Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Camaro Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• jmelchiojmelchio Posts: 22
    I think you can do better. There is a Camaro forum, and there are several dealers who post on that website and are offering all Camaros at GM Employee pricing. They have inventory/prices listed, so go take a look. I live in Pittsburgh, and they can ship a car to my door (from Michigan and Wisconsin) for about $400.

Website and topic for these dealers is at http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69 Take a look.

I was able to get a 1SS/RS for $1500 below invoice (including Saturn/Pontiac owners discount), but I had to drive 2 1/2 hours to West Virginia to pick it up.

Good luck.
  • That's a long drive, but heck if you can find it for that cheap it is definitely worth the price. I've been scouring around for a 1995 Z28 because I love the body style, but I am finding it really hard to find one for a good price. I'll probably get one tomorrow that I found. 300hp, mint condition, but high miles at 150. Gaskets were just redone though and the engine is meticulous otherwise. For $4000 (middle book value), it's probably worth it.
  • After searching since early 2009 & finding many Central New Jersey dealerships charging anywhere from $1000.00 to $5000.00 OVER Sticker (for LT2 w/RS) due to "Supply & Demand" or "Fair Market Value" as they said... I finally paid sticker price. I rather pay sticker then get ripped off by these scams artist adding way over what the car is worth. Many NJ dealerships are NOT allowing to use the "pontiac deal" towards a camaro.
  • I completely agree with you. It's ridiculous the sticker price for the new ones and what the dealers are saying they can charge. Heck people, I would rather turn to eBay and buy from someone off of there than buy from a dealer trying to get an extra $4000. That's completely dishonest. Then again, your other option is to just buy a slightly used Camaro (3-4 months old). Who would be getting rid of it? Idk, they would have to be out of their mind, but oh well...
  • eliaselias Posts: 1,903
    i don't see what's so ridiculous, especially for the V6 pricing. I hear that both new V6s & V8 camaros are available for close-enough to invoice.
    There are fantastic incentives now, including the new camaros.
    Extra $ for pontiac owners too.
    Some dealers elect not to pass the incentives to consumers, or not to honor the pontiac incentive on new camaros, but others are reasonable.

Possibly investigate finding a dealer that honors invoice minus incentives minus pontiac-owner/whatever incentive, and arrange a courtesy-delivery to the local beeyotchass dealer who won't?
    Personally I'm trying to decide on a GMC Sierra W/T pickup or a Camaro. (I've got an 05 GTO which kicks 010 camaro SS's [non-permissible content removed], so a corvette gets my attention more than V8 camaro. But V6 camaro is such a fanastic deal and performer - I might prefer it to the GMC sierra W/T.
  • bigtcbigtc Posts: 12
    This past weekend I watched a 60 minute infomercial for Kerbeck In Atlantic City, "they said" offering employee pricing now it's called preffered pricing on all GM cars including Camaro, Corvette excluded.
    From what I gathered online it's something along these lines.

LS - MSRP $22,245 Preffered Price $20,504
    1LT - MSRP $23,880 PP $22,001
    2LT - MSRP $26,580 PP $24,470
    1SS - MSRP $30,245 PP $27,824
    2SS - MSRP $33,430 PP 30738
  • bruce_leebruce_lee Posts: 23
    edited November 2010
    Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to let you know what kind I pricing I got.

Affter talking to the salesman, I told him I would pay ‘invoice’ for a 2011 Camaro and nothing more. Well, after some negotiations, they gave me a final price of $33,650 and I agreed to it.

( I did trade in my Silver 2008 Saturn Outlook XR and I will miss it. It was very good for the most part. )

I was prepared with the information from Edmunds.com, below:

MSRP..........Invoice.........Others Paying

National Base Price ..............$30,945 .......$29,707.........$30,429
    Regional Adjustment
    for Zip Code Change ....................- .................. - ........... $321
    Optional Equipment.................$2,990...........$2,632........$2,933
    WRS RS Package..................$1,200 ...........$1,056.......$1,177
    MX0 6-Speed Auto Transn.........$995.............. $876 .........$976
    C3O Black Stripe Package.........$470...............$414..........$461
    GCO Rally Yellow Paint..............$325 ..............$286 ........$319
    Color Adjustment -........................ - ................... - ........... $67
    Rally Yellow
    Destination Charge ...................$850.................$850......... $850
    Total with Options....................$34,785.............$33,189.....$34,466

I purchased it from Fremont Chevrolet in Fremont, California (San Francisco Bay Area - East Bay). I know, I was shocked they were willing to deal.

thanks,

BL (in San Francisco - Home of the import lovers)
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 770
    Please tell me what you got for the Saturn. I have an 08 4-door XR I'll be looking to trade soon. I'm trying to hold out for the convertible...
  • mparismparis Posts: 6
    Is this "elias" from the PONTIAC GTO FORUM...hello old friend ...you have given great advice ...thank you..... :)
  • eliaselias Posts: 1,903
    bonjour mparis!
    thank you , yes it is me.
    I drove the GTO today and might again tomorrow on our -10F morning.
    In local news my GM card rebate will start 'expiring' buy June 2012, so maybe I have until then to shop. :)
    Camaro V6 remains on my comparison-shopping list but this weekend I'm more leaning towards GMC pickup truck or GMC terrain.
    best regards...
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,837
    A reporter is looking for a new sports car buyer. If you have purchased a sports car in the past 6 months, please send your daytime contact info along with the make and model of your new car to pr@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• davidwilpdavidwilp Posts: 21
    edited January 2013
    Is it common to pay a "Dealer Fee" when buying a used car ? I thought this was only on new cars.

On another note, I can't believe that this forum has no activity with related buying experiences since 2011. Am I the only one interested in buying a Camaro?
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 770
    Most dealerships will try to tack on any fees that buyers might accept. It's all just additional profit...

I'm amazed that there aren't more posts here too.
  • atreiusatreius Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I just leased this car with a $3200 trade in and $1,500 in coupons for the car selling competition that was going on. The car came with only base features, except for floor mats, a cargo net, one other very minor option.

The lease that I negotiated was for $258 per month for 36 months.
    MSRP was $24,000 and some change.
    Residual value was about 62%.
    It was a 15k miles package.
  • 2doorpost2doorpost Posts: 74
    Finally bought a 2013 2 LS model. $3300 off of MSRP.
    Base automatic with a spare tire and floor mats.

Got a $ 1000 off for a rebate;a $1300 dealer discount; and another $1000 off for a "Private Offer", secured by going on the Chevy.com website and "Building a Camaro"
2»