Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Toyota Venza Crossover

Comments

• qs933qs933 Posts: 302
    Thank you for answering for the Toyota rep...

Sorry, I wasn't aware that this turned into a private forum for Toyota to answer questions.

Good luck on your search. You may also want to look at the Nissan Murano; I've already seen off-rental 2009 S AWD models dip below $20K. I'm hoping the Venza will hold its value better.
  • goosegoose Posts: 77
    I test drove a 4 cyl yesterday. The ride was quiet, well mannered. Not only was road noise under control but load traffic noise was kept out. I hopped into the back seat. It was comfortable. I reclined the back seat and paid attention to the leg room. It was a little awkward getting out of the back seat. The dash and instrument cluster looked good and the buttons had a good feel to them. The engine was fine. I don't expect it to pull a trailer. However it still felt more than adequate with two adults with AC running. I'm sure it will do fine with four adults and AC running. The ability to carry items looked good. The back seat went 95 percent flat. It basically looked flat and the cargo capacity was big.
    The only complaint is interior color. The current colors easily show dirt and shoe scoffs. I would seriously consider the car if it came with a black interior. My current ride is a 2008 Civic Coupe and its very noisy compared to the Venza. I also test drove most of the current Acura products last weekend. The Venza was much quieter than those products except for the MDX. The MDX and Venza were about the same noise wise. Of course the Venza is approximately $10K less.
  • "I reclined the back seat and paid attention to the leg room. It was a little awkward getting out of the back seat." I did not find it to be awkward. I find the leg and head space to be sufficient. Did you recline the seat back to the original position?
  • qs933qs933 Posts: 302
    The only complaint is interior color. The current colors easily show dirt and shoe scoffs. I would seriously consider the car if it came with a black interior.

At our local auto show a couple weeks ago, I noticed a lot of vehicles with all black interiors. It was across both ends of the spectrum -- compacts to luxury cars.

Personally, I like the contrasting light and dark interior of the Venza, especially the black carpet that matches the dash. I do agree, though -- the light colored surface is going to be fun to keep clean. This is my first car with leather, so I'll need to research what's recommended for leather care soon.
  • sns1sns1 Posts: 4
    I went to the dealership March 16 (in Missouri), it took two tries (3 weeks) to get the order/request through. My Venza is scheduled to be built the week of May 4 and it will be 2-3 weeks later before it arrives at the dealership...oh the torture to wait so long (but it will be worth getting exactly what I wanted).
    Hope that helps, Good luck! :)
  • david_k1david_k1 Posts: 39
    Thanks for the info...
    I suppose I'll have to push a little more on the dealer to get our venza closer to the "build" stage...
    Best
  • i keep reading about some of you guys ordering your venza, please tell me how well did you do on your deal? i thought it wound be tuff to get a good deal ordering it? any help with this before i start my search for my venza.
  • lal_cltlal_clt Posts: 27
    I ordered my FWD V6 Venza and got about $3500 of MSRP. I'm also elegible for any incentives that come out when the car is delivered. It helped that I shopped around and talked to Fitzmall and Carmax so I was able to bring those prices to the table. Just got a note from my dealer that the car I ordered on March 13th will be built in early May and should arrive about the 3rd week of May. Yea!
  • DAGHVACDAGHVAC Posts: 18
    it is called a matrix
  • david_k1david_k1 Posts: 39
    I started with figuring out the car of our dreams and then used this site (Edmonds) and this site: http://www.carbuyingtips.com/ to help me come up with a true INVOICE price. I drove a few Venzas in the meantime trying to figure out which powertrain we wanted and then went and talked/negotiated with the dealer for price.
    This is the post (#170) from the "prices paid" I made a few weeks ago:
    "In the works soon...
    A RED with grey leather, FWD V6, Premium #2, Pano Roof, JBL Audio, Mats and Bumper protector for $32,400.
    From a very nice Kitsap County, WA dealer.
    Now the wait!!
    THIS will be the tough part.."
    My thought (flawed??) is that a dealer would LOVE to SELL a car, on the lot or not AND if the car never sits on the lot, they never pay Toyota to "rent" it in the interim - sounds like profit to me...
    Best of luck to you...
  • rob20895rob20895 Posts: 3
    We just placed the following order,
    4cyl, FWD plus,
    JBL Premium Audio (EJ)
    Convenience Package (CQ)
    Security Package (SA)
    Floor/Cargo Mats

Price was $26,500, plus $100 dealer fee, plus TTL

We were happy with this price especially for a built to order vehicle, although I am sure you can do better. We live in MD and so the Fitzmall prices set the mark in this area. Of course that means you get a good price but it also sets a floor for the price in this area, it is hard work to do much better. In the end the comparison to Fitzmall was $26127 for the same car without the Security package and Edmunds lists the Security package at $460 invoice and $570 MSRP. That puts us just above invoice on a built to order car, so we got a reasonable price and the car we wanted and the dealer gets their holdback plus a few bucks. Of course now we just have to wait!
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,984
    Please check out the Toyota Venza Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion for pricing talk.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• sns1sns1 Posts: 4
    The dealer in Missouri that I am working with pulled up the Edmunds TMV tool, looked what the TMV price was and said he would match it. It is above invoice, but about $2000 below MSRP. It may not be the best deal since I did not take a Venza off the lot, but I am happy with it. He also said that if any incentives came out while I was waiting to take delivery of the car, I would be eligible to take advantage of them. Same with my trade in, I am trading an 07' Camry Hybrid in, and he said if gas prices jump before the car is delivered and the value increases they will give me more on the trade too (the based the trade on Kelly Blue Book). Hope that helps! :)
  • irismgirismg Posts: 345
    Sorry, but nobody, at least I myself, didn't say anything about a private discussion, but I was addressing someone else with my question, that's why I replied rather than posted a separate entry. No harm done in either case. Maybe one of these days I'll figure out how these forums are supposed to work!

To your other comment, I consider the Murano very ugly. Actually, these days I'm more interested in the Hyundai Elantra Touring wagon/hatchback/whatever. It's very nice looking, outside of the awful color choices, and I hope to actually sit in one soon to see whether it sits too low for me or not.

Thanks for the advice, though.
  • alman08alman08 Posts: 282
    so it's a toyota version of the ford edge / lincoln mkx... just a better one, that's all
  • md_outbackmd_outback Posts: 185
    Hey Venza Owners,
    I just completed a 30 minute test drive in a V6-AWD Venza and was quite impressed. I think my only concern is with driver seat comfort: It wasn't bad but it almost seemed like the seat cushion padding was kind of thin. I'm pretty slim myself without much "built-in" butt padding, so I would like to hear of your experiences when taking long trips - does the seat remain comfortable after a couple hours of driving? Thanks in advance for your replies.

MD
  • Already made five 4 hours long trip from Washington DC to Virginia beach and back without discomfort. If you adjust the seats ergonomically like the height, the back, distance to the steering wheel and lumbar support, you should be fine.
  • linersliners Posts: 19
    I have 6,200 miles on my V-6 AWD with leater. Took one 1500 mile trip was really comfortable and still is. I only wish that it a/c seats like my wife's Avalon. I'm 6' 1" and 215.
  • And when it comes to trips, the front-wheel-drive Venza V6 is rated at 19 mpg city/26 mpg highway, which compares to the rear-wheel-drive Highlander V6's 18 mpg city/24 mpg highway.

I didn't know Toyota made a RWD Highlander.
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 30
    Hey MD outback
    Are you use to driving a Caddie. There is nothing wrong with the cushion seating on the Venza. It is very comfortable and just as good as my wifers 06 Avalon Just returned from a 500 mile trip to the Florida Beaches and it was great .I have leather seating. Maybe it was the way you had the seats adjusted. I like mine to sit kind of low and back some. Try it again