Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Just bought a new 2013 corolla L in south FL, very low price plus 0 finance. anybody want to know detail, email me wumarvin@hotmail.com
  • somanssomans Posts: 10
    yes, where in Northern NJ?
  • muzrinmuzrin Posts: 8
    tried hudson toyota and route 22 toyota.
  • Impressed by people getting 15900$ for a LE. I can't get any dealers in the Denver area under 16.8K. Most won't even go below 17k. Might try again at the end of the month.
  • I just went to Prime Toyota of Boston for a new 2013 Toyota Corolla LE.

They quoted me an OTD of $16,631, including the $1000 college rebate and $500 cash rebate. Anyone else get a better deal in the area?
  • vholicvholic Posts: 1
    Thanks for posting this info. I'm in Boston too. Could you please provide the price of the car alone (before rebate, tax title etc).
  • Just got 2013 Toyota Corolla LE auto w/floor mat for my son. price:$15500 + TTL. No other fee. OTD price: $16500. Good luck everyone. I live in Metro Atlanta. The sticker price is $19319(including destination charge and floor mat).
  • Just got a "No Haggle" price of 16,746+TTL and doc fee of $250 for same car in OH. Discount was $1704 plus $750 rebate. Did you get bigger discount or additional rebates. Hard to track down what's a GOOD deal from OK deal or worse. Thanks.
  • sky2ksky2k Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I bought 2013 Toyota Corolla L with Floor Mats

Price:$16,400 OTD after rebate
    Dealer: Joe Myer Toyota

I received the $ 1000 GST rebate.
  • franmartfranmart Posts: 16
    can some one tell ne agood deal on a 2013 corola in state island or new jersey
  • bkk1057bkk1057 Posts: 1
    I am being quoted $16975 for a 2013 Toyota Corolla LE. I believe this price includes everything except for title fees. Is that a fair price. Also, what is a good price to add rear view camera on a Corolla LE? Thanks.
  • Just got a 2013 Toyota Corolla LE Automatic with carpet mats for $16,999 OTD with $1,000 college rebate and 0% finance for 60 months (no money down). Was also offered $16,499 OTD with $500 cash rebate and $1,000 college student rebate. MSRP for the car I purchased was $19,200.

Another dealership countered at $16,799 in Annapolis, MD but after I had already signed the paperwork at $16,999. Today, April 1st, was the end of the quarter and end of sales month.

I negotiated by e-mail and contacted about 15-17 dealerships. Only one agreed to $16,499 OTD and another matched (before I got $16,799 offer). Process only took about 30 minutes (over 2 days) and was in and out of the dealership in about 1 hour 40 minutes.

When salesmen brought up the car information and after he left room, I leaned over and saw a dealer invoice of I believe $16,852 + $162 fee equaling $17,014 (Guessing holdback is high?) I was charged around $16,500 before TTL and rebate. You should be able to get that down to $16,300 before TTL and rebate if you really haggle. I'd at least try to get it to $16,500 before TTL AND rebate.
  • jdgdn86jdgdn86 Posts: 1
    Looking for 2013 Corolla LE in Atlanta metro area. Any recommendations on dealerships?
  • nancy155nancy155 Posts: 1
    Where did you get this price--lowest I can get is $17,200 inc TTL?
  • tribmwtribmw Posts: 3
    Our son is in the Navy and trying to buy a Toyota Corolla (2013 LE automatic). He is being quoted $17,780 (purchase price). In addition to the normal fees, there is a $599 processing fee. From my research, I think the purchase price is $1000 too high and the processing fee is bogus. What do you think?
  • stewaresteware Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    I live in Merritt island, FL.
    Our local Mike Erdmann Toyo offered $4,000
    off all corollas MSRP in April 2013.
    We used that deal and bought our daughter a 2013 Corolla L manual transmission for $13,090, plus 600 dealer fee, plus tt&l. If I recall correctly, an LE woulda cost around $15k-ish, plus $600 dealer fee, plus tt&l. They also gave us all scheduled maintenance for first 3/36 yrs/miles.
    And another local dealership in Melbourne offered to match the $4k off MSRP but we wanted Erdmann because they're closer.

The only part we didnt like was Erdmann made us use their finance to get it done. We received 4% and cant refi for 6 months. After that we will refinance because we have great credit and can get close to 2%.

We feel extremely happy about our purchase price and entire deal.
    Great little car!
    Good luck!
  • ltlladyltllady Posts: 27
    Surely the salesman left the "dealer invoice" for you to see. Part of the selling game designed to make the buyer believe he or she got a great deal.
  • ltlladyltllady Posts: 27
    The "processing fee" is simply dealer profit. These fees are designed by dealers to make the buyer believe they are getting a better deal. Dealers use the word "fee" as it sounds official. All deception.

You should recognize the dealer most likely must list the "fee" on the sales contract. If the dealer does not list the fee on all its contracts there are legal issues such as discrimination which would occur.

Simply have the dealer reduce the selling price by the amout of the "fee." If the dealer refuses use your best negotiating tool, your feet. Stand up and walk away. Likely the dealer will then relent. If not, go elsewhere as there is always another dealer willing to take your money.

To check the price, go to True Car and get their target price. Reduce that price by $300, which is the amount dealers pay to TC. That gives you the maximum price you should pay. Reality is you should be able to pay less. For example, I just bought a new Ford for my child. Got the TC price and contacted dealers. Ended up $1,000 less than the TC price. It was easy.
  • stewaresteware Posts: 6
    Dealer fees are crap, but around here it's pay me here or pay me there....
    They would've simply moved the number to the other column.
    In our case, I have yet to see a better out the door price.
    True car said $14,767 and we paid $13,060 + the $600 stupid "dealer fee."

Definitely feel good about the sale.
  • I know I know :) Just like after purchasing the car the salesmen that sold you the car and his manager are brought into the room next to you to the floor manager as you are being offered extras. They get chewed out and try to make you feel sorry and purchase other useless carp (this has happened both times I have purchased a car, both in different locations).