp left turn, there seems to be a vibration sound from the right front tire. Its like a rubbing sound to almost a grinding sound. I had the rubber mat thing removed above the sway bar, and that didnt make any difference. Anyone know what this could possibly be? Its freaking me out.

Comments

• Options
    tuggajbtuggajb Member Posts: 646
    look and see if you are rubbing the inside of tire
    sounds as if turn stops are not set or you have larger tires than called for (prob this as most people like to install one or two size larger tire on there jeeps )
  • Options
    abulus20abulus20 Member Posts: 5
    Took it to Tuffys today and they said it was a blown hub bearing causing the wheel to shake while its driveing. Sucks big time. :(
  • Options
    gscott424gscott424 Member Posts: 2
    My 88 Cherokee 4.0 inlie six cylinder, 5 speed manual, loses power when going up a hill whether the hill is a steep one or not. It's much worse at losing power on steep hills...it even loses power when downshifting to get more power.
    What could this be?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    That doesn't sound like a tire vibration issue. I recommend posting your question in the Jeep Cherokee Grand Cherokee Engine and Performance Issues discussion. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
This discussion has been closed.