Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Passat CC Lease Questions

Comments

• Car man - what is a good lease option on the 2013 CC.
    I am interested in a manual option with MSRP of about $29,000. MF is pretty good still but having difficulty in pinning down what should be a good deal.
    Appricate some input.
  • vdubbiavdubbia Posts: 3
    I bought a 2012 VW CC Sport, sticker was $30,300. 10 Months later, with only 15k miles on the car I wanted to trade it in and no one would give me more than $18.5k for it. I understand that the car depreciates as soon as you drive it off the lot, but losing almost 45% of it's value in less than 12 months was shocking to me. Make sure you use the tools available online to see what your purchase is going to be worth after 5 years. The 2012 CC comes in at just over $7k and is rated one of the most expensive cars to own over 5 years. Just a bit of sage advice from a long time VW owner and a disappointed one now. I did wind up making a deal that got me well above book, but it took a lot of work and dealing with multiple dealerships to do so.
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 262
    Interesting, how did you manage to get "well above book" deal? Put a gun to sales manager's head?
  • chad75chad75 Posts: 19
    edited August 2012
    Car-Man, do you have lease factors (MF & residual) available for the outgoing 2012 CC Sport R-line, manual transmission, 12k mi/yr for 3 yrs, along with any available incentives? Zip 33901. I know that VW is trying hard to dump their 2012 supplies!

Thank you!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi lenegotiator. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you should be able to get this car for pretty close to dealer invoice (perhaps a couple hundred dollars over) minus the available cash incentives, which is $2,000 on the '13 base 2.0T model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I certainly do chad75. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CC Sport R-Line with 12,000 miles per year are .00002 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks, Car_Man!
    You're very welcome chad75.

Car_man
    Host
  • kerbkerb Posts: 86
    Greetings Car_Man:

Could you kindly provide the buy rate and residual for the above referenced vehicle as it relates to a 36 month/10k mile lease as well as a 36 month/12k mile lease.

Many Thanks.
    edited August 2012
    Car-Man,

Thanks for all your help with lease factors... just signed the papers on a 2013 CC Sport, lighting package, manual. 36 months, 10k miles/year. I'm confident we got a GREAT deal, so I'd like you to give me your opinion:

Local dealership offering special that ended August 31, CC Sport w/ lighting, automatic, for $269.99/month, zero down, zero security deposit.

I contacted them, said I would be interested in a manual, if they would offer reduction for manual vs. automatic. MSRP for automatic $1,100 more than manual, so I said, I'd be paying about 45% of that difference in depreciation, so let's take $495 off ($1,100 x 45%), and spread that out over the 36 months for $13 less on the monthly payments. They agreed, so my payments were $256 + tax = about $271/month.

What caught me off guard were the Dealer/Documentation fees ($599) and the Acquisition fees ($625).

So what we arranged at the end of the deal was: I paid $1,500 up front for Dealer/Acq./Gov't/Tag fees + first month's payment, followed by 35 subsequent monthly payments of $279.91.

I think I got a great deal, but again, I was REALLY caught off guard by the big Dealer & Acq. fees... are these fees pretty ballpark for dealerships? It's been 10 years since I bought my last new car from a dealership, and this is my first LEASE.

Any thoughts?
  • tw1vwtw1vw Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man!

Thanks for all of your help here. Can you provide details for leasing a 2013 VR6 Executive, no options?

MSRP: 42,240
    Invoice: 40,541

I have read there is a $2500 incentive for CC leases as well. Can you confirm that I would subtract this from the cap cost?

Thanks!
  • ahashmiahashmi Posts: 67
    Car_Man,

What is the CC Residual and MF for CC Sport w/ LED for 36 month, 12k mi/yr?
  • I'd be happy to help you out kerb. Through September 4th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome tw1vw. Through September 4th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC VR6 Executive with 15,000 miles per year are .00001 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

What you heard about the $2,500 cash incentive is correct. Negotiate the lowest possible selling price that you can (as close to dealer invoice as possible) and then have the dealer subtract any available cash incentives from that.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi ahashmi. Through September 4th, Volkswagen Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • kerbkerb Posts: 86
    Many thanks Car_Man!
  • Hi Car_Man,

Would you please kindly help me figure out what the A tier, B-Tier and C-Tier money factors are for a 2013 VW CC Sport plus Automatic are (September deal)? Im also wondering what the residual is at being at either 10k or 12k miles a year.

Thanks a bunch Car_Man!
  • You're very welcome kerb.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi steve2k7. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 CC Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00012 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

I'm not sure what the rates for other credit tiers are, I'll see what I can find out.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks a bunch Car_man! I just signed up on a new lease. Was able to get 3,000 behind invoice! Great help and great deal!