Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Jimmy Heating and Air Conditioning Problems

124»

Comments

• eeareear Posts: 1
    I have a 1996 Jimmy. After replacing the stereo in my dash today, I noticed the climate control has no effect on the temperature of the vented air. Switching from defrost to dash to floor works as expected, just the temperature is stuck on heat. I suspect I did something in the dash when replacing the stereo, I would be surprised if the heat actuator went out at the exact same time I was moving things around.
  • mpastormpastor Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Blend door keeps moving from hot to cold, tried replacing blend door actuator, and the unit in the dash, tried to rest the computer as well, still doing the same thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks
  • tysailor24tysailor24 Posts: 2
    I'm having issues with the air conditioning/heating system. When I have on AC or MAX AC, I get hardly any air from the ports above the stereo. However, I get decent flow from the vents at the windshield...like I have it turned on Defrost. Anybody know what the problem could be?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,100
    tysailor24,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. I apologize for your frustrations. I would recommend speaking with the dealer. They are in the best position to diagnosis your vehicle. Please let me know how things go at the dealer.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • vvailvvail Posts: 1
    My 97 Jimmy blower won't turn off with key and with key off windows still work. I replaced the ign switch and still the same. Key off, ign switch unpluged fan and windows still work no other light are on and nothing else works
  • My 2001 jimmy has ice cold air in the morning and when I drive for about 20 minutes it starts getting warm if I stop for 5 to 10 minutes and restart will not get cold I leave it overnight and next morning it is ice cold this happens every day same thing ice cold in morning and that 20 minutes later warm any ideas.
  • On my 1997 jimmy my air condition compressor keep coming on even when I cut on my heat you can hear the compressor clutch turn on and off,and also do the clutch suppose to keep clicking off and on. :confuse:
  • jhillyjhilly Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    2000 Jimmy. My ac started blowing only cold air. I had some guy in front of autozone (?....seemed logical at the time) change the thermostat, flush the radiator, and add antifreeze (green?). The heat worked for a couple days, but when i was at a light the engine would shake and the lights would flicker. Car stopped a couple of times, but started right back on ignition. The heat eventually stopped again. I took it to a proper shop and he added antifreeze (said i needed a different brand/color?) and said i had a leak he could fix and to bring it back a couple days later. The new antifreeze worked. Heat came back and the shaking and flickering stopped. But in those couple of days the heat stopped again (shaking and flickering hasn't returned). I took it upon myself to add antifreeze until i could get back to shop. Some antifreeze worked (prestone 5050) some didn't (Peak). But it leaks after the car is running for a few minutes, not when i initially put it in. A gallon usually lasts for about an hour. Furthermore now the car overheats and smokes after about twenty minutes on the road. Lastly, i hear a gurgling sound behind the dash.

Just left it at the shop. Mechanic says i need to have the gaskets replaced for $500. Does this sound right? Is the price right? Just dropped $500 on catalytic converter replacement. wondering if repair is worth it or should i cut my losses.
  • noshow88noshow88 Posts: 1
    Wont blow hot air on defrost/heater cycle.
124»