Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Toyota Venza Crossover

Comments

• Thank you. It's great to be here--I'm really enjoying the conversations!
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    "...it appears we're on the right track..."

NOT...!!!

Why design/build a new I4 engine without DFI....?

Why not simply throw in the towell and use a non-notchy CVT transaxle, avoid the queasy stomach constant "shiftiness" of a 6(9) speed..?? A CVT that doesn't need DBW to provide an engine "stall" during a re-acceleration that requires a downshift..??

And now since '00 you have no less than 4 C-best options that allow more sensible, SAFER, operation of the climate control that only the dealer can set to the safer mode.

And while those 20" wheels look "super" do you really get enough FE improvement with the low CSA, contact patch, to justify the overall loss in vehicle directional control and stability...??
  • mdchachimdchachi Posts: 275
    I think the nearby / along route search is limited to a circle of 30? miles around the car while the normal POI search doesn't have this limitation. Also the along-route search only finds POIs physically along the route (not around the corner or at the next exit).
  • I have had my new Venza for about 1 1/2 months. I upgraded from a 13 year old Corolla so I am really enjoying the comfort, size, power, and luxury. I am really enjoying the V6. Tons of power when you push the pedal down. You can pass slower drivers with ease and snap your neck. I got the Convienence Package which is pretty cool. This package offers an electronic key that you never have to take out of you pocket. You just walk up to the car, touch the handle and your in. Then when inside you don't have to take the key out either. It has a push button start that senses the key in your pocket. Pretty hi-tech stuff. This package also has the auto-back lift gate. You just push a button from inside or on your remote key and the door lifts. You can also lock / unlock the car with the two buttons on the gate (again leaving the key in your pocket). I got the HID lights which really are amazing. No comparison to regular, old, dim headlights. I also got the 13 speaker JBL Synthesis option as well. Great sounding stereo but the left speaker in the dashboard vibrates (we think it is the speaker grill). I have been trying to get it to stop with the dealers help (ordering a new grill etc.). We have reduced the noise but it still rattles. Very frustrating. I drove around today with a technician and it wouldn't rattle, of course when I got home it started again. I have also had problems with the back right strut / suspension making noise. At slow speeds when going over bumps it creaks like an old car. Between the above two problems I have been in to the service department 5 times! Hopefully, the suspension problem was fixed today. They worked on a fix with Toyota headquarters who had some other Venza's with the same problem. I guess that is the risk you take when buying a first year car. I figured with Toyota it wouldn't be a problem but I was wrong. They are however working with me diligently to get the problems fixed. The other option I got was the back up camera and security system. The camera is really helpful when backing into / out of a parallel spot. You can see right where the bumper of the other car is or the little dash line showing the end of the space. This is nice as the Venza is a fairly large car. Overall, I am very pleased with the car and am optimistic that everything will be fixed to my liking. Also, there has been some talk about the Venza being a rough ride. This is due to the big 20" rims. My Venza came off the lot with 35 pounds of pressure in each tire. This was a very firm ride. I read the owners manual which recommended 32 pounds pressure. I tried 32 and this has softened the ride considerably. Hopefully, this info. will help other potential Venza buyers out there. Great car but be prepared to work out some bugs.
  • david_k1david_k1 Posts: 39
    Sacha -
    Thanks for watching the site...
    A question - One of the target audiences of the Venza is empty nesters WITH animals - Yes?? Then why can I not find the Toyota accessories that we need to keep our cute little dog in the back section?? I have been trying to find a Venza specific DOG "fence" to keep our pouch in the back (trunk) area as well as a "soft" blanket type Protector. I can find some after market generic pieces but thought that Toyota was going to produce and sell "genuine" gear.
    Also, since I got you here, is there a supplier of Toyota Mud Flaps for the Venza on the West Coast?? They seem to be stock on the SE Toyota Venzas... We DO have MUD in the Seattle area!!!

Again - Thanks for representing Toyota for us in the forum.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,938
    This looks like a good place to pause and redirect the tire questions to Toyota Venza Tires. The tire posts from the last couple of days have been moved over there. There's plenty of material for a separate discussion and it'll be a good spot to post tire recommendations as new choices become available.
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 30
    If you get a response on the dog accessories let me know. I need the cage and the blanket . Right now I just bought a soft dog ben that closes with a zipper at Walmart works great. I have the mudgaurds from the factory.

Deepsouth in Alabama
    Deepsouth -
    Any PHOTOS of your Venza WITH Mudgaurds??
    I just can't seem to find anything on the web...
    I'll keep you in mind if I find any Venza specific "DOG" things.
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 30
    I will take some photos this weekend and show you Sunday. I want to wash it first :)
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,938
    If anyone needs a place to host your Venza photos, you can set up your CarSpace and upload them to the album there.
    Good Day all -
    I cross posted the same question at "prices paid" area...
    Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get their hands on a Venza AFTER special ordering one??
    I feel like I may be getting a wee bit of a run-around from my dealer here in Western Washington...

Oh, "deepsouth" looking forward to the photos of your CLEAN Venza !!
    Thanks
  • Not sure how differently the backlogs are in Canada

Ordered March 12; sales guy said the order was processed and built on April 7...so we're estimating sometime in May (total ~6-8 weeks)
  • irismgirismg Posts: 345
    Hi Sascha!

I'm keeping my eye on Venza, but it's too expensive for me. Any chance they could make a Venza Jr. that sells for no more than $20K on the midlevel model? I'm otherwise on the lookout for used and rental Venzas at a discount.

Thanks - great to have an actual Toyota person to talk to!
    You might not get a response, as you didn't reply to his/her post but posted a separate entry. That said, I never know when people respond to mine unless I get time to go back and look!
    You almost had the same Corolla as mine. I sat in a Venza at a car lot on a Sunday when the sales folk were gone, and it was nice. Reminded me of the Ford Edge in a lot of ways. I wonder if some Krazy Glue can help with the rattles if it's a problem. Anything's likely with these American-built Toyotas these days.

I've made a note of your experience because I am debating the pros and cons of going to a larger car. It must be quite an adjustment going from a 30mpg Corolla - at least mine got that when it was young - to an 18mpg Venza! I've been waiting for the push button start for a long time. Unfortunately, these cars are out of my price range in the new market and am hoping to snag a low mileage used one in the $21K range. I may have to get a "meantime" car while I wait, because with my arthritis I need a car that sits higher than my Corolla. Years ago hail beat the black trim of the windows, so Venza is BOUND to be quieter than what I'm driving now! We all have different tolerance levels for noise, though, so I understand your frustration. I hope they make it right for you.

BTW, you never mentioned the color? Thanks
  • LSP972LSP972 Posts: 20
    18mpg? Where did you get that figure?

Mine is averaging between 24-27; leaning toward the higer figure if I stay the hell out of Baton Rouge (larger city-horrible congestion).

Rotsa ruck on "snagging a low mileage used one". If other new owners are halfway as happy as I am, there won't be many used ones around, period, for quite some time.
  • qs933qs933 Posts: 302
    Any chance they could make a Venza Jr. that sells for no more than $20K on the midlevel model?

They already do -- that would be the Matrix. The mid-level S model is under $20K.

Used Venzas are going to be few and far between given how new ones seems to be trickling out the factory. I don't think Venzas are available to the fleet and rent-a-car channels.

Maybe when the 2010 models come out in the fall, you'll get lucky with a left-over 2009 model on clearance. As long as Toyota continues to keep supply low, though, I wouldn't count on it.
  • michael2003michael2003 Posts: 144
    :) I agree that the looks, ride, and general usefullnes of the Venza seems right on. I am very much hoping that this vehicle becomes a plug in hybrid. HINT! Do I wait for it or go for the Volt?
    Thank you for answering for the Toyota rep, but I don't fit well in a Matrix, Matrix looks nothing like Venza, and further it's not a Corolla wagon - Fielder is, and they don't sell that in the United States.

Also, I don't know if there will be rental units available, either, but in 1-2 years when the depreciation gets low enough, and if I haven't lost interest in it by then, maybe one will turn up in the used market that fits my needs.

Thank you, though, for trying to be helpful.
    That's great on the mileage, and thank you!