Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Venza Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Sounds like a great deal. Congrats.

PSP
  • free2runfree2run Posts: 6
    Thanks, I thought so too! :)
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 30
    Where do you live David? I ordered mine Feb 20 got it march 5th.
    V6 FWD,Pack2,Nav,Sunroof,Tow prep pack,Mudgaurds,mats,Toyo gaurd plus, extra tint on windows. It seems everyone is having to wait longer than I did. Maybe thats because more are having to be ordered. I called the Customer servive center in Deerfield Beach fl and they tracked my venza from start to finish and they even called me to let me know the truck was on its way to the dealer. Now thats customer service. If you dont live in the south then you may have to call the CS in your region.I found the phone number on line. I can give it to you if you like??
  • david_k1david_k1 Posts: 39
    Deepsouth, thanks for your message.

I am in the GREAT Pacific NW (near Seattle), we MIGHT hit 70 today!!
    As per your suggestion, I called the National Toyota Service folks and found out the a July delivery is not out of line... Dealers are allocated just so many cars AND production has been slowed because of the economy. My order has to fit in the dealers allocation and they are a rather smallish dealership
    Did they Build your Venza for you or did they find one in the area?? BTW , what you have is the same as I have ordered except I opted for NO Nav...
    A suppose we will wait, not patiently though!! I'll keep our old volvo running for a couple more months!!
    Looking forward to seeing your photos WITH the mudguards tomorrow!!
  • David - I ordered a Venza V6/AWD Touring with Nav (canadian option) similar to deepsouth on Feb 6, and my salesman in Vancouver BC tells me that it was built on April 7th with delivery approx 4 weeks. They gotta get it into Canada I guess. That is about 3 months. He also says except for a couple of base options that all his allocation of Venzas being delivered for the next three weeks are sold.
    You may not be aware that all Canadian Venzas are already equipped with extras such as mud flaps, bumper protector, Michelin all seasons, and tow package (not hitch). You may care to check out the toyota.ca website for the electronic brochure which has pictures and comparative specs, including views of Venzas with the mud flaps etc.
    Cheers - Michael
  • david_k1david_k1 Posts: 39
    Thanks Michael -
    I looked at the Canadian site at your suggestion - Looks like about 1/2 of the photos have the mudflaps on them. I found them via a Texan Toyota parts dealer. Here is the link for anybody looking: http://www.trdparts4u.com/MC-DDHB-DA.aspx

It looks as though my wait time is not too unreasonable after talking to Toyota USA and hearing how the system works re: dealer allocations and such. We are just growing a little impatient here!! Enjoy your new Venza and thanks for the information.

David
  • Your are fortunate in that the US dealerships show there new inventory online so if you wanted your ride in a hurry, you could scan the dealers across your nearest states and likely find what you could live with. I haven't found a Toyota dealer in Canada that shows any new cars online.
    My ride is on the way so I can be just a little more patient.
    Cheers. Michael
    Hi David Yes I had the dealer order one for me with everything I wanted including the color Golden Umber Mica, I was in seattle about 2 years ago for a few days and loved it there. Im In L.A. ( Lower Alabama ) . Big City of Phenix City Al.Next to Ft Benning Ga. Home of the largest Army base,
  • halwickhalwick Posts: 45
    Atlantabenny,
    I live in Los Angeles, California and bought a 4-cylinder Venza before the the sales tax and DMV increased. The 4-cylinder Venzas at that time were in short supply (having just came out) and equipped as standard, except for the additional carpet package option. I bought the Venza through a auto broker at my credit union and paid $25,600 before TTL. Note this was a no-haggle price. Autoclub, Costco and Longo Toyota (largest So Cal Toyota dealership) fleet sales/internet sales quoted approxmately the same prices, so I felt it was a fair and reasonable price, given the newness of the vehicle and short supply of that particular model. By September, there should be more supply and prices lower. Good luck.

Halwick
  • Appreciate the info, Halwick. Yes, it appears that short supply is keeping prices steady at intro levels. A major Toyota dealer here in Atlanta has but one or two 4-cyl units available.

Digressing from the price aspect, the Venza's "optimized car" (Toyota's term) trend seems to be gaining. After Honda, BMW released what looks like its own interpretation of the "optimized car." http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/autoshows/geneva/2009/bmw5seriesgtliftbackprev- - - - iewnews.html#bmw5seriesgt2

The idea makes a lot of sense - low center of gravity for stability, high sitting position for visibility, abundant passenger and cargo room, and the style power of a sedan. With a little less curb weight and hybrid-level fuel economy, I'd keep a car with those attributes for a long time. For now, the Venza is the best candidate. Thanks for the price feedback again.
  • Those bmw photos make the Pontiac Aztec look years ahead of its time :D

• And the Aztec had better rims too...
  • sns1sns1 Posts: 4
    I went to the dealership March 16 (in Missouri), it took two tries (3 weeks) to get the order/request through. My Venza is scheduled to be built the week of May 4 and it will be 2-3 weeks later before it arrives at the dealership...oh the torture to wait so long (but it will be worth getting exactly what I wanted).
    Hope that helps, Good luck! :)
  • cadd1122cadd1122 Posts: 1
    Just bought the 09 Venza in Aloe Green w/ Navi, Sun/Moon roofs, Bluetooth, Leather and more. MSRP $37.7K and I paid $32.8K. Beautiful. I couldn't be happier. I drove from Houston to San Antonio for this deal and Red McCombs Toyota was impeccable and professional. Anyone in Texas who can make the drive should at least contact them - ask for Mario Addari and tell him cadd sent you! :shades: :)
  • Have struck a deal with a dealer in MD for 2009 Venza AWD/Blizzard Pearl/Ivory Interior with the following packages:
    (FE ) 50 STATE EMISSIONS
    (PC ) SPECIAL PAINT
    (LX ) PREMIUM PKG #2
    (SR ) PANORAMIC ROOF
    (NV ) NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    (CF ) CARPETED FLOOR/TRUNK MATS (PPO)

MSRP:$38467.00
    Selling Price: $33678.35 +Tax and Tags
    Out The Door: $34,846.45
    I would try and get them a little lower if they won't ask another dealer . If no luck Buy!!! Mine was $38111 and paid $33500. where do you live?
  • VA. Never bothered to check with any of the VA dealers since I refuse to pay the $349 ~ $399 processing fees...
  • md_outbackmd_outback Posts: 185
    Hey sealbeach_la,
    I think that's a great price! Which dealer in MD? Thanks.
  • zama07zama07 Posts: 3
    $32.1 out the door (TTL included) w/ SA, CQ, PC, LC and CF options at Champion Toyota in Houston. Not sure how much of a deal I got.
    check the invoice price of yours at NADA.com Just check off what options you have on your Venza. I'd say if you bought it less than $1000 over invoice you did allright. More than that you should have talked more or at least get a couple of dealers to do a price war for you. What was the sticker price?
    What are w/ SA, CQ, PC, LC and CF options ????
    I had Consumer Reports invoice listing as well as Edmund's listing. Basically they were the same (invoice and msrp). The MSRP was $ 32.9 I paid 30.0 for everything. TTL brought it to 32.1

The CQ = convenience package (smart start); LS = leather, heated seats; SA = security alarm and back-up camera; CF = carpets. PC = paint upgrade (blizzard pearl (white)). I also ordered body side mouldings and mud flaps.

I had quotes from 2 other dealers. One I was interested in. Went to look at it and it was sold. They had one other on their lot but I wasn't interested in it. They were getting ready to get one from out of state but figured they wouldn't be prone to deal as much. The other dealer had almost the same offer as the one I bought. Did not know what his stock was like. Never went to his lot to look.

Overall, I feel the Venza is in short supply - probably to keep the price high. I probably paid more than I should have.
    I know when Im excited its hard to keep shopping around because I wanted the Venza so bad. I ordered Feb 20 got it March 5th. Where do you live Im in Alabama. When you get yours send me a picture of it I want to see the body side molding I want to add that soon.I do have the MudGaurds,
    It sure was nice riding today with the sunroof open The temps here is 77. Great riding to the beach weather :shades:
  • halwickhalwick Posts: 45
    I already have the car. Wondering if it's possible to get the the mudguards and the body side molding afterwards and have them installed. How much are they? Are the mudguards the same color as the car or black? Can you post pictures?

Thanks,
    Hal.
    I don't have the paperwork in front of me but I seem to remember the mud guards were about 150 and the body side moulding were 450+. Will confirm. The mud guards should be an easy install as I was told they were a 2 screw set-up. I was having the dealer handle everything - especially the body side moulding. The above were MSRP prices and were negotiable at the table. Not sure what they run thru the parts / service department.

Will post pictures once I take delivery (tonight ?) of the vehicle.
  • briantanbriantan Posts: 1
    Just bought my new Venza yesterday 4-26. The sticker was 35195.00 I paid 31.965.00 plus TTL. Dealer was Sun Toyota in New Port Richey, FL. Very good experience. It included the floor mats.
  • jl4carjl4car Posts: 3
    SF Bay Area

2009 FWD 6 cyl Magnetic Gray Metallic
    EJ JBL Premium Audio
    CQ Convenience Package
    SA Security Package
    floor mats
    MSRP $31319
    Sale Price $28000 plus TTL
  • md_outbackmd_outback Posts: 185
    After looking at about ten different makes & models, I just bought a Venza V6-AWD with:
    Premium Pkg #2 (LX)
    Navigation w/JBL Synthesis (NV)
    Panoramic Roof (SR)
    Floor/Cargo Mats (CF)
    Remote Engine Start (V4)
    MSRP was $38,753, I paid $34,118 plus TTL. Went through the Internet managers of several dealers and really didn't need to negotiate much at all - they had similar pricing so I just went with the dealer that had my color and options in stock, and was reasonably close to home. I have the advantage of living in the DC / Baltimore area that has both Fitzmall and CarMax facilities nearby, so many Toyota dealers are deeply discounting to stay competitive. Bought it from Koon's Toyota in Annapolis, MD. The vehicles I had considered are: 2010 Lexus RX350, Audi A4-Avant and Q5, Nissan Murano LE, Infiniti FX35, Acura MDX, BMW 328xi SportWagon, Volvo XC60 and XC70. Venza won out in the end as it was the best overall value and the premium makes just weren't that much better (if at all) than the Venza. I'll post my test drive experiences and comparisons over on the main "2009 Toyota Venza Crossover" forum.
  • heatjayheatjay Posts: 2
    No options. I4 FWD. 24,600 before tax+fees.
  • lampmanlampman Posts: 1
    MY venza was 34,975 bought it for 31,450 including dealer fee for paperwork plus TTR Georgia 4 cyl FWD Golden Umber MIca, Nav, pack 2 , panoramic roof .