Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Passat CC Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kinctkinct Posts: 59
    From my background, pretty much all dealers suck, it's just a matter of degree. They are all out to make a killing. Think of it this way:

- You would like to go into a dealership and pay $20,000 for a $30,000 car.
    - When you come into that dealership, they want to think of a way to get $40,000 for that $30,000 car.

The art is meeting in the middle (and obviously from the customer perspective, towards the low end!). Many of the dealer games revolve around leasing, financing, and especially the trade in. I cannot tell you the number of times I have been told my car is worthless, and then I have turned around and sold it to the first person who stopped by to view it for $1,000 - $2,000 (private sale).

You as the consumer need to do the research up front (what vehicle do I want, what is the TRUE dealer cost, what can I afford, etc). Don't go in "wanting a certain monthly payment" - they then stretch out the term to meet the monthly payment objective. You also need to back off when things change rapidly. Don't sign if something major changes last minute. You would be surprised, when you get up and walk out (literally), things changed. I have walked out twice, with the dealer running out and telling me that management had just approved the "correction" (Toyota and Audi).

This may just end up being a bitter lesson for you. But learn from your mistakes.

You now have the car. ENJOY IT. Treat it well...! (and I would NOT NOT NOT go back to that dealer). Don't keep rewarding sleazebags.

One last minute thought for you. One can always go back and visit during a high-volume timeframe (e.g. Saturday morning at 11:00 am or 2:00 pm) , and then go into the dealership and talk loud enough about how you had been duped - make sure you are near other customers. I may have, um, done that too.... :-)
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,669
    You would be surprised, when you get up and walk out (literally)
    Very true...I was helping a co-work shop...she walked out when the dealer low-balled a trade in; after they ran out they offered $3k more...

and talk loud enough about how you had been duped
    heh...a different co-worker did the same...very loud about the "illegal" activities they practiced...then some tears; she got her money back...
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Wow, I am so sorry to hear about the experiences, but I too would love to hear about the new car? I have yet to take one out. Though missing a rear middle seat and a bit overpriced, am sure its worth it, but overpriced. I have a similar dealer that sells Honda's. Not a good place to shop.

I had thought that there was a 3 day rule to return a car in Indiana, but there is not. I am not sure that applies anymore anywhere?
    I think you have me confused with lucretius and his original posting
  • go2uclago2ucla Posts: 8
    Hi there, I was just quoted a price of approx. $3,000 off MSRP for a 4 cylinder CC Sport with A/T. I am in SoCal. Is this a good price? Apparently, the discounted price includes the VW rebate of $1K. Apparently, it looks like about $100 over invoice price less the $1K from VW. What are your thoughts? Are there better deals out there?
  • mrrepomrrepo Posts: 1
    Just leased a CC Man Sport.
    Here are the details.
    MSRP: $27,855
    Cap Cost: $24,500
    Money Factor: .00073
    Residual: 54%
    Term: 36 months/10k/yr.
    Sales Tax: $1674(Ohio)
    Cash at signing: $620 includes first months payment, doc fee, and tags.

End result is $338 per month, tax included.
  • danprtrdanprtr Posts: 25
    Just leased with no options (actually has Bluetooth, chrome tip exhaust, and extra winter mats but they gave this car without charging for the options because it was already on the lot).
    Sale Price $ 25,877
    Tax & Fees $ 1,782
    Gross CC $ 27,659
    Residual 55%
    Term 36mo. 15k/yr
    Payment $ 399.78/mo.
    First payment made at signing.

2 other dealers were around $420 even with the advertised $349.mo sign and drive lease promotion for 10k 36mo.

New models have dealers all over the map on pricing until they figure out demand (or think they have it figured out).
  • 399 with no money down??!!!!
    I am just curious on this VW CC, With the sunroof, Does the roof actually open all the way? Or does it just crack open? If it only cracks open, why is it not possible to not open it all the way.

I am looking at the VW CC, it is a beautiful car! But, that moonroof is a must for me.
    It just tilts.

I think its too wide (and maybe long) to fit within the roof...and I haven't see a 'new' car stack it on top of the roof.
    The lease numbers are right off the lease agreement. Northgate Lincoln Mercury/VW in Cincinnati OH. was the dealer and they were great to work with.

Dan
    I have an 08 car, not VW, but it tilts above the car and out, it opens that way, rather than going inside of the car roof. See, that alone, might be a reason I wouldn't get the VW CC. I love having my roof open way too much. That really is too bad.
    k...which one :)
  • Found a candy white demo CC Luxury w/ tech package (rear camera) and BT at a local dealership in So Cal, had 5,000 miles. 3 Yr lease was prorated to the original 10K miles a year, so I would get 8300 miles a year. Not an issue as my commute is 6 miles round trip. Got them down to $390/month (total inc. tax, license, etc.) w/ $2000 cash.

Just before signing the contract the wife calls. Another dealership had called our home, so I walked outside and called them back. Turns out I'm glad I did. Ended up signing a lease w/ the second dealership, brand new Island Gray CC Luxury w/ tech package (rear camera), BT, and chrome tips.

Sticker right at $36K
    Agreed-on price 30538
    Gross cap cost 31158
    $2000 down
    $408/month for 38 months (total), 10K miles/year

So...a new instead of slightly used car, more miles available, full warranty instead of only 32 months/27K miles, and (IMO) a better color...for $18 a month more. Bonus, the dealership is next door to my wife's work, and offer free car washes for the life of the car. NIIIICE.

Car was new on the lot, so I was not able to take it home. Something about not being able to release the car dirty (and it was DIRTY!). Will pick up after work tomorrow. Very excited, quite a step up styling and amenities from my '06 Accord LX.
    I have an 08 G6, I want out!! The engine sucks!! It truly does and I think the transmission is having problems. Its a 4cyl. I am trying to think of all the options that I could use to get out with minimal problems. I know about trade in and pay off, its been a year into my lease. So, I'll probably just have to wait. It makes me mad!

It will be nice once they offer the DSG on the new CC, it will really add some zip. I took out a Jetta 2.0T, and I wanted that car soooo bad!! But, I leased the Jetta SE for my mother and guess what I had to choose? Yep, the dealer sold Pontiac, so they put me in a G6. I had limited credit last year, so they ran 2 leases at the same time,
    VW and GM. VW would not let me have 2 cars. I was very upset about this too, I traded my 06 Accord for the VW. Anyway. I'm over it, but want out badly.

Let me know if you guys can think of anything to help me out. realistically and practically.
  • Went to Royal Motors in the City and they're very professional.
    1K Down for 2.0 automatic
    400 per month (tax included)
    36 month lease/12K miles
    Includes:
    5K waiver, blue tooth, chrome tips, satellite radio.

Went to Boardwalk on the Peninsula and let's just say I got outta there fast.

FYI:
    My last (2) cares we're the Audi A4/BMW 3 series
  • whitexafwhitexaf Posts: 4
    Does anybody buy cars any more? All this lease discussion is interesting, but of no help to me. For example, when folks state a "price" in their discussion about leasing, can anybody actually buy at that "price", or is that a deal factor in the lease agreement. If I go in and offer $5K US below MSRP, will the dealer collapse in laughter, or is that a reasonable start to negotiate from? Buying in central NC if it matters. Trying to decide between a CC for family cruiser and a Sportwagen TDI for my DD. I don't want to steal a car, but I don't want the dealer to throw a big party on my dime, either. ;)
    Take a look here on Edmunds for current market pricing on new VW's. It will state fair asking prices for dealers.

Leasing will be cheaper, but keep your downpayment low or better yet $0 down on a lease. Depends on how long you keep your cars, how much you drive.

However, apparently TDI's do not have any special offers available through leasing.
    VW is offering better leasing on the CC, but I really do not see any "really good" lease deals on any VW now.

They had a much better lease on their line up last year, now why they aren't offering anything now... hopefully they are not holding on too tight.
    Yeah, I know what you mean about the different leasing numbers people give and the relevance another buying situation. Theoretically, if people are leaseing with a gross capital coss of 5K less than MSRP, you should be able to buy for the same. In practice, the buy price will usually be several hundred dollars higher because dealers make money from the leaseing companies they select. But you still get a feel for the going price by looking at the lease info.

Every dealer determines the price differently based on their perception of their inventory levels ("floor" in dealer speak) , how quickly they can replenish inventory, local demand for the model, whether you look like you can be "moved", etc..

"Best" deal comes from knowing what you want (car, options, color, etc.) and calling or emailing multiple dealers in the area. Don't spend hours with anyone dealer negotiating, it won't do any good because the guy with deal approval authority, is never the one you're talking too. You will very rarely talk them down and even if you do, it costs you when you need special attention from service.

For instance, I leased a CC for $20 less a month from a dealer who traded the higher priced dealer for my car. The higher priced dealer salesman insisted (through 4 days of multiple emails and phone calls) there was no way anyone would do my deal ($399/mo. 36mo. 15kmi.). My dealer did the deal and the window sticker showed the original purchasing dealer as the higher priced dealer.

Good Luck
  • whitexafwhitexaf Posts: 4
    Thanks, guys, for the quick replies. T ventured into the city taday to look at both cars in person. According to the dealer's web site, they had in stock either of the two in a configuration I wanted. Web sites and parking lots are two different things. Only had manual trannies in the TDI. I gotta tell you, that CC in the Shadow Blue Metallic is one of the best looking cars on the road. They probably lost a sale, when they would not tell me the price. Kept wanting to know what I would give to trade my Infiniti in today. I told him I was not the salesman. He should be making offers. He thought I was joking, as I showed him a sub-6 second 0-60 as I left his lot. My rice burner was not part of the equasion, but he would not listen. Still looking, but not there. :mad:
  • tslbmwtslbmw Posts: 166
    I purchased a Candy White 09 CC Sport 6 spd manual for $25,388 on Sat 7/4 from Greenbrier VW in VA Beach. It took walking away Friday night. They called me 10 mins later and said they were "working" on the deal. The wanted $26,850 or about $750 over invoice. The car had about 500 miles on it, so I figured I should be able to get it for under invoice. Anyway, they called first thing Sat morning and I was driving away in my new CC by noon.

OTD was $25,388 + $762 3% tax + $528 (processing fee/title/tags) = $26,678

I went with the 3.9% financing for 60 months.

Great car! :shades:
  • happyfpgahappyfpga Posts: 2
    It looks like a great deal. Any other options come with your new car, satellite radio, etc?
    Thanks! Just two...bluetooth and the chrome exhaust tips.

I really love the car and can't believe I got this much car for $25K. The sport (and even luxury) trim lines have got to be some of the best values on the market right now. Especially if you dig the styling inside and out as much as I do.
    Ok, I was wrong. I went home last night and looked at my window sticker and sure enough, I do have Sirius sat radio ($375) on my car. I've had the car for 11 days and have yet to even push the Sat radio button. Well, I tried it out on the way in to work this morning and bam, I've got Sirius. I've never been a big Sirius (or XM) fan, but it'll be cool to mess with while there is no cost to me.
  • alexupalexup Posts: 14
    Question for the board. I am interested in purchasing the 09 CC Sport with manual trann. I love the look of the 18 inch wheels but this option is not offered on this model. Is there a technical reason that would prevent me from adding the larger wheels and how much should I pay the dealer to add the larger wheels?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,598
    You should be able to buy them from the dealer..

However, the price might shock you.... and some dealers aren't too keen on giving you credit for the tires/wheels already on the car...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

You are going to pay with your arms and legs for the those rims. You would have a better chance on Ebay getting a pair new VW rims or like new.

Perhaps in the negotiation process you could do a swap out, but I know my dealer was less then eager to do so, but who knows, some will though.
  • newcar45newcar45 Posts: 14
    Hi, I'm currently shopping around for a new CC Sport with automatic transmission. I've been checking with various dealers around SoCal and am wondering what prices everyone else has been getting.

Also, I'm curious if it matters whether I should bother driving to a specific dealer that has the color combo I want, or a dealer-trade is the same thing. I remember reading somewhere that it's better to just drive to the dealership that has the car you want versus purchasing it at another dealership and having it delivered.
  • zzt320zzt320 Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I've never leased a car before so I need all the help I can get. I want to know if anyone out there has leased a CC (sport or lux) with nothing down for 36 months (12k or 15k...not 10k).....please give me some concrete #s and tips.

Also, if anyone got really good deals by putting some $$ down I'd like to know too....I can put up to $3000 down but I'd rather not.

Thanks.
  • davelja1davelja1 Posts: 12
    I went to lease, I ended up buying. I pay $403 per month for 60 vs. $329/mo for 36 or $347 for 48 to lease.

However, I'm on my 2nd CC. First one leaked through an unsealed seam and filled with mold. VW replaced it.

Replacement has had Bluetooth failure, now Autohold is dead. Car has all of 1900 miles on it. Love the car, but I'm beginning to question it's quality.
This discussion has been closed.