Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Venza Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,708
What did you pay for your Venza?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• Toyota should have big discounts considering their quality issues surrounding the Camry V6 and the dismal auto sales/economy.
  • You think there are going to be big discounts on the Venza as a new model? You are a true optimist among car shoppers. :)

Personally, I would say I need to be darn close, or under invoice in order to bite on one of these - provided it meets the needs we have for space and comfort. Those are unknowns because I haven't sat in, or driven one yet.
  • Normally, I would agree that there would be no discounting on new models but Toyota sales are down from last year by double digits, unemployment is at 16 year high. I don't see lines forming to buy any new models.
  • I sure hope you are right when I go to turn in my Highlander next spring. I will seriously go recently used if I can't get a REALLY sharp price on a vehicle like this.
  • My wife and I purchased our Venza tonight. Blizzard White with Prem 2 for $36K. Great buying experience at James Toyota in NJ.
  • bbarrymd. Is that about 2k off msrp? You purchased rather than leased?
  • From Toyota's site, you cannot buy a base Venza V6. To get the V6, Toyota requires you to also purchase one of three option packages which start at $4050.00. Does Toyota really want to sell the V6 version?
  • Price: not knowing exact options/accessories $36k looks like MSRP. If this is true, how much negotiating happened? With this economy, both dealers and auto mfg's are over a barrel. Sales are down double digits even for Toyota and Honda. Dealers are going bankrupt. Honda just pulled out of Formula One Racing due to auto sales. I think a a below MSRP deal is possible even with a new car like the Venza. Besides, there many other cars in the $36k range.
  • It is approximately $2,200 off of MSRP. It is model number 2822 + LX, PC, NV, & SR. Unfortunately Toyota doesnt have any lease programs on the Venza's so the money factor converts to an interest rate of about 6.9%. While my intent was not to buy, I figured with a 5.1% loan and as long as the down payment is doable, I decided to buy instead. We also get the 1/4 point deduction coming off of a current Toyota Financial loan (encore ?)

It is a tough decision on paper, you can get a Highlander that MSRP's for 5K more for the same "price" since they are being discounted. However, the two vehicles drive and handle so differently and we couldnt go back to the Highlander once we drove the Venza. Now we wait for delivery....
  • wstevecwstevec Posts: 126
    Hi Folks, can someone tell me which is Model code # 2822? I am assuming that it is the V6 AWD. Thanks.
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Posts: 167
    "Unfortunately Toyota doesnt have any lease programs on the Venza's so the money factor converts to an interest rate of about 6.9%."

Could you please explain what you meant by the above sentence while Toyota has an option on their Venza website for leases? Thanks.
  • Not sure what these are :model number 2822 + LX, PC, NV, & SR.
    V6 AWD + DVD Nav + Package #2 = $36,905 MSRP.

Does it include Rear Entertainment or Panoramic Glass Roof?
  • So I will do my best to answer these questions but I can only base off my order form. I believe model 2822 translates into V6 and AWD. LX is the name of the Premium package #2, PC is the pearl paint, NV, is nav, and SR is the panoramic roof.

Regarding my comment on no lease programs, by that I meant there are no special subsidized lease programs like there are on other Toyotas so the money factor is much higher than others (normal rates).
  • macpromacpro Posts: 52
    My wife and I purchased a Venza earlier tonight. We bought a V6 AWD Magnetic Gray Metallic fully loaded minus the rear entertainment center. The MSRP was $38,444 and we paid $35,288 (plus title and registration. no tax paid, since we had a trade).

Only had it for an evening, but will write a review over the weekend. We really love it!
  • Where did you purchase the AWD model? We are in Northern California. They say they won't have an AWD model out here until mid-January.
  • macpromacpro Posts: 52
    We purchased it from CarMax in Kenosha, WI They are an authorized Toyota dealership. After going to just about every other Toyota dealership and only getting about $500.00 - $1,000 off MSRP, someone suggested going there. They have one price, so there is no negotiating, which in this case, worked out well since they were $3,100 under MSRP.

We know if we waited a couple months we could have done better, but we needed a car for the winter and the Venza is everything we were looking for - AWD, Toyota quality, in the mid 30's, nice interior and exterior (in our opinion).
    Congrats! Getting more the $3000 off a new model is doing very well. So much for those who felf that Toyota would stick close to MSRP when Venza first became availble. With the lots full of other new Toyotas, I am sure many dealers will be more realistic on the selling price. FYI: I also heard that the docks are overflowing with new Toyotas as well, so if anyone is looking for something else from Toyota which is built in Japan such as a Rav 4, there may be some deep discounts on them over the next few months. Right now I am on the fence between a 2009 Rav4 V6 4wd Sport (no ugly spare tire on the back) and the Venza V6 AWD. If I can get more than $3000 off MSRP, I may go with the Venza.
  • I'm in the same boat as you. Rav4 Sport or the Venza.

We are interested in the AWD though and have heard from one Bay Area dealer that the his allocation of AWD isn't going to get here until January.

Wondering if they are allocating the AWD models to areas with winters that really need it. Any insight from someone more knowledgable?

If we saw an AWD model here that would likely be the difference for us.
    I would assume that AWD models most likely would be headed to the northeast. I notice when I am down Florida in the winter that very few of the cars like Audis and BMWs have AWD, so I assume the true hold for most of California as well.
    Unless Toyota is offering some crazy deal on the Rav 4 Sport, I most likely would go with the Venza with all other things being relatively equal since I prefer the Venza's AWD, 6 speed transmission, and spare tire over the Rav 4's 4wd, 5 speed transmission, and run flat tires (that is why there is no ugly spare tire attached to the back of the Rav 4 Sport).