Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Expedition Heating Problems

2»

Comments

• I'm guessing at the IAC as the culprit for your idel issue and it is easy to replace so it seems like a good place to start.
    In the front the blend door axles break which leads to no control (in the back it is the blend door actuator that breaks it's gears). Two ways to fix the blend door, the Ford way which is to remove the dash and put in another plastic door. There are aftermarket kits that you go in through the back of the glove box opening with a steel door. Look up Heater Treater, I think their site is heatertreater.com. I haven't had to do one yet, but will go with the second option when the time comes.
  • I have a 2001 Ford Expedition. I have plenty of air front and rear but no heat. The car has been flushed, fluids replaced, new radiator hose, termostat changed ... when blowing air in lower setting feels little warm if it is above freezing outside. We thought it was the blend door, so we took out the dash and ... the blend door is fine and in the open position ... so it is not that. I am hoping that maybe a new heater and hoses will fix the problem ... since it is exposed now and hoses ... but the hoses at the parts store do not look anything like what is on the car. I haven't started this project yet ... not sure how the hoses are attached. Some of them go to a T connection and there are these aluminum/metal coupling looking things where they are attached to other hoses. HELP!
2»