Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Passat CC Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tslbmwtslbmw Member Posts: 172
    I purchased a Candy White 09 CC Sport 6 spd manual for $25,388 on Sat 7/4 from Greenbrier VW in VA Beach. It took walking away Friday night. They called me 10 mins later and said they were "working" on the deal. The wanted $26,850 or about $750 over invoice. The car had about 500 miles on it, so I figured I should be able to get it for under invoice. Anyway, they called first thing Sat morning and I was driving away in my new CC by noon.

OTD was $25,388 + $762 3% tax + $528 (processing fee/title/tags) = $26,678

I went with the 3.9% financing for 60 months.

Great car! :shades:
  • happyfpgahappyfpga Member Posts: 2
    It looks like a great deal. Any other options come with your new car, satellite radio, etc?
    Thanks! Just two...bluetooth and the chrome exhaust tips.

I really love the car and can't believe I got this much car for $25K. The sport (and even luxury) trim lines have got to be some of the best values on the market right now. Especially if you dig the styling inside and out as much as I do.
    Ok, I was wrong. I went home last night and looked at my window sticker and sure enough, I do have Sirius sat radio ($375) on my car. I've had the car for 11 days and have yet to even push the Sat radio button. Well, I tried it out on the way in to work this morning and bam, I've got Sirius. I've never been a big Sirius (or XM) fan, but it'll be cool to mess with while there is no cost to me.
  • alexupalexup Member Posts: 14
    Question for the board. I am interested in purchasing the 09 CC Sport with manual trann. I love the look of the 18 inch wheels but this option is not offered on this model. Is there a technical reason that would prevent me from adding the larger wheels and how much should I pay the dealer to add the larger wheels?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,737
    You should be able to buy them from the dealer..

However, the price might shock you.... and some dealers aren't too keen on giving you credit for the tires/wheels already on the car...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    You are going to pay with your arms and legs for the those rims. You would have a better chance on Ebay getting a pair new VW rims or like new.

Perhaps in the negotiation process you could do a swap out, but I know my dealer was less then eager to do so, but who knows, some will though.
  • newcar45newcar45 Member Posts: 15
    Hi, I'm currently shopping around for a new CC Sport with automatic transmission. I've been checking with various dealers around SoCal and am wondering what prices everyone else has been getting.

Also, I'm curious if it matters whether I should bother driving to a specific dealer that has the color combo I want, or a dealer-trade is the same thing. I remember reading somewhere that it's better to just drive to the dealership that has the car you want versus purchasing it at another dealership and having it delivered.
  • zzt320zzt320 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I've never leased a car before so I need all the help I can get. I want to know if anyone out there has leased a CC (sport or lux) with nothing down for 36 months (12k or 15k...not 10k).....please give me some concrete #s and tips.

Also, if anyone got really good deals by putting some $$ down I'd like to know too....I can put up to $3000 down but I'd rather not.

Thanks.
  • davelja1davelja1 Member Posts: 12
    I went to lease, I ended up buying. I pay $403 per month for 60 vs. $329/mo for 36 or $347 for 48 to lease.

However, I'm on my 2nd CC. First one leaked through an unsealed seam and filled with mold. VW replaced it.

Replacement has had Bluetooth failure, now Autohold is dead. Car has all of 1900 miles on it. Love the car, but I'm beginning to question it's quality.
  • steweygatzsteweygatz Member Posts: 8
    Im working on a CC Lux now with B.tooth, rubber mat kit, and chrome exhaust tips for $30533 + 6% tax with 4.9% financing. How did you get 3.9%?
    I got Owner's Loyalty and the dealer can get special rates.
    At the time, as well as right now, 36 months was 0%. Extending the payments takes you up to an actual interest rate that's pretty low at longer payment terms.
  • thorsthors Member Posts: 35
    Looking at the 2009 CC Luxury, but dealer has a 2009 V6 4Motion in a color we like, interior we want, loaded (except bluetooth looks like which we really do want and says tech pkg no camera ?? I thought that was part of the tech pkg??) ....sticker says $41,988 sale price $32,000.....new car..... :confuse:

Quote on a Luxury 2.0 turbo CC with Tech Pkg/Bluetooth/ipod conn - $32,386..yea or nay?
    Same without Tech Pkg is $30,697....yea or nay on that one?
    Really do want the backup camera and bluetooth....... :confuse:

Is there currently a $1000 incentive? Dealer also says 3 years free maintenance....

We are looking to purchase.....

Please help - advice needed asap!!

Thanks!
    ;)
    Incentive is at least $500. 3 years maintenance is standard.

The 2.0 turbo is the superior engine. The 4 Mo. w/V-6 is a beautiful car to look at and sit in, but really is going to prove to be less satisfying over the long haul.

If the Lux 2.0 has what you want, I'd do it. I'd do the tech package.

Piece of advice: Don't listen to the dealer's training/delivery talk if they offer one. Read the Owner's Manual on the tech gear.
    thanks for the quick reply and advice.....

I'm thinking maybe I need to try to go another $1000 off the price on the Luxury with tech pkg.....I checked out a website called TrueCar.com someone suggested and love that site......

Besides better mileage, what makes the turbo superior? Some slight differences in what's included......

Thanks for the help!!
  • surfwagon56surfwagon56 Member Posts: 12
    I have a 2.0T Lux, Tech/BT/iPod. The camera is really cool, it washes out in certain lighting conditions but really helps with backing in to a parallel parking spot.

If you really need more power than the 2.0 (I've decided I don't), APR will flash your computer and give you +/- 230hp/280tq for $600, and the mileage stays much better than the VR6. You can even reset it temporarily to stock if you go to the dealer.

I originally went in to buy a black manual trans sport, but was able to get the lux with all the goodies for about $15 a month more. Well worth the extra cost, people can't believe how low my lease is.

Good luck!
    Horsepower isn't the true measure of a vehicle's abilities. Torque propels you forward from stops and allows superior passing abilities.

The 2.0T is a super-torquey engine. It's VW's bread-and-butter engine, and goes into all GTI and GLI models and is the mainstay of the Audi A4.

The V-6 is an older engine. Try them both side by side, but NOT in your average test drive. Take both out on the highway, back-to-back test drives. Punch it! Hard!
    The 2.0T will blow you away with it's gutsiness. It also makes the CC more fun to drive.

The first time my 18-year-old son was in the car with me, I had to punch it. The car shot forward, pinning us to the seat, and the engine roared as it went through it's shifts. He looked at me and said, "What the hell is THAT? Is that YOUR engine? That is so COOL sounding!"

Consider the fact that I lived with an automotive mistake for 7 months before the CC. I had a Buick Lucerne with a 190 hp dog of a 3.8. Now, you're toodling in a car with a 1,000 pounds less weight, superior road-handling, and 200 hp.

Most auto writers will back the 2.0T as well. Apart from the looks and that the car is German, you're buying a car that offers a little fun on demand. If that's not what any of us wanted, we'd all drive Toyotas or Hondas.

Buy what you like, and enjoy it. But in my opinion, the 2.0T is tops.
    Thanks!

I think the 2.0T is enough, but wanted opinions.....It's a deal that's $7900 off original price, so thought to maybe consider for $34,000...

surfwagon56 - what is your lease out of curiosity? Thinking of purchasing, but haven't rules out leasing......what was the final sales figure...sounds like exactly the same I'm looking for....quote I have is $32,386 and w/o tech $30,697.....

Thanks for the help! ;)
    I didn't lease, I bought. A year more in payments, about $50 more a month, I own the car. Dealer discounted car to $28,016 from $29,964, then I got $500 owner loyalty, and a 3.9% rate from VW. Payment is $403/mo for 60. For the heck of it, I checked the trade-in price today for the car - $26,840 at Kelly Blue Book. I made 4 payments and owe only $22,900 (I put money down of course.)
  • surfwagon56surfwagon56 Member Posts: 12
    '09 Lux (auto of course, unfortunately): Original sticker price: $36,135 (tech w/ camera, BT, exhaust tips)

Leased April 16th in CA (8.25% tax rate)

$2000 down, $408/month for 36 months, 30K miles (I live 2.7 miles from work so miles will be plenty)

Gross cap cost $31,158
    Cap. cost reductions 1193.17 (part of the $2000 down)
    Adjusted cap cost $29,964

$32.3 sounds a little high, I think you can do better. I was going to purchase a black manual Sport, but the lease deal on the Lux was killer and I tire of cars quickly, we leased the CC.

Good luck!
  • chris_txchris_tx Member Posts: 15
    I bought my 09 CC VR6 with tech package last week for $8750 off MSRP. Added bluetooth (Volk-L, which is what the dealer can install) for $450. Note that there was an early 2009 change in the tech package that added the backup camera and something like $1000 to the price (combined with price increase all models saw). So if you don't need the backup camera, you can save quite a bit. Mine was a 12/08 build, so doesn't have the camera, and I don't miss it. With the backup sensors and tilt-down passenger mirror, I'm not sure what else is needed to help park the car, LOL.

My previous car was an 06 VW GLI, which has the 2.0T engine. I really liked that engine, it was fantastic in the GLI. I didn't even bother with test driving a CC with the 2.0T because I wanted the 18" wheels and HIDs, and you can't get those with the smaller engine. I really like the smoothness of the V6, and my gas mileage (car has 300 miles on it now) has been decent, with highway in the mid 20's.

Let me add that the selection is dwindling fast. I didn't have much in the way of color selection (in Houston), nor build date (later=better, IMO), so you don't want to think about it too long. The car was far too expensive at MSRP, but these are incredible deals!
    Very much appreciate the info ...... I had a back-up camera and do like that feature, so thinking to go w/ the tech....will research a little more if the $32... sounds high for the 2.0T Lux w/ BT/iPod conn/Tech....like that $403 payment...what was your final financed price after your ownership loyalty and $ down? Since we're coming to the end of the month, how much do you think they would be willing to go?
    Before taxes and fees, I paid 32,750 for the VR6 with old tech package. If you are close with the 2.0T, then the extra features of the VR6 should be enough to justify it over the 2.0T, IMO.

I didn't finance, so it wasn't an issue. My credit union was offering 3.7% for up to 66 months, though, so that would be hard for any dealer to beat. You won't get the cash off the MRSP AND good financing from the dealer, it is one or the other.
    Chris_tx...

Thanks for the info...now I realize about the 2 different tech packages, so guess this is the older one as well.....so their current offer of $34 and change is too high.....figured as much on the either or for the cash back / financing...my credit union is a bit higher than yours, but still lower than what I have heard so far, so will double check that......

Thanks!! ;)
    $34k for the VR6 is only a ~$7500 reduction from MSRP. They need to add $500-1000 to that number. Shop around as I found some dealers had better deals than others.
    From reading, gathered that so will definitely shop around......

Thanks!!
    ;)
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Was walking the lots today and noticed that the '10 CC Sport sticker said 22city/31hwy. The '09 Sport was 19city/29hwy. That is a huge difference. Same engine and tranny. EPA didn't change computations since '08. Does anyone know why this would be???
    Yep. Go back and check the '09 against the '10. According to my dealer, the '10 has these changes: badging where there was none; a touch screen radio vs. buttons; AND the DSG transmission in place of the 6 speed automatic.

However, there is one other possibility. It got retested. Following other forums, the average combined mileage is about 29 mpg. Some have gotten highway of upwards of 37 mpg with 26 mpg around town for '09 models. I've had an ongoing similar experience where I'm getting a tank rang reading of 585 miles at fill up. If it's 18 gallons of fuel, dividing 585 by 18 gets me 32.5 mpg average.

I'm guessing you looked at auto trannies. So, I'm going with my first shot. As for the DSG tranny, based on all of the recent recalls, no thanks. I would kind of like the badges though as I'm bloody well sick of people standing by my car asking me what the heck it is.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Aha. It's probably the DSG as you point out. I did notice the DSG as an option listed on the sticker and forgot that the 09 had the 6 speed auto. Didn't realize it would make that big of difference in MPG. I kind of agree about the DSG. Concerns about it's long term viability have been voiced quite a bit even before the recent recall.
  • micosilvermicosilver Member Posts: 212
    First, most 2010 VW's get a better mileage, mainly because of better programming of the engine.
    Specifically regarding CC - 2010 CC 2.0T gets DSG transmission, which is much more efficient
  • quickreplyquickreply Member Posts: 43
    I went by my local dealer and they have two 2009 (one sport, one lux) 2.0s available. I'm curious if anyone has purchased a 2009 recently, and if so, what kind of price were you able to negotiate. I'm not interested in leasing, just finance or outright purchase.

I've already seen a new 2010 recently advertised at another VW dealership for $3850 off of MSRP, so I have to think an '09 would be discounted down to $5K or $6K off of MSRP.

Please share your experience.

I know the VR6s were heavily discounted recently; I'm interested only in the 2.0. Thanks in advance.
  • mike_in_austinmike_in_austin Member Posts: 5
    Just bought a 2010 Iron Grey CC Sport 2.0T DSG AT with black leather, with iPod Integration ($199), mats, and chrome tips ($299). With $800 Destination, sticker was $30,158. They worked with me down to $27,600, + TTL. Financed at 1.9%. I am satisfied. They had sold 4 the day I was there.
  • kaliforniakkaliforniak Member Posts: 51
    Hey guys I'm looking to buy a new car at the end of the year and I want to start my "homework"asap. I'm hoping you guys remember what kinds of discounts were available for the CC at the end of 2009. I think Luxury + NAV is going to be the trim I want.

Thanks!
  • chinahandchinahand Member Posts: 1
    "Sign & drive" lease or 1.9% financing. There were some $1,500 discounts on 2009 models. That's about it on the CC from memory.
    I bought my CC for about $27,800.00 w/out any trade on a $30,300 sticker.. (I already swapped it for a Tiguan too) The CC, while a great car, hasn't caught on as everyone thought it would. VW wants to move these and deals can be had by sticking to your guns on what you are willing to pay. Keep in mind that you can tag a better price by using the dealer and VW for financing as the dealer has more upfront cash available to them this way.

Also, realize that the higher end CCs are pushing into Audi territory, and you can get a nice A4 for about the same money as a mid-range CC. Add to this the fact that Audi is bringing the A5 4 door, essentially a high-end CC competitor from the same parent company, and you can build yourself a pretty nice deal.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Also, the CC is already limited in its 5th seat, which is a big issue for me! I understand the concept, but limits its buyers. I totally think it could still get by with a 5th seat! It is noted that the regular passat is very much overpriced now! When its becoming more old in concept. If they had redone the interior a little bit better on the regular passat, that would have been the car for me. But too many harsh looking materials and weird looking seats. The CC is just a very classy looking car when compared to the interior of the regular passat! Also, you cannot open the sunroof on the CC.....that is a big issue!!

I am not sure why they are holding the prices up so high on the regular passat. Seems to me you can get a CC for cheaper!
    I guess that's why there aren't that many CCs in my local dealers. I think one of them has 7 and that's the most from a single dealer. There is one in the parking lot where I work and it's just so beautiful in black.

By the way, a friend who recently purchased an A4 says you can add the Navigation system after you purchase the car but I thought that's a factory option not a dealer one.I am a bit concerned sine there aren't that many (if any at all) CC w/Nav in my area.

Thanks!
    I can't speak for the A4, but I can address the CC (and any other VW). You can pull the radio you get and replace with a VW radio w/Nav. Not cheap, by any means. However, consider the fact that you can pop the original radio (2010 are all touch screens) and get a good buck for it, thereby reducing the costs. Also there's a VW lookalike radio w/Nav on ebay. Very inexpensive, but it's not the radio VW uses which was co-developed by them with Siemens.
  • bronsonbbronsonb Member Posts: 170
    We bought our 2009 VW CC VR6 at the end of the year and got 9K- 10K off the price because it had been on the lot for the year. The VR6s are pricey, so they don't move as well. We'd have never paid 39K for the car, but we paid 29K, which was a good deal. My wife really liked the VR6 more than the 4 cylinder turbo.

And so far, we're very happy with the car. No problems at all. I am just trying to keep the rugrats from dinging the doors ;-) (so far, we've been lucky on that count..rugrats must exit all vehicles OUTSIDE of the garage, and then mom and dad pull cars into the garage to avoid kids dinging one car or the other).
    Thanks Bronson that's really encouraging for me! Can you tell me what month you made the purchase and what incentives were available? I'm under the impression that both the Lux and VR6 models are harder to move.
    Hi Kaliforniak - sorry for the delayed response. We purchased our CC on December 12, 2009. It was advertised at 10K off of MSRP. It was the ONLY VR6 the dealer had on the lot, and it had been there all of 2009, and I know they wanted to move it quickly.

Fact is that the car retailed for almost 40K, and there's no way we would pay that for a VW just yet. But 29K was worth it for the car with all it came with. I looked at the dealer's Web site, and it looks like they only have 1 2010 VR6 on the lot and bunches of the 4 cylinders. Looks like December is a good time to get a VR6 :)
    Thank you Bronson! Don't worry about replying late, it's not like I want to buy one now. I think there are about 5-7 VR6s within 50 miles of me so I'll be keeping an close eye on them.

What kind of mileage are you getting on your VR6? I'm only getting 13-15 cities on my 2.3L Mazda 6 which is ridiculous. It might be the way I drive but that kind of mileage on a 4cyl is pretty bad regardless. I imagine you get something better with the VR6.
    We're not doing too badly with the MPG on the VR6 CC. In the city, my wife is getting lower MPG, around 17 - 20 MPG. Our old Passat V6 would do a little better than that though. However, I took the CC on a two hour highway trip last Friday, and I got 27 MPG and above the entire trip. Never got it all the way to 28 MPG, but I got close.

Our V6 Passat would get 32 MPG on the highway easily, but I was happy with the VR6 MPG considering the power the engine has. It was quite nice passing slow pokes. And then every now and then some poser in a Honda Civic would come up behind me and ride my bumper, so I'd goose the engine and leave them in the dust...get 1/2 mile ahead, and drop back down to a little above the speed limit ;-). Shame on me!
  • lastory1lastory1 Member Posts: 8
    I just purchased a silver CC Sport R-line in California for $1,500 below invoice, 0 down and 0% for 60 months. Great deal!
  • mike_in_austinmike_in_austin Member Posts: 5
    Congrats. But I thought the national offer was 0.9% if you got it through VW?

VW financing is very aggressive. It must be from all that cash they had by squeezing the shorts on the Porsche stock debacle.
  • mj_lmj_l Member Posts: 1
    Hey lastory1,

That was really great deal. I am looking for a CC R-line in LA.
    If you purchased that car in Los Angeles or near here, please let me know the dealer by e-mail. Here is my e-mail : [email protected]
    Thanks!
  • dk90212dk90212 Member Posts: 2
    Don't know if you're still looking, but Pacific VW in Hawthorne (South Bay LA) had an R-Line or two in stock when I was there over the weeknd. Hope this helps.
  • lovinlexilovinlexi Member Posts: 1
    I am closing a deal on the CC Sport with iPOD MDI, Rubber Mats and Chrome tips for $29,900 out the door using 8.75% (California riverside county taxes) With 0% interest for 5 years. Is this a good deal? Please help. We want to buy tonight or tomorrow at the latest.
    I would recommend that you take a look at Ontario VW and Capistrano VW. They have sport models starting around 25K. The interest rate might be higher but your overall cost over the years shouldn't be far off.
This discussion has been closed.