Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,823
    Most folks don't buy a Corolla for any kind of driving excitement...rather for the reliability and fuel numbers. Fun isn't a variable when describing this car. Have had 2 over the years and were great appliances. If I bought today, I'd probably get the XLE or the S model, as I prefer the extra's like alloys & upgraded sound systems. Prefer the looks of my '06 Civic LX better but one never knows what I'll look at a few years down the road.

I only put about 7k/year now but with retirement starting the beginning of 2011, that figure will decrease down to about 3k or 3.5 k, so my time frame for a new ride will be at least 5 to 6 years down the road. By then, there will be new generations of Toyota's & Honda's as well as all the other brands. Since I like this size of car, won't go any smaller guaranteed. The new Elantra & Cruze will also be on my short list. Can't wait!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf SE (me) / 2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatch (daughter #1) / 2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

• igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 797
    Thanks to the Extra Value Package, the Corolla S has the most features for the money. The EVP only costs $355 and it includes the same exact features found in the Sport Package priced at $1,495. I'd say $355 is a steal for 16" alloys, rear spoiler, cruise control, keyless entry and power windows. The MSRP with the EVP is $18,465. For comparison sake, the LE with the optional 16" alloys (which cost

The XLE has an MSRP of $19,150 after adding $410 for the alloy wheels and $230 cruise control & auto climate control (also called an EVP). The XLE also has woodgrain interior trim instead of the "metallic-style" trim used in the LE and S models. Personally, I think it looks HIDEOUS, but I even hate REAL wood trim in most cars, so I'm biased. Toyota does offer a woodgrain trim kit as an accessory for the lesser models. The XLE also has the same seat fabric found the LE, but the S has the same 'unique sport interior fabric' used in the XRS. The LE/XLE material reminds me of velour...I'll leave it at that.

Now that I think about it, it's pretty lame that power windows and keyless entry aren't standard to begin with!?!? And cruise control isn't standard even on the XLE! On the $21k XRS, power windows and keyless entry aren't standard- they come in a $560 Power Package. I seriously doubt that any XLEs are built without the cruise option or XRSs without the Power Package, but why make it so convoluted??? Anyway..

It's amazing how much nicer the 16" alloys look. I hate to say it, but the wheel covers on the base/LE really make the car look cheap...even the wheel covers on the $9990 Nissan Versa 1.6 look nicer!
  • This is a marketing strategy of Toyota. It does not want Corolla to compete head on with Camry and Prius. If people want a Camry they have to pay $3,000-4,000 more, If they want a Prius they have to pay $5,000-6,000 more. With the potentially high cost of gasoline ($4 to 5$/gal when the economy picks up steam) a 32-38 MPG corolla at 15-16 K is a good choice.Adding $ 5,500 more you can get a 50 MPG Prius, but istead of spending extra $5,500 for a Prius, you can buy 2,000 gallons of gasoline (70,000 Corolla miles).
    For a Camry, you will pay more for the car and gasoline.
  • Purchased a 2010 Toyota Corolla LE 1.8 Liter 4 cyl DOHC with 4 spped auto transmission for price of $13800.00 excluding tax and tags. Car has cruise control, power windows, power mirrors, remote less key entry with key transmitter, telescopic and tilt steering, ac, am/fm/cd player, floor mats.

Just wondering if forum thinks I got a good deal. Didn't really compete dealers against each other very much. Feel like I could have realized further reduction in price but didn't have time to deal one more day as I needed immediate transportation.
  • This is the best price, it even beats the price offered in Atlanta. What dealer and the city where you get it from? May be others can go there to get one.
  • Bought in Marietta GA

I actually paid 13800 but that included a 599.00 doc fee that the dealer charged.

They wouldnt come off the price any more. But I think if I could have waited longer I could have gotten the deal at around 15,500.00 Dont care at this point. Ithink i got a great deal. Love the car so far. Over 300 miles on half tank of petro.
  • I am a bit confused about the actual price that you paid before taxes and license. Did you pay $13,200 for the car plus 599 doc fee for a total of $13,800 or 13,800 plus 599 for a total of $14,400 before taxes and license? Which number, $13,800 or $14,400?
    Furthermore, $13,800 is less than $15,500 so why should you wait longer to pay $15,500 if you could pay $13,800 today?
    Because of the recall in March-June, Toyota still has a lot of old inventory to sell, so they may have to give more cash rebate money in October, before arrival of 2011 model, but the good choice cars (color, options, cars made in Japan that don't have the American made gas pedal) may be gone by then.
  • It turned out that the desert sand color that I was looking for is not available and thus the dealer sold me a red wine color for $15,500. It was made in Japan with Bridgestone tires. The only thing I don't like about corrolla is the donut spare tire. I thought the donut spare tire disapeared.
  • I can see why you are confused lol

I paid 13200.00 for the car plus a doc fee of 600.00 so my total cost for the car was 13,800.00. I told them I pay tax and tags on my own to take that factor out of the equation.

Disregard the 15500...that should have been 13500.00

I got a Silver car with gray interior.

Hope that clears things up. Sorry
  • I've received OTD price of $15,641 for the Corolla LE. It includes new Tag. Is it worth? I'm in Tampa Bay area. Thanks.
  • Hello there,

I am from Houston and received a quote for $13,500 for Toyota Corolla LE with EVP (made in Japan). The OTD price comes to $14,600. Is that a good price or do you think it will come even more down next month?
  • I think thats an awesome price and dont hink you could go much lower.

I paid 13800 for a Corolla the other day and absolutely love the car. I think I could have gotten the car at 13500 but didnt have a lot of time nor patience. Just wanted to get the buying process over and 300.00 wasnt that big a deal. I love the car so far.
  • ddpstcddpstc Posts: 44
    Wow, this is $2,000 below what I paid in Minnesota. People who look for a corolla in Minnesota should take a vacation in Houston then get the car there and drive it home. For 1,000 miles driving from Houston to MN, the car will use about 300 gallons of gasoline or about $750. Just wonder why there is such a big difference in price?
  • Thats a great price, you should go for it, which dealer in houston?
    The following list of current cash incentives available on the Corolla helps explain the pricing differences-

CUSTOMER INCENTIVES (thru 10/4/10)

$1500 Cash- Gulf States Region
    $1000 Cash- Chicago Region
    $1000 Cash- Denver Region
    $750 Cash- Central Atlantic, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Portland and San Frandcisco Regions

SUPPLEMENTAL CUSTOMER INCENTIVE

$500 Bonus Cash- Gulf States Region
    The other day I drove my new Corolla home and noticed that the engine ran over 3000 RPM at 60 MPH on highway. It turned out that I accidentally put the new car in the 3rd gear because the shift position 3 and D are in the same slot, a slight move to the left will move the gear to 3 rather than D. Thinking that 3 and D are the same gear, I kept driving on for the rest of the trip. At home I had read the manual over and discovered that the D gear is what I should have.
    This is a bad design from Toyota engineers for Corolla because new Corolla owners and Corolla car rental drivers may accidentally drive at 3rd year for their first trip. Toyota should have create a separate slot for D gear like P N and R rather than have the 3 and D in the same gear slot. If Toyota wants to save money on gear shift positions it should combine 3 and 2 in the same slot rather than having 3 and D in the same slot.
  • Hi everyone, thanks for all your input. I went ahead and bought the 2010 Toyota Corolla (Japan) with EVP and floor mats for $14,612 OTD. Also, I didn't know this ahead of time but we also got free 2 year oil and filter service on top of the great price. I am very happy with the purchase and so far enjoying the drive.

Thanks again for all your inputs.
  • Hi txgirl77,

14.6K OTD is the great best deal. Can you tell me which dealer you purchased the car from? I've been trying to get this deal and can't get them to come to any lower then 16K OTD. You have got the best deal.

Thank you so much if you can share the dealer name.
    No reply from txgirl about the name of the dealer.????
    Did you take a look at the Manufacturing date of your car? It is located at the driver side front door step. I notice that Toyota still has a lot of 2010 Corolla made before March 2010 in the dealer lots. These cars are recalled and fixed at dealers and thus some dealers may give deep discounts to these cars.
  • bh84bh84 Posts: 1
    How much should I expect to pay out the door? Any recommended dealers in long island, ny? Thanks!
  • I also just purchased a Corolla LE w/ the EVP option and floor mats from Marietta Toyota in Georgia for 13500 OTD. I felt like I could have gone to 13200, but I can't haggle to save my life. This price is pre-tax, since I am registering it in Tennessee.
  • Any good Lease deals for corollas in the Northeast. Or any currrent experiences leasing one. Need info thanks.
    The only promo lease shown on Toyota's website is for the 2010 Corolla LE. It's $229 for 35 months, $0 due at signing and includes Toyota Care (free 2yr/25k maintenance). The mileage allowance is 12k per year, so 35k total for the lease term with a penalty of $0.15 per mile overage. Lease-end purchase option is $9,815. Taxes and any other fees aren't included in the $229 and will increase payment amount.

Check out some of the dealer websites in your specific area because there may be other lease specials not advertised on a national level!

They're also offering 0.9% APR financing for up to 60 months on the 2010 Corolla LE, but the S model isn't included in that offer. The payment would be $17.05 for every $1000 financed on a 60-month loan term. So if you financed $15k, the payment would be about $255.75 per month....less than $30 more than the lease payments and you'd own it and not have to worry about mileage restrictions, etc.
  • Ok, I'm going to call BS on this one... What year and how many miles did you get on your Corolla? There is no way you can buy a "new" untitled Corolla LE for $13500! I don't believe it, I sure couldn't do it! Dealer's aren't stupid and they aren't going to loose money just to sell "you" a car! If you really did this then post a copy of your Purchase Order and the full VIN.
  • Thinking of pulling the trigger on a 2007 S w/ 48k miles and 5 spd manual. Decent condition, a few small cosmetic flaws. It's certified pre-owned. $11800 is their offer to me, i think it could be a little better. I am thinking 11,200.

Anyone have any insight? Thoughts?
  • I just recently bought a new 2010 Corolla S with the extra value package and floor mats for $14.7k after destination fees and whatnot. I got the "free" 2 year maintenance but i'm sure that's with all new toyota sales. The financial officer sold me into the 3 year extended comprehensive warranty for an extra $1k.

My car is magnetic gray with black (some blue fabric accents) interior. It's by far the best car i've driven in its class.

What do you guys think of that deal?
  • Right now through Zag.com (through our Bank of America account) we can get a new 2010 Corolla (manual) for $12,359 (before options, dealer fees, tax, etc.) The Corolla S (which I assume we'd need in order to get the black interior) goes for $13,561 before everything else. I know the old adage about "if it seems too good to be true", etc. Anyone have any experience with Zag.com's service?
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,823
    Do you really think you'll need this warranty? Toyota's are pretty reliable appliances actually...have had a few over the past 20 or so years & have been pretty good. We've never bought a warranty yet for any of our cars and we've run the gamut...Buick, Oldsmobile, Nissan, Mazda, Toyota & Honda. I guess they can be a good thing...we just never have done one yet.
    Good luck & enjoy the ride...I personally like the "S" model myself...looks a bit nicer than the plain Corolla's...a little more sporty. Congrats.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf SE (me) / 2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatch (daughter #1) / 2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

• As an update, we were just quoted $13,000 for a manual Corolla S, and $14,063 for a Corolla S manual with window tint and moonroof. Add $1k in tax/fees, so $14k OTD for the manual Corolla S (more if you want the one with tint/sunroof). :) We're in Charlotte, NC but the dealer is just across the border in SC.