Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Venza Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• yurkoyurko Posts: 24
    I love the Barcelona Red part.

Frankly, since the Venza did not even arrive in dealer showrooms until quite late, I'm surprised Toyota didn't make it a 2010 model from the get-go. Most other cars coming out that late are classified as 2010's. This isn't a big deal, except that it affects future resale value. A 2010 will be worth more than a 2009.
  • raysfanraysfan Posts: 13
    Thanks - I am trying to maintain my humor through what has been a major disappointment and one heck of a pain in the butt. You would think with the way the economy has been and car sales being down that dealers would be kissing our feet for even considering a purchase but that does not seem to be the case. Instead of being upfront and honest with me and telling me that a Venza with the colors and options I want won't be available until late August I was fed one lie after the other. The good thing is I have a lot more info for negotiating my deal next time around and I am hoping to save another $500-700.

I just read the 2010's are due out in October so unless the Senate approves more $$ for the CARS program I just may wait. There have been some issues with the 09's from what I have read on various forums including transmission jerkiness, warping dashboards, etc. This can be expected with a first year model. You also have to take into consideration that some people join forums like this to find out if others are experiencing similar problems so the info is somewhat skewed.

I agree that the 2010 models would be worth more but also may cost more - we'll see. I am still hoping to get the $4500 for my 1997 Ford Exploder and drive away in a Tropical Sea Metallic Venza be it an '09 or '10.
  • yurkoyurko Posts: 24
    I empathize with you. I can't understand new car dealers, either. When times are good, they don't need you because there's always a sucker willing to play their game. When times are tough, they still treat you with contempt.

Have you thought of trying another dealer? I see you live in the Tampa area. I have heard good things about Earl Stewart Toyota in North Palm Beach, although I have not had any personal dealings with them. We're not supposed to list contact info here, but their website is like their name. If you can't get satisfaction in the Tampa Bay area, you might consider them.

I'm in SW Florida. The 3 Toyota dealers in this area (in Punta Gorda, Ft. Myers, Naples) all love to pile on high profit dealer-installed stuff that nobody wants or needs. Not to mention marking up the MSRP's with ridiculous "Market Pricing Adjustments". Toyota makes great products but needs to instill a little of the Lexus "customer service" mentality in the Toyota dealerships.

If you find another good -- and fair -- Toyota dealer in central or south Florida, please let me know.
  • robfilerobfile Posts: 9
    Hi,

I had the same problem trying to get my Venza with the options and color I wanted. In the Chicago area, dealers are only interested in selling what is on their lot and not going through the trouble of locating a car for you.

I started calling dealers around Chicago telling them what options & color I wanted and the price I was going to pay. I had financing together but mentioned that if they could beat my credit union I would opt for their financing. At least 90% of them told me the car wasn't available or I'd have to order the car in the configuration that I wanted (4-6 week wait). However one dealer was able to locate a Venza and I purchased the car last Friday (I had a clunker too).

What I learned is that most dealers will tell you they can't find the car you're looking for. This is because they don't have a comparable car to trade off or a good relationship with the dealer that has the car you want.

I hope this helps you find the blue Venza you want, it took me more legwork then I expected but I did get my Venza and in my case $3500 for my clunker.

Good Luck! :D
  • raysfanraysfan Posts: 13
    I finally got fed up with the run around I was getting. The final straw for me was seeing a white Venza in the on-line inventory for this dealer with the same VIN as the Tropical Sea Metallic Venza with the same options the sales rep e-mailed me. I called Toyota's Customer Service and explained my situation. The dealer's customer satisfaction dept called me today to tell me the Venza I want will be built on 8/12 and will be at the dealer by the end of the month. The other day the sales mgr told me the VIN would be available on 8/12, the date it was to ship. Again two stories, which is true?

Now I get the fun of dealing with the salesman again. Since I have no deposit or contract unless they give me a better deal than I negotiated before I will just walk away and move on.
  • My wife got a Venza Today
    MSRP 34318.00
    Bought for 31708.00
    Muller Toyota in NJ
    I had a work van that I used for a Clunker and got another 4500.00 off
    This is our first Toyota I have been a Ford person all my life
  • wpeasewpease Posts: 6
    how much over inovice was it?
    And where is Muller toyota
    ?

I was at Autoland and someone i was with asked ot see the invoice and said that it was the law that the buyer get to see it. The salespeople were not willing...

Any info on that?

thanks
    W.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    "I was at Autoland and someone i was with asked ot see the invoice and said that it was the law that the buyer get to see it. The salespeople were not willing..."

haha thats waaay too funny.
  • How does she like the Venza?
    I know prices vary from dealer to dealer but I also found that trade-in prces can vary too. I don't know if I got the best deal I could on my Venza but I feel I got a very good trade-in price on my car. The other dealership I went to came in almost $1,000 lower so I took that into consideration.
  • Got one to, just curious about if you got a 4 or 6 cyl. and the type of options you got. Mine is a 4 cyl. with leather, auto start, JBL 13 speaker audio, blue tooth phone, auto tailgate. Love it, the ride is great on the 19's, haven't met anyone that doesn't like the styling,mileage is great for such a large vehicle. My first Toyota as well. Also got $4,500 from the clunkers program. Thanks Pres!
  • My wife's is a 6 cyl AWD
    I think it was 1000 over invoice
    They would not go any lower
    Muller is in Clinton NJ
    I went to Autoland they would not give any discounts off MSRP
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    I am glad that I have plenty of time to get my Venza..or not....I was looking at FitZ Automall (they always ahve the best prices specially internet) and to my surprise they are asking sticker as a regular price and $400 off in internet....and they have only 4 V6 AWD nicely equipped (did not check other models)....this C4C has really had an effect on those of us that do not go with the program..good luck to those with C4C program enjoy it..but for those of us with no clunker...we have to wait, the discounts are almost non existance..at least in NJ from what I hear in other forums..good luck to all
  • mmccloskeymmccloskey Posts: 168
    Greetings:

I also have noticed the discounts at CarMax (they sell new Toyotas) have seriously declined since C4C. Before C4C, they had 40 or so Venza's with an average discount of 10% off msrp. Now they only have a few left (in Laurel MD) and they are only discounting about 2-3% off msrp. My vehicles are too new (2007's) and worth far more than the 3500-4500 govt. incentive so I could not take advantage of that. I hear the program is being phased out very soon and many dealers have yet to receive their $ from the govt.

M. J. McCloskey
  • got ours for $300 over invoice @ bell road toyota in phoenix, az. no trade-in, and no clunker -- all in all i think we did ok considering the C.A.R.S madness that was going on as we purchased.
  • mervasmervas Posts: 8
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a 2009 Venza FWD 4 cylinder base in NY Long Island. Best quote I got so far was from a dealer in MA (160 miles away), approx 24300 . Is it too much? I want to finance for 60 MO. Any suggestions would help..Thanks
  • I think that price is pretty good but I take it there are no extras included, as basic as basic can get.
  • mervasmervas Posts: 8
    I'm looking for a basic one as Venza has a lot of features that come standard comparing to other brands. I hope I'll find a good deal somewhere this weekend as it is the end of the month and C4C ended...
  • surrfurtomsurrfurtom Posts: 124
    So Henry did you buy your Venza? You have to examine discounts obtained by others and compare to your budget and desired options and car.
  • I am the proud new owner of a 4cyl/fwd Venza w/convenience and JBL packages. Great deal in my opinion, esp. since I could NOT find this car ANYWHERE. I am a New Yorker, went up there to look and found that they aren't even offering 4cyl models with any upgrades. I was glad I went back to PA. I traded my 05 Murano (first owner) that broke down in the middle of the street last week due to factory recall issue. Got it fixed and drove it to the dealer! Now I need to go to the Nissan site to discuss why Nissan is NO Datsun. Never again. This is my second Toyota. My 12-yo Corolla is in the garage humming like a kitten. I think I am a true fan.
  • I waited 6 weeks for my 4cy/fwd to come in with a moon roof, leather, and security camera that was in "A" status. I really wanted the JBL but actually the standard system isn't as bad as I thought.
    Going from a Camry XLE to this is a bit different but overall we are enjoying the change. I was Toyota builds certain lots of 4cy/6cy/FWD/AWD at certain times and thats probably why you had a hard time finding what you wanted.