Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Passat CC Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi texaskiwi. In November Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive plus the waiver of the first month's payment on leases of the 2012 CC through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • donjcdonjc Posts: 4
    Hello I am new to VW and needed some basic information VW lease.

1. What is the range of allowed mileage/year 10k, 12k, 15k?
    2. Any security deposits requirement?
  • Hi donjc. Volkswagen Credit leases vehicles with all of the mileage allowances that you mentioned.

Right now, consumers who lease a Volkswagen do not have to pay a security deposit or first month's payment as part of its "Sign Then Drive" sales event.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the info.
    I wont be able to lease the vehicle till december, due to time constraints. Do you think that the current deal will change for Dec?
  • hintzhintz Posts: 53
    We just leased a 2012 cc sport
    0 down 0 security 0 payment
    35 payments of 295 including tax
    12k per year.
    Dealer fee and tag due at signing
    Was a deal couldn't pass up
    Light mocha metallic with cornsilk/ black
    Does anyone have the lease rate (MF, Residual%)for a
    1.Passat SE, 10K miles, 36Months
    2.CC Sport, 10K miles, 36Months

Also, is there any cash incentives for Dec?
  • You're welcome donjc. I believe that the December program is essentially the same as the November program was.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go donjc. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Passat Sedan SE with 10,000 miles per year are .00049 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 CC Sport would be .00028 and 54%.

Volkswagen is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the Passat and $1,250 on the CC. Of course, VW is waiving the first month's payment on leases of both of these cars right now as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • jgirl6jgirl6 Posts: 18
    JANUARY - 2012 RATES for VW CREDIT:

2012 VOLKSWAGEN CC SPORT AT
    36month | 12k miles | residual ??? % | .???? base money factor and is it correct for the interest rate multiply it by 2400 ?

There is $ ???? dealer cash for 2012 models. Looking to purchase in the next 2 weeks.
    The lease on my 2009 Jetta, Wolfsburg 6 speed manual 30k miles and dealers seem to be very interested in me turning this car in. Do not know what my car would sell for retail ??

Thanks
    Jennegirl
  • Hi Jennegirl. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Volkswagen CC Sport AT with 12,000 miles per year are .00012 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You are correct, you can convert a money factor into an approximate interest rate equivalent by multiplying it by 2400.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you car_man
    Trying to decide on a car, just test drove the 2012 Hyundai Sonata Se with 2.0 liter turbo, automatic, no navigation. Offering 0 down ,289/month 15k/year 36 months and will take my Jetta lease as is - I have some scrapes on the bumper and needs a tire. Dealer said the car would be 23k and change. Not sure if this is a good deal. I am on Long Island, in NY. Going to look at the cc again see what I can do with them too. Don't know if, in love with the Sonata, it was ok.

ps thanks for the confirmation on the money factor on Hyundai its .0019 do I multiply that by 2,400 too (or is it different when number only has 2 zeros)

Again Thank you for your help
    Hi Car_man I was considering the 2012 Hyundai Sonata SE but just didnt know, the price was right. I went to VW test drove the new 2012 CC and realized I just wouldn't have been happy with the Sonata.

I am looking at a 36 month lease, 15k for the CC Sport with a 6 speed manual. tax, tags, title, and 1 st month at signing (2282.00) in NY with a $315 a month payment. Is this a good deal??? and have qualified for top tier credit.

mf was the .00012 you spoke of and residual at approximately 50%.

I have not signed the lease as of yet but always leary when it comes to leasing/buying cars
  • Hi jgirl6. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted look good. Do you know what this car's MSRP and selling price are? The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    The MSRP = $28,515 add the destination charge $820 and CC protection + It works out to be = $29,690 The Adjusted Capitalized Cost = $26,008.70
    Amount I paid at lease signing and delivery was only the inception costs: NY sales tax (1st payment, registration fees, acquisition fee (625.00), document fee (75.00), waste tire fee (12.50)
    36month lease 15k per year payment =$315

I saw that someone was able to get $295 inc taxes but that was in December. I was hoping I could get the number closer to that but not sure that would have been possible, they also brought the car in from another dealership they did not have any manuals or the colors I liked

Let me know if I negotiated a good deal As all ways thanks carman
  • Hey jgirl6. The selling price that you were quoted looks good to me. This looks like a pretty good deal for February. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • pilotman5pilotman5 Posts: 20
    Hi,

Can you please post March 2012 lease rate for VW Passat CC Sport with Lighting Package with auto trans, 15,000 miles per year and 36 months?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here you go pilotman5. Volkswagen Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CC Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00009 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • club241club241 Posts: 3
    Could you provide lease rates for a 2013 vw cc lux 15,000 /year 36 months?
  • bman44bman44 Posts: 4
    Car Man,
    Can you please provide the MF and Residual for the 2012 CC Sport for the month of April?
    Also, are there any cash incentives? If so what is it for the 2012 CC Sport?
    Thanks
  • Car man - what is a good lease option on the 2013 CC.
    I am interested in a manual option with MSRP of about $29,000. MF is pretty good still but having difficulty in pinning down what should be a good deal.
    Appricate some input.
  • vdubbiavdubbia Posts: 3
    I bought a 2012 VW CC Sport, sticker was $30,300. 10 Months later, with only 15k miles on the car I wanted to trade it in and no one would give me more than $18.5k for it. I understand that the car depreciates as soon as you drive it off the lot, but losing almost 45% of it's value in less than 12 months was shocking to me. Make sure you use the tools available online to see what your purchase is going to be worth after 5 years. The 2012 CC comes in at just over $7k and is rated one of the most expensive cars to own over 5 years. Just a bit of sage advice from a long time VW owner and a disappointed one now. I did wind up making a deal that got me well above book, but it took a lot of work and dealing with multiple dealerships to do so.
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 262
    Interesting, how did you manage to get "well above book" deal? Put a gun to sales manager's head?
  • chad75chad75 Posts: 19
    edited August 2012
    Car-Man, do you have lease factors (MF & residual) available for the outgoing 2012 CC Sport R-line, manual transmission, 12k mi/yr for 3 yrs, along with any available incentives? Zip 33901. I know that VW is trying hard to dump their 2012 supplies!

Thank you!
    Hi lenegotiator. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you should be able to get this car for pretty close to dealer invoice (perhaps a couple hundred dollars over) minus the available cash incentives, which is $2,000 on the '13 base 2.0T model.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do chad75. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CC Sport R-Line with 12,000 miles per year are .00002 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks, Car_Man!
    You're very welcome chad75.

Car_man
    Host
  • kerbkerb Posts: 86
    Greetings Car_Man:

Could you kindly provide the buy rate and residual for the above referenced vehicle as it relates to a 36 month/10k mile lease as well as a 36 month/12k mile lease.

Many Thanks.
    edited August 2012
    Car-Man,

Thanks for all your help with lease factors... just signed the papers on a 2013 CC Sport, lighting package, manual. 36 months, 10k miles/year. I'm confident we got a GREAT deal, so I'd like you to give me your opinion:

Local dealership offering special that ended August 31, CC Sport w/ lighting, automatic, for $269.99/month, zero down, zero security deposit.

I contacted them, said I would be interested in a manual, if they would offer reduction for manual vs. automatic. MSRP for automatic $1,100 more than manual, so I said, I'd be paying about 45% of that difference in depreciation, so let's take $495 off ($1,100 x 45%), and spread that out over the 36 months for $13 less on the monthly payments. They agreed, so my payments were $256 + tax = about $271/month.

What caught me off guard were the Dealer/Documentation fees ($599) and the Acquisition fees ($625).

So what we arranged at the end of the deal was: I paid $1,500 up front for Dealer/Acq./Gov't/Tag fees + first month's payment, followed by 35 subsequent monthly payments of $279.91.

I think I got a great deal, but again, I was REALLY caught off guard by the big Dealer & Acq. fees... are these fees pretty ballpark for dealerships? It's been 10 years since I bought my last new car from a dealership, and this is my first LEASE.

Any thoughts?