Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo DIM

akerrakerr Posts: 4
edited April 2014 in Volvo
What is a DIM, where is it located, what does it do... how would you know if it needed to be replaced? Any information would be helpful, thanks!

Best Regards

Comments

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,059
    That would be the Driver Information Module which controls your instrument panel.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • akerrakerr Posts: 4
    Thanks!
    Thanks! I was having some difficulty finding the part on-line. Thought that I had made a mistake. I am not too farmiliar with the Volvo XC90, mostly 740 & 760 T's. I gave up trying to resolve the matter on my own... car is in the shop today, they are replacing the DIM for about $1600...fun, fun, fun! I hope this resolves the problems I am having, I definately have my doubts!
    they are replacing the DIM for about $1600

Ouch! For that kind of money I sure hope it works.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Yup!! And right before my 105,000 check up and replace rear rotors/pads...all in all $2800 in repairs in two weeks... not a good thing before the holidays. I picked up my car today, so far so good. I noticed that on the work order form there is a note that if the SRS light comes on again, the passenger curtain may need to be replaced! I also noticed for some reason when they replaced the DIM my average MPG, speed, etc are all wrong. It most have wiped out the old info... I think that is rather odd, you would thing they would put the info back in... or so I would think. Here's hoping all is going to go well. I have always loved my Volvos, first time XC90 owner... looks like I am going shopping for a new car next year... yet another XC90. Not that I have had any issues with this car so far, but I understand that this might be a tell tale sign of things yet to come. I miss the old days when you could keep a car for a long time and rack up the miles & memories. My 740 T had 550,000 on it when I finally let her go... it was a sad day!
    you would thin[k] they would put the info back in

I don't know if that is even possible. The new system should settle down to the correct stats fairly quickly.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
This discussion has been closed.
Volvo DIM - Car Forums at Edmunds.com