Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan Hybrid

Comments

• hayley2,

I don't know. Is it what the dealer does when you take delivery of a car, and this dealer is jumping the gun a little?

Wyatt
  • bigtbigt Posts: 412
    The early bird may get the worm, but early buyers of either the new 2010 Ford Fusion or Mercury Milan Hybrids will get a good deal more -- $3,400 more to be exact -- in the form of a federal income tax credit. These new and super-efficient sedans qualify for the largest bit of tax relief ever offered on any hybrids purchased or put into service after December 31, 2005. Early is the operative term here. Because Ford Motor Company reached the 60,000 hybrid-vehicle threshold limit in the 4th quarter of 2008, the value of the tax credit amounts on these yet-to-be-released hybrids will go down over time. That $3,400 figure drops to $1,700 on any vehicles purchased after April 1, 2009, and declines by another 50 percent, to $850, between October 1, 2009 and March 31, 2010, when it expires completely.

While not quite as lofty, the existing 2009 Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner Hybrid SUVs also still qualify for federal tax credits of their own. Front-drive models earn a $3,000 credit and buyers of all-wheel drive versions can take a $1,950 write-off against what they end up owing Uncle Sam.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/features/news/detail/index.asp?id=1714
  • hayley2hayley2 Posts: 44
    I called Ford Customer Service this morning and spoke with a very nice CSP, very friendly and willing to help me if possible. Anyway I asked her if I gave her my VIN # if she could tell me the Build Date and approximate shipping date. She checked my VIN # and came up with a Build Date of week of April 13th and a ship date of week of April 20th a week later.

Now I know how to plan on selling my Passat TDI Wagon hopefully before new vehicle arrives. :)
    Congrads! I have a feeling they are going to sell all of these. Still I wonder, why not produce the MKZ with the same Hybrid technology. Who wouldn't want to get twice the gas mileage!
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,677
    You never know - they may be waiting to gauge the market, and at what price point they need to land. Then again, I don't know of too many of the more luxury divisions who have hybridized vehicles, apart from Lexus.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Someone seems to think the MKZ Hybrid exists however I doubt it:

http://jalopnik.com/392654/2009-lincoln-mkz-hybrid
  • hayley2

Can you pass on the phone # for the Ford Customer Service office you called?
    wyattnichols - The Cust. Serv. # for Ford I called is: 1-800-392-3673. It might be different depending on where you live. That being the case, just google Ford Official Site and you should find the number. You'll have to go thru a series of clicks until you get to the last prompt, and then you should be able to talk to a CSP. Good Luck! :)
  • Thanks, I'll call them tomorrow.

Wyatt
  • I called Ford Customer Service and they said my FFH was already in production and should be delivered Monday, 4/6th. That sounded too good, so I called the local sells manager.

He'd heard nothing, but was excited that I'd gotten an ETA. He hadn't heard anything about the ETA for the car he had ordered for his showroom a month before mine was ordered. I gave him the # and he said he would get back with me. That was 5 hours ago and I haven't heard from him.

I'll call him early tomorrow.
    Keep us posted - Looks like you'll have your FFH well before I receive mine.
    When did you place your order with the Dealer?
  • Sometime the week of 2/23 to 3/3.

I'll talk to the sales manager tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath for an arrival date of 3/6th.
  • cmunizcmuniz Posts: 604
    Classic Lincoln/Mercury in Denton, Tx has a 2010 silver Milan Hybrid they just got in. They also have a 2010 Lincoln MKZ. The new front end looks really good.
    East-West Lincoln-Mercury in Maryland right outside of DC has one on the lot.

I love the one I have!
    OK, now that you've had it a few days, tell us more. What kind of mileage are you getting, average mileage, how long can you keep it in EV mode?

Any dislikes? How is the ride - Firm - Soft?
  • I drove one yesterday with the 501A package, everything but navigation. I wish it were a little larger inside, the sunroof robs headroom--especially in the back seat.

The Ford did seem to handle better than my Camry Hybrid.
  • When I talked to the sales manager today, he said he called his contacts @ Ford twice and they had no info for him about my car. He did find out that a car he had ordered when he could place his first order is expected on 4/7th.

So, I called Ford again. She said that the car with the VIN I gave her was scheduled to go into production on 3/30th and was scheduled to leave the plant a week later, 4/6th. This is close to what you were told; the car will be in "production" for a week.

I figure it will be another week, at least before it makes it to the showroom.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,459
    i have an 07 fusion and am over 6 feet tall, and have headroom when sitting in the back seat. it is one of the reasons i bought it.
    Hi well almost one week and 200+ miles, no issues to report. In the manual it said to ignore fuel economy readings for the first 1000 miles. Currently overall I have 32 long term MPG and have only used a 1/4 tank of gas so far! I am not doing anything special to achieve that mileage. Depends on the traffic and conditions. I have learned to be a patience driver and no longer care if the car in front of me is going a little slow.

The ride is comfortable. Interesting that you can save the current song playing on the radio into your jukebox.

As for EV mode the manual talks about if you run out of gas and the battery is fully charged you can go about 1 mile at 30 mph. I am not sure what would happen if you had to go up a hill. I am not sure you would make it up a hill in just EV mode.
    This is why the manual recommends 'that you do not run out of gas' :)
  • It had a sunroof. I'm 5'10", but have a big melon head. ;)