Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sportage battery and electrical Problems

2»

Comments

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,713
    good for you for doing the work yourself! Glad you're all fixed up.

2011 Kia Soul Sport 5-speed

• I had similar issue on my dodge , the computer was the issue, in hot weather the computer would get bad voltage readings and shut down to protect itself. you can get a used one to replace it but may have to go to dealer to get vin number changed on it soyou can get smog done
  • I have a 2001 Kia sportage. I love it. It's been the best car I've ever owned. However, I have had an issue with it for almost a year now. I will be driving the car and the AC, wipers, and power windows will click off, stay off for a time, click back on, stay on for a bit, click back off. There have been times when it would NOT do this for weeks/months at a time and work normally, then it would start doing it again. Started doing it again the last time someone had to jump start my battery (left a switch on and ran the battery down). I've had several people check it out, had auto zone run the tester on it, checked the wiring and all electrical connections and repaired anything that looked suspicious, replaced the battery, checked the fuses, etc... What's left?
  • edmack94edmack94 Posts: 1
    I have just replaced the starter on my 2001 KIA sportage bit I forgot which bolts on front of the solenoid does the positive cable goes to somebody help please
2»