Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Venza Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    If someone else offers them more $ they will sell it.
  • roho1roho1 Posts: 317
    I found out signed paper work means nothing to dealers.

I had a signed deal at a GM dealer on Friday with the car promised to ready on Monday. The salesman calls me on Saturday and says his Gen Mgr gave the car to another dealer in a swap he had promised. I went back to the dealer to make sure they shreaded all my personal info I gave them and to give them a piece of my mind. They all just shrugged their shoulders -tough sh*t. It was incredible. They asked If i wanted to see if they find another car in a swap for me. I told them to go ahead and they found one. They said they would have it in 3 days. I called them back in 2 days and said I just bought a Toyota so forget your car. I'll never go back to GM dealer again.
  • fhillsfhills Posts: 1
    I have an offer for 2010 Venza V6 FWD in Chicago region with below options.
    Is it the best deal to find?
    Edmunds MSRP - $33,350
    Edmunds Invoice - $ 29, 610
    Dealer offer - $ 29,995+doc fee $175 (they are firm)
    Options included-
    Comfort pkg,
    Convenience pkg,
    Security pkg,
    Panoramic roof pkg
    Tow prep pkg
    color - Metallic Grey
  • My wife and I are looking to buy a new Venza (09 or 2010 doesn't matter) on May 1st. We are saving and are going to pay cash. We have a trade-in, 99 Isuzu Rodeo-kbb = ~2,000. I want to offer 20k and my trade-in for a base model Venza with keyless entry and the moon roof. Does anyone have any experience with using "cash" and a "trade-in" to get a better deal similar to this? Thx for reading my post.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Posts: 702
    Just shop for best OTD when you are ready to buy. If you tell the salesperson that you will buy in May they will lose intrest in you REAL fast.
  • mlinenbmlinenb Posts: 10
    sell the isuzu through private party sale versus trade in. if you want to trade it in- try carmax for a low end price (if one is close by)- they will buy it- whether you buy a car from them or not. as others has said- trade ins confuse the issue- get your lowest OTD price- and then discuss trade in from there.
  • Ijust purchased a new 2010 Venza 4cyl AWD.
    Sticker was $28825 including the Destination charge. I paid $25475 with all the dealer fees but not including sales tax, title and registration.

From what I have been reading it looks like I got a very good deal.

Any thoughts?
  • In reference to alan226, I have emailed a dealer in SC, he says he can sell me a venza for 23,999 and that doesn't include my trade in. I am hoping to get him down to 20k with my trade. I guess it all depends on how much it matters when buying with cash in hand.

BTW: What does OTD mean?
  • Is $23999 for an AWD? I was basically offered that price ($23999) for the for the Front Wheel Drive model from a local dealer.

$23999 for the All Wheel Drive model is a steal
  • mlinenbmlinenb Posts: 10
    OTD = out the door (as in negotiate your best/lowest OTD pricing)
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    HI,we have finally decided that between the Mazda CX9 and the Venza we like the Venza much better...in my opinion better workmanship and materials in the inside, seats feel more confortable etc..Mazda CX9 is a great looking vehicle, but when compare to the Venza we think Toyota did better...just my 2 cents...yesterday I took my wife to the Phila auto show and she dicided on the Venza,the only question I have is as to how high the driver seat will move, she is 5 feet tall and the Venza on the floor had no power at all....oh.. she refuses to go to the dealership until the day that we pick up the vehicle (we had some bad experiences in the past)..so anyone with a short wife let me know confortable id the driver seat hight...thank you all...
  • I am also interested in a Venza in the Chicagoland area. What dealer did you get your car from?
  • I have gotten 2 quotes on a 2010 Venza- one 4 cyl AWD base model ($28850) and a Leather/sunroof/security package ($33030)

Leases 36 months nothing down except first payment

$329/mo and $365/month-

How do these sound?
    Thanks in advance!
  • housethouset Posts: 36
    Right now, it looks like you can get a Venza for about 1-2% above invoice, which is right on the cusp of the highest i would pay for the vehicle. But my thinking with all the negative press about Toyota, it is certainly going to drive down consumer sentiment which will drive down sales. I think Toyota is almost going to have to offer incentives to bring back the customer, either in the form of longer Warranties, rebates or low financing.. Anybody else think this is probably the case.

PS. i went out to Buyatoyota.com and did an inventory search in my area, and there are as many 2009's out there as there are 2010. I don't know if every area is the same, i was just suprised to see that we are in February with that many 2009 vehicles on the lots yet.
  • I'm new to the forums and I have a question about buying a New 2010 Venza

4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
    Options are: MSRP
    Premium Package #2 $4,345
    JBL Premium Audio $1,090
    Destination $ 750
    Total $35,735

Now I was told by a friend that I am not suppose to pay Dealer Prep Fees, Ad Fees since I am not responsilbe for the them to sell cost effective ads, and floorplans and Holdback fees, and that I should get the car for at least close to 31,000 or 32,000, and just to make sure that I ask to see the Factory Invoice on the car to haggle right?

Is that true? PLEASE HELP :confuse:
  • The advertising fee is generally referred to as TDA. What the dealer will show you as their invoice is Online Invoice cost (Edmunds, KBB, NADA) + TDA. So you will be dealing with 2 different invoice costs.

Every Toyota dealer that I went to said Edmunds, KBB, NADA invoice was not accurate. Their invoice are the "REAL" cost. Of course, they still have 2% holdback + 1% financial reserve.

Depending on how desparate the dealer wants to move the car, the sales manager can decide to tap into the funds if necessary. As far as Venza goes, there's not enough car on the lot to make less money. But knowing how bad the situation at Toyota is right now, I am not certain if the dealers are trying to cash in on the limited cars they can sell on the lot or go all out to keep customers with Toyota vehicles.

FYI, the best deal I can negotiate down to before 2009 tax incentive was online invoice (Edmunds, KBB, NADA) + TTL. Basically, waiving the TDA + $9.84 gas.
    Took delivery of my white pearl Venza V6 FWD on 12/31/09.
  • That sounds great to me. Best I can do on base model with moonroof is 2K down and 325/month in WA. Can you tell me which dealer you're working with?

Thanks!!
  • stperic66stperic66 Posts: 4
    edited February 2010
    I would appreciate if you can confirm that the Venza at 23,999 is AWD. If yes, dealer/location?
  • kyrptokyrpto Posts: 216
    edited February 2010
    Just bought a silver front wheel drive Venza in Roanoke, Va.
    $27,500 sticker $25,500 {w/doc fee} purchase. No options but even the "base" has 19" dubs, one touch windows, dual climate control, cool iPod dock, SAT radio, and an 8 way power driver's seat.
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    I am surprised that nobody is posting in this section about buyibg experiences...is it possible that sales have fallen so far and so deep??????