Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

97 Grand Cherokee Limited Failed Emission

galtinbaygaltinbay Member Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Jeep
I just bought this car from a dealer and took it for Emission but ended up driving it for 300 miles in order have the system reset it self to be tested the by the emission station. it still tells me that system is not ready to be tested. has anyone had this problem before? The vehicle is in great shape..it has a new cat. converter and o2 sensor too....please help if anyones knows what that is

Comments

• tuggajbtuggajb Member Posts: 646
    what did the emision tester say that was off ?
  • galtinbaygaltinbay Member Posts: 3
    they did not tell me anything specific yet. i can see why it is not reading it because someone unplugged or cut some wires off so the engine light would not come on. they just wished me good luck...do you know anything about it?
  • tuggajbtuggajb Member Posts: 646
    best bet would be to try and get the wires reconected to the obd plug (assume that is where the wires are cut ) gust match color to cut wires and splice them together then you can get a read out of the computer

dont know if your jeep can read throught the speed o meter or not by turning the key of and on
This discussion has been closed.