Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Tires suggestions

bxnybxny Posts: 1
I have a 2001 Park Aveune in need of tires. Do you have any suggestions for a quiet ride and good traction in wet weather?
Thanks,

Comments

• The Michelin harmony have been on my Buick P/A's for some time. No problems and would buy again.
  • PAmanPAman Posts: 207
    Ditto. Just make sure the tire says "Michelin" on the side, and as long as it is the proper size, mounted and inflated to specs, you'll be very happy.
  • If you haven't purchased yet, I recommend not going to NTB. They try to replace close to what you have and ended with vibrations no matter how many times adjusted and different stores, finally went to the top and they ordered special tires that were like originals. I should have gone to Conrads - that is where NTB got them from. I also should have asked my S-I-L that is an engineer at Goodyear.
  • ultramannultramann Posts: 2
    Hi !

I have a 2005 Buick Park Ave Ultra that needs 4 good tires that will not cause vibrations at highway speeds.Mine has a terrible sweet spot at 68mph that makes it feel like a jackhammer under the seat of my pants! A local tire shop recommened Cooper CS4 tires. Has anyone ever used them before? He does not use the Hunter wheel balence system. (roadforce?)

I also read that Michelins are recommened by some on the net .

Thanks in advance for some info on my decision,

Thanks, Kevin

Buddykev@yahoo.com
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,692
    If you want smoothness you'll want to buy Michelins at a place that does RoadForce balancing on a Hunter 9700 balancer.

Also get the alignment set right on the specifications front and rear--do not accept "close" or "within tolerances" as good enough.

This message has been approved.

• Hi there. I just acquired a beautiful 1999 PA with 70,000 miles and running Michelin Agility Touring tires, they have about 30,000 miles on the set. I just drove from California to Florida (3160 miles) with my brother. The car was flawless, the tires were as expected (Michelin owner on other cars) and the average mpg was above anticipated mileage.

My humble experience is that with some solid research, good tires are a must. Road force balancing is a must, proper inflation is a must and the ride will pretty much take care of itself, assuming the remaining drive components are within specs.

Thanks for listening. :)
  • I have them on the front of my 99, they're affordable and I like the feel of them, in fact, I'm going to get them put on the rear later today.