Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For the love of a Classic muscle car

2»

Comments

• It seems that I'm missing the point here, we were talking muscle cars then some how toyota, lexus, camry and mazda became the topic. So where's the classic car talk whats with the import talk , how does that go along with what we are talking about or did I just miss something in the translation.
  • The motor in the mustang is kind of an idea with me so I started with the casting with the highest amount of nickel, hyper-tech pistons 0.40 over, 1969/70 heads/w 1.94/1.60 values, 1.6 Crane Roller Rockers, Guide Plates, Stew-in Studs.
    After the value job and placement of the seats I got to work with a die grinder and cleaned up the bowls and as much of the runners as possible without beating up the seats to much then back to the machine shop to complete the value job. Then again with the die grinder to gasket match the intake, heads and exhaust ports (about ten hours of work here).
    A 670 CFM Street avenger carb, Edelbrock Air Gap Intake, Centerforce Clutch, MSD 8578 pro-billet dist, MSD 6Al control box, Crane hydraulic Roller Cam 563/584 lift and 294/302 advertised duration, Mr. Gasket fuel pump, 4 speed top loader code AV and a 9 inch rear with 3.25 gear, Front wheel disc brakes, rack and pinion steering, GT interior and a good stero, Hooker Competition headers. 10.5'' lightweight externally balanced 157 tooth ford flywheel.
    I know that theres something I have missed but oh what the heck.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,321
    I'm impressed with what you've accomplished. My '66 GT Cpe remains stock for the most part. Pertronix ignition, Flowmasters, & aviation lights in the grill are the extent of modifications. It was restored in '95 & has been a show car since, but not a trailer queen as I drive it to all the shows I enter. I doubt the engine will ever blow, but if it does, perhaps a 351 mated to an AOD would be my last fix. Bought it in May '67 with 4900 miles from the first owner. Color = Ivy Green Metallic, WSW tires & the original wire wheel covers. Interior = Pony (White/Light Green) :)
  • If you can give me your email, I will let you see where I am with the car as of today. I am trying to take out all the rust that has run a muck over the last few years
  • I am glad you get to enjoy your mustang by driving it. To many mustang owners these days never get to feel what its like to drive what they have worked so hard for. I am working on my stang right now and can't wait to drive it and to see one color on it again. But right now I am working for the life of the car, it has sat to long with out my care for no reason other than I was working and did not have the time, well now I make the time just for the love of it.
  • This car has NOT changed since the 70's. Great job, Dodge!! Oh, and this car has a hemi, right?
  • Hey what's with the dodge hemi thing here in mustang world but it's ok if you have nowhere else to go. We stangers will talk to you " well for right now anyway.and why would I have a 5.7 when I can have a 5.8 and for us common folk that's a 351W
  • Rack and pinion steering, 4 wheel independent suspension, electronic engine and transmission controls even fibre optic terminations are the norm everywhere in life today. These advancements DO PERFORM. Cars today are safer and faster and more comfortable than they were 40 years ago. I drive an 09 VW EOS daily for commuting. BUT I love my 475 HP convertible 69 Camaro with 3 inch exhaust and the fact that i feel wind blown and oily after driving it all day. A roller coaster is thrilling too just like modern hotrods. But you just sit down and get taken for a ride. In an older hot rod you have GIVE yourself a ride.
  • Some of what you say is true but there so much more to a classic muscle car. We are not just talking Hi performance, anyone can drive a car that is computer controled and electronics, fibre optics or what ever else is used to assist in driving the car. Do you know the sounds of each gear by RPM, can you tell when you have a low tire by how the car feels. How do you feel when others talk about your car. Can it be said that you know every nut and bolt in you car well most od us true classic car lovers can. And theres so much more!
2»
This discussion has been closed.