Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder - No heat

clout81clout81 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Nissan
I have a 2005 Pathfinder with 32K miles, and now just over a month past the warranty. The heat just stopped working so I brought it to the dealer and I was informed that they have to replace a hose that costs $235. The problem is that they have to remove one side of the body to replace this hose at a cost of over 1400.00!! Now really, this should be covered under warranty? Did I just get the lemon of the production line?? Like everyone else, this Pathfinder also has an issue with the tire pressure warning light as well - even with brand new tires.

Comments

• JOCOBJOCOB Member Posts: 2
    Hi I have the same problem it did start happening after they replaced the transmission under the warranty and they are saying this part is not covered under the warranty while I did bought an extended warranty to 100 thousend miles , what did you do can send me and E-mail if you where able to find a solution o this heat issue
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    can send me and E-mail if you where able to find a solution o this heat issue

It would be better to post the solution right here so everyone can benefit. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • joe05joe05 Member Posts: 11
    I just this message on another post:

I had the same problem in my 06 Pathfinder, only it was occurring when the temps didn't get above -10 fahrenheit. I took the vehicle to a Nissan dealer and they diagnosed as the heater hose was seeping, and all it needed was a repositioning of the clamp, and then air bled from the system.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Thanks, Joe! That's a nice, simple and inexpensive solution, just the way I like it. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
This discussion has been closed.