Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• tarheel87tarheel87 Posts: 1
    Just paid $17000 plus $900 fees, tax, doc on an LE with cruise, keyless, and tinted windows. Saved about -200 below invoice.

Good Luck.
  • mnfmnf Posts: 404
    I purchased a Auto 2009 LE with the normal options Stability Control, six speaker system mats ect , MSRP was $18,644 picked it up for $16,200.It was a couple of weeks of shopping and e-mailing but in the end it was worth the wait.

MNF
  • hannainnchannainnc Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2009 CorollaS (automatic) - with sport package, power everything...alloy wheels - $17k out the door....that's it- only $17k. Yay! We had to drive from NC to Atlanta to get the deal, but it was worth the drive. Sticker price was $19,563.30. We paid less than invoice because of the $750 rebate.
  • dr94087dr94087 Posts: 9
    Hi Hannnainnc,

I never heard about the 750 rebate for 2009 corolla?
    Where have you seen this? Will you pls send me the link?

Thanks,
    DR
  • hannainnchannainnc Posts: 2
    750 cash back on all new 2009 Corolla Sedan models. May use cash back toward down payment or receive a check from Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC. Must complete retail sale and delivery between 05/01/08 - 06/02/08. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

I think it might depend on your region, but I'm not positive - our dealer was marietta toyota in GA.

you can also go to carsdirect and enter your zip to see if the rebate applies to your area.
  • jkh713jkh713 Posts: 4
    2009 Corolla LE Automatic
    Blue
    Gray Cloth

Cruise Control
    Color-Keyed Outside Rear View Mirror
    50 State Emissions
    Remote Keyless Entry w/Key Transmitter
    Power Windows with Driver's Side
    One-Touch Down and Shift Activated Powe
    Door Locks
    Carpet Mat Set

Vehicle Shield Package
    Lusterizing Sealant
    Sound Shield
    Sealant Cleaner
    Rental Car Assistance

$16,798 Plus T,T,l
    After rebate
  • Wondering if anyone bought a Corolla S w/sport package (rear wing, 16" alloy rims, etc.) in the S.F. Bay Area ? If you did...what was your OTD price paid. So far the best deal I can get is $19,500.00 OTD.

Can anyone beat this ?

Thanks for the help everyone !
    :surprise: :confuse: :shades:
  • yossarian3yossarian3 Posts: 30
    I made an online offer of $15,800 that was accepted for 2009 Corolla with cruise control, 6 CD changed, all weather package and remote keyless entry. MSRP for the car is $18,394. Is this a good deal or can I do better?
  • michatimichati Posts: 2
    im in the LA area, bought mine at 19,4..sounds like the same deal to me i got everything but the sunroof
  • Michati,

$19,400.00 seems to be the best deal so far. No sunroof too on this Corolla S. $100.00 bucks isn't enough for me to fly or drive down. It would cost me more now with gas breaking the $4.50 / gal. mark !

I still hit up my sale rep. and see if he will match...worst he can say is "no" .

Thanks
  • elena250elena250 Posts: 28
    Was that a Corolla CE base version or some other version? Sounds like a very good deal.
    Corolla LE. I agree that it seemed like a good deal. But it was accepted so quickly that I was suspicious.
  • jweaver39jweaver39 Posts: 15
    just purchased a 2009 LE auto trans/cruise control/std.accessories msrp17900 got it for $15800 otd, great deal at mckinnon toyota in clanton,al about 40 mi north of montgomery,al
  • elena250elena250 Posts: 28
    if that was otd price what was it that you offered - or is that the way you put it. Was it an online deal or in person. Does that include any rebates?
  • atortoroatortoro Posts: 13
    Hi, your MSRP is $17900 for the corolla LE, but your OTD price is $15800 only? does this mean your negotiated price before 8 % tax is $14629 only??

if this is so, then this is a good price!!! :blush:
    it was in person with $750 in rebates
    i rec'd the same rebate in montgomery,al looks like toyota is really trying to sell corollas, because if orginally went to purchase a yaris/prius & none were available and the salesman gave me a really good deal on the corolla.
  • crananoncrananon Posts: 7
    Hi Folks,
    Located in Mass. Considering the Corolla LE package below. The sticker is .18,200. Can someone suggest what I should be able to talk the sticker down to?
    THanks for any Advice!!!

with Cruise Control ,6 Disc in Dash ,Remote Keyless Entry w/Key Transmitter ,
    Carpet Mat Set , ETC...
    Right now, I could get that at $15,800. I am trying to find out if that is a good price.
  • atortoroatortoro Posts: 13
    i think that is a good deal. esp when the $750 rebate is not available anymore. IN my case (see above) many other stores doesnt even want to sell me the car at the price above, the above is like $800 below invoice!
  • crananoncrananon Posts: 7
    Thanks for the advice!
    Ok.. I am persistant.. but do I really tell the salesmanger I want to pay 15,800 for a car that has a 18K+ sticker?
    Man.. I hate buying a new car....
    Thanks!
  • suiosuio Posts: 42
    I got a price quote for a 2009 Corolla LE with cruise, keyless and extra mile package A for $15,800 +TTL from a Toyota dealer near Houston, Texas yesterday. They have 25 in stock and another 410 they can get for me within 1-2 days. Is this a good deal?

I have been checking these dealers websites. The Corolla inventory has been climbing up quickly. Toyota must be making loads of them in recent weeks and I hear commercials on radios all the time. 2009 Corolla is not even on the consumerreports.org's recommended list.
    The selling of Corolla isn't as good as many salespersons claim to be. This is evidenced by more and more Corollas in the dealers parking lot every day. I pass by a couple of Toyota dealers when I go to work every day. I just don't see the inventory is moving. There is a massive advertising campaign by Toyota right now. On the other hand, the Honda salespeople appear to be able to inflate Civic's selling price at MSRP.

It is interesting to note ConsumerReports.org rating on the two cars:

Civic 82 Recommended
    Corolla 71 Not Recommended

I have test drove both and I don't think the difference is that huge (11%).
  • Which dealership were you talking about. I just got a quote from the dealership at 610 loop for 17200 for the same car you mentioned.
    17,200 OTD?

I am no longer interested in Corolla any more. I am disappointed with the Toyota dealers in my region. Civic is a much better choice.
    that is exactly what you tell him, he will come back with a counteroffer that is higher, you tell him thank you give him a number to call back if he can met your price and walk out the door. If he can sell it for that price he will give you a call back. especially you u see a lot more corrollas sitting on the lot, he needs to sell cars!!
  • mnfmnf Posts: 404
    Yes that is true but you failed to mention the reason was that Corolla was a NEW model and they wont (ConsumerReports) recommend until there is history. They have been burned in the past on doing so. IT wont not matter if its a Toyota or Honda on first year no more free pass on new models. I test drove both and you cant go wrong on either its about what you are looking for.

MNF
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,668
    I see the opposite - my dealer currently has one Corolla on the lot (stripper). The most I have seen since the new '09 came out is 3. Honda dealer, on the other hand, always has lots of Civics (5-10). But does my observations of these two dealers mean much? Nope.

Also, check the real sales numbers - you'll see the Corolla in the top 3. Someone can post a link.

The real reason the '09 is not recommended is because it is an all-new model.
  • meotranmeotran Posts: 1
    which exactly dealer in Houston is that? I am in Houston too. Thanks.
  • psciortinopsciortino Posts: 22
    We bought a 09 LE Corolla 6-23-08 from the Winter Park, FL Toyota dealer
    Internet Sales team. They were quick on the floor but a bit slow on the internet. We were treated very respectfully. The numbers are as below:
    Out the Door: $17050 for a LE with carpets and cruise control. No other options.
    Price Quoted: $17,624--with a full tank of gas--got to be worth at least $50.
    Dealer Documentation fee: $599.95
    Discount: $1607.24
    Rebate: $750.00
    Net Cost: $15866.71 with a lifetime warranty of the powertrain (comes with all Courtesy Toyotas) Based on my repair experiences this is worth about $3-500)

Tire disposal and other misc. fees: $48.50
    License Tag fees $110.00. May get some of this back.
    Sales tax: $1024.79
    Out the Door: $17050. with carpets, cruise control and NO TOYOGUARD, NO OTHER OPTIONS WHICH RAISE THE PRICE AND GIVE LITTLE VALUE SUCH AS RADIO UPGRADE, KEYLESS ETC. I WANTED VEHICLE STABILITY CONTROL BUT COULDN'T FIND A LE IN THE SOUTHEAST WITH VSC. THEY WERE UNWILLING TO TAKE BACK THE $245 CARPETS.