Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Blazer Thermostat Replacement

2»

Comments

• I yesterday I put in more antifreeze, and then discorved a leak. I took it to Autozone to get a read on my check engine light to see if that was part of the ordeal. After the scan two codes came up, P0101 and P0420. The print out that was given to me listed several things for each number.
    When I asked the guy to give more details on the items that it had said, it did not seem like he knew what he was talking about.
    Here is some of the things that were listed,
    P0101:
    1.Vacuum hose off
    2.Throttle body intake tube loose, cracked or off
    3.BARO (Barometer)/ MAP Manifold Absolute Pressure defective
    4.VAF (Vane Air Flow) MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor dirty or defective.

P0420:
    1. Catalytic Converter defective Do to possiably to 2, 3, or 4.
    2. Engine misfire or running condition
    3. Large Vacuum leak
    4. Engine oil leakage into exhust-valve guide seals piston rings.

The guy at Autozone said I should try and do the vacuum leak first cause it showed up on both of them. Now, to me,he did not know what he was talking about, so i want to make sure before undertaking this ordeal it is handled the right way the first time.

If any of those could be linked to the leakeage of antifreeze and the heat not working, could you let me know. : ) Thanks car guys.
  • jlflemmonsjlflemmons Posts: 2,240
    Where did you find the antifreeze leak? If you found it up on the intake manifold area, you probably have a blown intake gasket which would cause all sorts of problems such as what the code reader found.

Intake manifold gasket failure is somewhat common on high mileage 4.3L engines.
2»
This discussion has been closed.