Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Passat CC Lease Questions

Comments

• Excellent choice, daeNeedACar. I suppose that it's not that surprising that the most expensive of the CCs is also the best, but I love the V6 4Motion. It has a ton more power than the 4-cylinder model and the AWD eliminates the small hint of torque steer that the 2WD model has.

Volkswagen's lease program for this car varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC VR6 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00116 and 47%, respectively.

I am not all that familiar with what others have been paying for this model right now, but I can tell you that Volkswagen just introduced a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of it through VW Credit last week. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your deal. You might be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this car right now by visiting the "Volkswagen Passat CC Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Good luck and if you pull the trigger on this car make sure to stop back and let us all know what you think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi zenberg1. Yep, Volkswagen just introduced a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2009 CC through VW Credit last week. Here's the info that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC VR6 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00116 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • first time poster but this may have just saved me some money car man. I test drove a VR6 Sport yesterday. 36 mos lease with 15k miles with $5K down came to $619 / month. I left it to go do some research as first time leaser. Using the money factors you quote above and the RV of 47% i get to around $540 / mth rather than the $619 they quoted me.

Unless im missing something the dealer may have been trying to stiff me. :surprise:
  • Hello... first time poster here. I'm hoping to pick up a CC Sport, Auto, Sirius and no other options in the next couple of days. Would you happen to know the current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month/10,000 mile lease? Thanks so much for all your contribution to this forum!!!
  • I know I just asked for the lease rates, however I see that VW just dropped their payment another $30 on the CC special on their website...down to $299. Does this mean that the money factor dropped as well?

car_man - Do you have the latest numbers? Sport and Luxury (automatic, 12k, 36 mo.)

I really would like to pull the trigger in the next couple of days.

Thanks.
  • Be careful KM...I noticed they did drop the lease special but also went from 12k miles a year to 10k if you read the fine print. I think utlimately its the same exact "deal" as last month, just a bit off to make it see more attractive. If you need 12k it will probably come out the same price...maybe $10 less depending on what they charge for up front mileage.
  • Thanks Car_man - you nailed it - 15,000 miles per year and 36 month lease. I'm seeing folks getting CCs below invoice on the "Volkswagen Passat CC Prices Paid and Buying Experience" forum but not sure if that is for a VR6 4motion. Just drove it tonight for the first time. I was impressed. Trying to decide whether or not to keep my 2006 BMW 530xiT wagon, lease a 2009 BMW 528xi sedan, a 2009 Genesis 4.6L, or the CC VR6 4motion. What a tough decision... Your forum is extremely helpful.

Interesting tidbit - because the CC VR6 4motion has a residual of 47% and the CC VR6 Sport has a residual of 45% (both low but maybe accurate), the more expensive 4motion leases for less than the sport.
  • Hello all, my first post. My lease is up in 90 days and I am looking at 3 cars and one of them is the VW CC. Using the autobytel site through a dealer 150 mi from where I live in Calif. I was quoted in writing on a CC Sport automatic (no other options) 36 mo. lease, 15k mi per year, zero out of pocket, $391 per month plus tax. They claim this is $2,159 below MSRP. Hope this is helpful.
  • Welcome QuickB5. Here's the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC 4-cylinder Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00124 and 56%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that VW introduced on leases of it in late January into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi km5377. I believe that Volkswagen's February lease money factors for the CC are the same as they were in January. The main difference in its program is that in late January, Volkswagen introduced a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of it through VW Credit.

Here is the lease program again so you can make sure that it is the same.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC 4-cylinder Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00124 and 55%. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 CC 4-cylinder Luxury are .00124 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome, daeNeedACar. Now if I could only guess lottery numbers like that, I'd be in business :).

Car_man
    Host
  • Used emunds to price around like a fiend. Please comment on this deal:

2009 CC Sport - auto - sirius
    20k miles a year lease, 36 months.

MSRP $28955
    Sell Price $25042 , which includes all rebates
    Other fees (registration, doc, bank etc. ) $876
    Money rate .00124 and residual at 45% *(adjusted to reflect 20k miles)

$1500 out of pocket.
    roughly $409 a month

Good deal?
  • kaysidkaysid Posts: 27
    Car Man et al,

Firstly thanks to your input and feedback from other members, these forums are priceless in terms of knowledge gained by the consumer when negotiating a deal.
    I leased a 2009 CC Black on Black, 6MT Sport with Sirius Radio. 36 months 10k year, which is enough miles for me. Took advantage of the customer cash incentive also.
    Here is the breakdown.

msrp 27915
    invoice 26046
    selling price 24973
    1000 cap cost reduction = 23973
    35 month payments of $281 excl 7% NJ Tax

Inception costs:
    First months payment $281
    Acq Fee $575
    Title $187
    Doc Fee $ 189
    NJ Tire Fee $7.50
    Total $1232
    This car is amazing, my first stick shift after 12 years..I feel young again :)
  • Car_Man , can you help me calculate if this deal is coming out the right number please :

2009 CC Sport *auto*Sirius
    MSRP $28955
    Sell $25042
    $2500 out the door/out of pocket
    20k miles a year @ $.15 each, residual is 45% adjusted for this mileage
    lease includes $878 in doc fees and registration etc.
    money factor was .00124
    Their number came to $379 a month. NJ pays tax up front also. I appreciate your help
  • kaysidkaysid Posts: 27
    pinlsnyper,

I just looked at your deal using a lease calculator and based on your msrp, selling price, assuming zero cap cost reduction. i.e. the out of pocket amounts are not used towards reducing the selling price then you payment based on the lower residual does indeed come out to $380 a month. This is without taxes but you said
    you are paying these up-front. Please note in NJ you do not have to pay tax up front
    if you dont want to. I had it added to my monthly payment. Hope that helps..
  • Just leased an 09 VW CC Luxury Package with Navigation. Here's the deal:

MSRP: $34670
    Invoice: $33278
    Rebates: $2000 ($1000 for CC, $1000 for Lux package)
    = 31278
    Selling price: $30600
    MF: .00124
    Res: 51%

$1000 Cap Cost reduction
    Lease Payment: $389.89 - 12K miles/3 years
    Paid $1200 tax upfront, first payment, and $575 bank fee for a total of $3311 DAS.
    Also traded an 06 Passat (Package 2) with Nav, 36K miles for $13,000.

Good deal?
  • Camrlendy,
    I see in your post a '$2000' rebate?? I was only aware of $1000 lease cash. Is there another $1000 available for the Luxury trim now?? I'd appreciate your response, I'm looking to lease this bad boy asap and this would sure help me afford it! :)

Also, I live in OH - where do I find out if I have to pay tax upfront or if I can have it added into the payments?
    Enjoy your new ride! Thanks a bunch!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,692
    Ohio charges the sales tax upfront.. But, you don't have to pay it upfront. It can always be rolled into the CAP cost, and paid over the term of the lease.

In fact, most lessees do it that way.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• The dealer told me there was $1000 lease cash for the CC and another $1000 for the luxury. I've seen it somewhere online and the dealer showed us in their VW documets that both rebates were good. I thought there was an additional 500 for loyalty but apparently it does not apply to the CC.

I paid the tax upfront on my own.
  • That's good info. Thanks!

Anyone know the Residual Value on the CC Lux (no navi)? 36mo/15k
    I've been hearing 49% and 51% - which one is it? Is this negotiable/who determines it?

Thank you!!