Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Venza Lease Questions

Comments

• dechodecho Posts: 16
    Just for your info. NY (upstate area) 4 cyl..AWD, roof rack, couple of other silly things dealer installed...brought msrp to 29390..
    out of pocket Tax, 650 acquisition fee,doc fee...all approx 1800.00...monthly payment=290.00...so you should be able to do better..AWD is the way to go..especially after the winter you guys had down there!...
    I will say that there is NO WAY you can get a comporable vehicle for close to this money...
    Anyone concerned abouy safety with the various recalls?
    Think Toyota has figured it out?
  • osbar81osbar81 Posts: 9
    Acquisition fee is almost always paid as a downpayment. It should not be added to your monthly payments !!
    Any way, lets forget about the detailed figures and focus on the eventual cost for this car for 36 months. I think for the car you are looking for, this is a good deal (Downpayment $ 1800 and monthly payments 310 for 36 months). If you can get an AWD (since you live in NY) with similar payments, that would be great.

As a conclusion, for a Venza 2010 4 Cyl with whatever options (AWD and/or any other packages that will bring the MSRP to around $30,000), the best lease deal will be as follows:
    Downpayment: ~ $ 2000
    Monthly payments: ~ $ 300 FOR 36 MONTHS/36,000 MILES

Good Luck
    Osbar
  • Ok, I came back from first dealer and got the AWD, convenience pkg for $310, $2200 down, includes dealer fees, first month, dmv. I pulled the trigger on that one. The other dealer was pricing AWD around same, but was goign to take longer to get vehicle. Thank you all for response. Osbar81, thank you, Decho thanks!!!

First time going to dealer, like I said before, I usually bought my cars used from family, so it was quite an experience going to dealers. Hate the haggling, but it must be done!
  • nydriver25nydriver25 Posts: 13
    edited March 2010
    Hey decho, got the AWD for 310. 290 sounds like great price! I may try NJ. All NYC areas have priced around 310-320 for my package.

Decho, I am concerned about the recalls. But I haven't heard any bad news or any major accidents with Venza vehicles, so figured it is "safe." As for Toyota having it figured out, I don't think they do. They have to do more extensive testing and get off their defensive mind frame. They have quality cars, but obviously the heavy reliance of computer modeling as opposed to building and testing prototypes is coming back to bite them in the rear. They need to run more elaborate tests, and be more open and apologetic. A hard hit now will be recouped down the long run.

Side question, the 1800 includes the first month as well?
    Yes,
    1800.00 was including first payment
    1) Base AWD
    2) roofrack (485.00)- I like the look though
    3) wheel locks!? (81.00)
    4) floor mats with cargo are mat (~269)..
    Now I'm (or should I say she is )deciding on color..
    black (no metallic)
    magnetic grey
    silver
    blizzard pearl (probably not likely as none in stock at dealer)
    edited March 2010
    This great deal. I love all my vehicles black on black, but don't like the contrast with the light gray interior that toyotas are doing now. If it were darker gray, then yeah. I don't even mind black with beige, but not liking it with the ivory. The wife likes the magnetic gray on gray, so guess which one won we are getting, lol. Actually I also like the gray on gray as well, so we finally agreed on something.

He offered me roof rack for a bit extra, which I would have def haggled, but not a big fan of the look to be honest. I wanted panoramic sun roof, but harder to get in the AWD 4 cylinder, and they are usually packaged with other things that I really didn't want to pay for or need.

My down payment includes an acquisition fee of 650, and dmv, taxes and first. I tried to negotiate acquisition fee, but it seems with all the dealers i have been dealing with, this is non-negotiable. I still think I could haggle to at least 305, but at this point I say whatever. Also the dealership is close to my house, so I want to service car where I lease, so they can't hit me up with any excessive wear and tear because I "missed" maintenance or whatever. Their services don't seem pricey at all, but we'll see.
    Yes the 1800 included the first months payment.
    1) Base AWD
    2) roof rack (485.00) but I like the lookl
    3) wheel locks
    4) Floor mats with carg are mat (~265)
  • Seems like a good deal. I am getting the convenience pkg which includes the security package along with the carpets and stuff.
  • dylrexdylrex Posts: 57
    Hello.
    I'm still looking for the March lease numbers for the below. Anyone know what they are? Car_man??

Can you please provide me with the money factor and residual for a 3 year lease with 12k miles for a 2010 Venza - V6 FWD and AWD?
    I'm in the Cincinnati area.
    Thank you.
  • dylrexdylrex Posts: 57
    Here is the offer I currently have for a 3 year lease with 12k per year on a 2010 Venza V6 AWD.

MSRP: $35369
    Cap Cost: $32997 (includes acq. fee of $650)
    MF: .00044
    Residual: $19592 (55%)
    Payment: $419 (includes 6% tax)
    Due at signing: $754.24 (First months payment, doc fee, license)

What do you think?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited March 2010
    Hi carnut12. As you probably already know, Toyota's lease program varies by region. I have not seen its current program for your specific region, but in the vast majority of the country Toyota Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Venza 4-cylinder AWD is .00044 for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

TFS' current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for this vehicle is 63%. The problem with this resid is that it is for a base vehicle. Unlike most banks, TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. This not only makes it difficult for consumers to calculate payments on specific vehicles on their own, but it makes Toyota vehicles' effective residual values lower than their published percentages.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    edited March 2010
    Hi dylrex. Toyota Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Venza V6 AWD with 12,000 miles per year in its Cincinnati region are .00044 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

The problem with these numbers is the residual value is for a base vehicle. Unlike most banks, TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. This not only makes it difficult for consumers to calculate payments on specific vehicles on their own, but it makes Toyota vehicles' effective residual values lower than their published percentages.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2010
    Hi dylrex. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • prowessprowess Posts: 2
    I am looking at the 2010 Venza AWD V6 in the Kansas City area with:
    (CQ) convenience, (LS) comfort, (SA) security, (SR) panoramic roof, (EJ) JBL w/XM bluetooth
    MSRP: $36,314
    selling price: 32,600
    cap cost: 33,429
    residual: 19,842
    pymt: $400 mo (not incl sales tax) MF.00044, 36 mo lease, 12k miles
    $650 acq fee, $180 admin fee, $750 destination charge, $514 TDA, $591 dealer holdback, $295 whsl financial reserve. no money down, just first pymt.
    What I'm wanting to know is if any of these fees are necessary or negotiable?
  • I am considering the following options for a lease on a 2010 Venza. I don't have all the info you normally need to calculate so I'm wondering if you can still give me advice using ballparks.

1) 4-cylinder AWD
    MSRP: $28,744
    Base cap cost: $26,500
    $2k down (includes title, tax and all fees)
    $650 acquisition fee
    Monthly payment: $283/month

2) V6 AWD
    MSRP: $34,609
    Base cap cost: $30,584
    $2k down (includes title, tax and all fees)
    $650 acqusition fee
    $358/month

In both scenarios the dealer has agreed to pay for the last two months of my current Subaru Outback lease which is $550 total.

I am torn between making this decision before the end of the month (Wednesday) or waiting until my lease is actually up in two months and dealing with it then.

Any advice on these deals?
  • Offhand the V4 AWD looks like a good deal, on par with what has been offered. I haven't eyed the V6 closely. I think you should keep in mind if you want a toyota, this month toyota is giving good promotional leases and what not. I think it ends April 5th.

Also what packages, just curious, and where in US are you located?
  • I'm in the DC area. I think the lease promotion actually ends tomorrow so I'm cutting it close.

The V6 has the comfort and convenience packages as well as JBL surround sound system. This morning I was promised they'd get my monthly payment to $350 (from $358) and I'm only putting $2k down so I think it's a good deal. I'm feeling pressured since it's end of month but I'm scared this deal won't be around in June when my current lease is up.

Also, Subaru wanted to charge me $350/month with $2k down on a car with a slower engine and cloth seats. Toyota is definitely doing a better deal.
  • That's a good deal. Not sure if the deal ends today. I am pretty sure it ends on April 5th. What are your sales tax.

And also, they offered to pay off your lease for the subaru? Get that in writing before you do anything!

Toyota is in bad shape with the public perception, so they are doing everything they can to get the vehicles out off the dealers' lots!
  • Also, the 2,000 down include the first month's payment? This is a good deal, if you really want a Toyota. Of course I'm not sure if they may offer even better deals in June, since public isn't ready to fully trust Toyota's
  • Yes, I'm told the $2k down includes the first month's payment.

Tax in MD is 6%.

I'm not entirely sure how it's going to work with my Subaru payments but I'll definitely make sure it's all as they promised when I get to the table.

Getting excited now!
  • yeekyeek Posts: 18
    Here's the deal I was just quoted... is it good? Seems like there's wiggle room...
    2010 Venza
    AWD
    4 cyl
    Blizzard White
    Fitted Floor Mats
    Roof Rails
    12k/36 month lease
    $28,214 MSRP
    $24,615 Invoice
    $27,191 Cap Cost includes all fees except sales tax
    MF- .00044
    OTD- first month's payment only
    $328 per month plus PA sales tax

Appreciate any quick comments or opinions since this deal ends tomorrow! (maybe)
    Just got this offer...

2010 Venza
    FWD
    4 cyl
    No options except fitted floor mats
    $269.50 mo plus PA 9% sales tax
    Only first month's payment due at signing. All costs rolled into monthly payment.

Seems like a great deal to me.
  • Seems like a good deal especially with nothing else due at payment. Did you go for it?
    It's by far the best deal I've gotten. We were planning on doing it, but we had a family emergency that kept us from having the time. Haven't even had a moment to discuss it with the wife- and it will be mostly her driving it. If Toyota extends the offer thru April, we'll probably go with it- unless something else happens. It's always something lately.
  • An acquaintance of mine is looking into the Venza after he saw mine. He was looking into a V6, AWD, MSRP of 39,500 I believe. They told him $6,000 down and $300 a month. I found this to be somewhat steep. I didn't delve into it, but then he told me that he went to another dealer who told him best they could do was $9,000 down and $350. I believe at the first dealer he is getting more money towards the lease than the $6,000 down, since he is a loyal toyota customer.

Besides the fact that I think this is way too much money to invest in a lease, do these numbers make sense?
  • Doesn't seem like a good deal to me at all. If he has $6-9k to put down then he should just buy the car and pay a bit more per month. I think that's way too much money to invest on a lease. Plus, if he can find one with fewer bells and whistles in the $34k range he should be able to get that lower payment without all the money down. What money factor are they working with? It was .00044 in March.
    edited April 2010
    He doesn't qualify for the .00044 money factor. He is working with a .0016 - .0018 I think. Not too sure, I haven't really asked him. They are also giving him 15K miles.
    And I think the residual being given was 52%

I agree with you, that is steep to put into a lease.
  • tsx200tsx200 Posts: 13
    edited April 2010
    Hi All, the quote I just got:
    2010 Venza V6 with Convince,JBL, security pkg, Panoramic Glass Roof,Floor Mats & Cargo Mat
    Blizzard White
    12k/36 month lease
    $32,899 MSRP
    $30,000 selling price
    MF- .00044
    OTD- $1950
    $392 per month included 9.25 sales tax
    I live in SF bayarea
    Is this a good deal? Please give me some advise!
    Thank you!
  • Deal says 2010 Venza. 36mth/$339 mth.
    I owe $3,000 less than what they are giving me for my '07 Tundra.
    Price for Venza is $28k.

$339 down + tax, etc.

What ball park should I be looking at per month? They shot back with $497 the first time, then amazingly $377-397 when I said "NO." I left and the floor manager called and asked for me to go back so he could work something better for me.
  • thedrakethedrake Posts: 13
    On average, how much has a April venza lease risen compared to a March price?