Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Montana

Comments

• My friend, there is something GM refers to as a "goodwill warranty" and will only cost you about 100.00 + the oil change to repair/replace your intake gasket. Dont let the dealership fool you on this. Demand it. I just was told by the dealer that I needed my done on my 2001 with 65,000KMS on it and after visiting all these sites I challenged them with this good will warranty and they stepped up to it... go back and see if you can get any of your $$$$ back.... good luck!
  • I recently was told by the GM dealership that my 2001 Montana needs new rear wheel cylinders and control arm bushings. To repair would be about $500.

The van only has 33,500 miles. Has anyone had this problem and have you had any satifaction from GM?
  • New here...

The power sliding door on this van has given us nothing but trouble. It won't stay closed in cold weather. I have to fight with it to stay closed. Sometimes I'll hit the button on the remote or inside the door, walk away, and look back to realize it opened up on its own (even in warm weather). Also, when the van is locked, you can still open the power sliding door when you pull on the handle. Just this morning, we looked out in the driveway, and there was the power slider hanging wide open. It opened up all on its own overnight. =(

What can we do? I especially want to be able to LOCK the van! Help?
  • I have a 2000 PM and the air bag light stays on most of the time. Has anyone experienced this and, if so, what is the solution?

Thanks,
    SJohnS
  • 1panky1panky Posts: 34
    I have a 2000 Venture and we do have this problem occasionally. Here is a trick that has reset the system for me. You first move your electric seat all the way forward to the end and then run the seat to the rear all the way. Return the seat to it's normal position and this should do the trick. You may want to look under the seat to see if there are any frayed wires of those that may have been pinched over the year's. For some reason I did find one wire requiring an electrical tape patch. So far all is well since the repair. Good luck!
  • debfdebf Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Pontiac Montana with a repetitive rear circuit board problem that's costing me a problem. Any way of learning how to fix it myself would save me $$$'s, especially before Christmas. I can order the parts at GM employee discounts (Dad's a retiree) - anyone with any know how to help? Thanks.

:(
  • After reading a few of these posts, I have a feeling my problem with the heat is tied to the AC problems as well. While idling or traveling at low speeds the heat in my van doesn't blow hot. I bought the van used in October so I haven't tried the AC yet.

Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?
  • This is the intake gasket...it leaked so much dexcool out that the heater can't heat properly. I just had the same thing. Your A/C should be OK.
  • Pontiac Montana and other GM minvan side brake lights and cruise control tie in...Thanks to Edmunds forum and the well documented replys to this question on GM minivan brake lights, I have saved a dealer service visit. The "circuit boards" in the tail lens assembly on these GM products are problematic. They can short due to close tolerance, vibration, or water. This in turn may cause the 3037 Light bulb base to short out leaving you with no brakes and no CRUISE CONTROL! In my case the filament of both sides of the brake lights was perfectly in tact, but didn't light when the brake was applied. I checked the filaments, the fuse, then the switches on the pedal, then I came here to this forum and found the right answer.

Luckily the line at the dealership parts window where I went to buy two new circuit boards was so long that I got bored and started taking the light bulbs in and out of the panel! There it was, the base of the brake light was melted through even though while plugged into the unit the lamp bulb filament itself looked perfectly good as new.
    Just a 2 dollar fix instead of 2 units at $50.

By the way, what are they teaching in the schools at GM engineering these days?!!! Why would you tie the cruise control to the brake light circuit????? What's next? tires that deflate if your oil is a half a quart low, or doors that wont unlock if you need wiper fluid???
  • when we bought our 1998 transport we found it had a leak that filled the dome lights with water.we went to the dealer about it and they said it was the first they heard of it,[non-permissible content removed]!I talked to a window replacement center and thay said to bring it in.It cost me $20 Problem fixed .They siliconed something not sure what but they said it was a problem with them that GM doesn't want to recognise.Try that.
  • I have a 1998 transport,when it rains we get water on the passanger floor.any ideas? :confuse:
  • tan1tan1 Posts: 3
    Hi there,
    can you tell me how to get to the connector, I have the same problem on my montana
    Thanks
  • tanjotanjo Posts: 6
    Hi there,

I am new to the site and figured that I needed to post before spending another $3000 on my 2000 Pontiac Montana Van. I just had the rear wheel cylinders and shoes, and then took it back to replace the master cylinder. The problem is you need to press the brakes down instead of just touching them. (Spongy is the word that my mechanic used) My mechanic was not completely satisfied with the result, so he took it to the dealer and had them check it out. They looked at it and said that what he had done was right, and that if I was their customer they would recommend getting a new ABS motor. My mechanic said that he could get one from the scrap yard and put it on and this would be 1/3 of the cost.

Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, do you have any advice?

Thanks!
  • Great instructions. I followed them and my radio display is now working. I used T1 3/4, 0.08W, 14V bulb that I purchased from my local electronics supply store.

Thanks
  • Thanks so much for responding. I have a waranty that i hope this is covered on.
  • My 2000 Olds Silo just started to have this problem (water leaking from front overhead console). It would be nice to know what was siliconed as I don't have a clue where the water is coming from.
  • I replaced both of the DRL on my 2000 Montana and now the horns won't work. Today I tooks the light assemblies back off to see if the horns were unplugged (they were not) and I replaced the 15A mini fuse. The horns do work though from the keyless remote but not from the steering wheel! Still the problem persists. Since both horns quit at the same time, I believe the fault lies somewhere besides the horns.

Suggestions?

Denny Jones
    Davison, MI
  • I hust bought a 2000 mOntana extended this past summer. I am the second driver. It was working fine until the winter came in. The watning lights for the parking (plus the light undersneath it, an exclamation mark) and traction control remain on. They do shut off at times and that is when the traction control starts working. However, when on the traction control system doesnt work. What may be the problem here. I want some advice before getting a scan on the car.

Tahnks
  • Another issue I have with the Montana 2000 is that when I am accelerating smoothly and reach speds at around 60 km/h, the car starts knocking as if someone is pulling from the rear. It wasnt there when I bought it in the summer. However, I started to notice it this winter. I hope it isnt the transmission.

Suggestions???
  • lionmlionm Posts: 1
    try cleaning your copper plates that the sensors touch, they get stuff on them and do not carry the current.