Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan Hybrid

1323334353638»

Comments

• whardenwharden Posts: 2
    The battery has a 10 yr 150,000 mile warranty. It is designed to last the life of the vehicle. If you need a new battery contact your Ford dealer.
  • texasestexases Posts: 5,598
    I have no idea about the cost for the Fusion battery, but Prius batteries seem to cost in the $3500 range, and I'd guess the Fusion's a bit bigger. But by the time, years from now, that a few Fusion owners might need batteries, there might be rebuilding options, as there are for the Prius, at a fraction of the cost of a complete battery.
  • do you have any picutres showing to remove glove box and where the filter is? As well as how to replace filter for funsion 2011 hybrid
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,699
    Remove the tether from the side, then squeeze the sides to drop the glovebox out of the way. The door to the filter is right there with an opening 3/4 inch high and 6-8" wide.
  • acdiiacdii Posts: 753
    Just curious where everyone elses battery state is at. I recently bought a 2010 FFH, it had 850 miles on it, purchased by the original owner in Jan 2010. He passed away shortly after getting the car, so it sat in a garage for all that time until I got it in September this year. When I got it, it had 1150 miles on it, the dealer had to pick it up from the next state.

I'm just curious because in both the Toys I had the SOC would hit full charge when going at highway speeds, which is 80% of my daily drive, and in the FFH, its 50%. After 6000 miles, I have yet had it hit full charge, best I have seen is about 80%, and that is from going down hill.

I'm wondering if this is normal, or if sitting all that time may have done something to the battery pack.
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    50% during normal driving seems about right, at least for me. Depending on the amount of regenerative braking, we can get our SOC up to 100%, in fact I just noticed it was 100% last weekend while driving from our house. I think the easiest way for us to get to 100% seems to be tooling around our local neighborhood where I can coast down a slight decline and then use little battery to finish the drive to our driveway.

Keep in mind that the FFH can use both the electric and gas motors during acceleration. And the system seems to always settle at 50% during normal highway driving.

I use the "engage" screen on the dash which helps show the amount of power the battery is providing as well as the gas motor. You'll even see both in use when you accelerate.

-Brian
    Same here, it usually runs around 50%, ranging from top of the 'battery' symbol to the bottom. I did run near 100% the last couple of cold days, seems like the engine keeps running when it's cold, maxing the charge. But today it warmed up and I was on the freeway, went back around 50%.
  • pootlepootle Posts: 6
    I just bought a '10 FFH. My measured consumption for the first tankful was 22.5mpg :mad: This is crazy, yes? Granted, most of my driving over the 420km / 260m was on freeways with the cruise control set at 130kph/80mph or a little more, although some of it was also careful in-town driving. I know hybrid efficiencies aren't really operating at those speeds but I would still have expected better from a reasonably aerodynamic vehicle with an allegedly super-efficient engine. Most people seem to get low 30s under similar conditions. One thing that worries me and might be relevant is the frequent appearance of the little yellow wrench symbol during high-speed cruising. Obviously, I'm going to get it checked out ASAP, but I still wonder if anyone has any thoughts about this fuel consumption.
    Would seem to be abnormal, I get 35-36 mpg on the freeway at 70-75 mph. But all bets are off until you get that yellow warning light checked out. So it's used? How many miles?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,890
    Your answer may be in "first tankful". I'd give it at least a couple before I made a judgement.

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Thanks for the reply. I was expecting to get in the low 30s at that speed, as you do. I was going a bit faster, obviously, but not 10mpg faster! It's done about 47k miles. It's booked into a local dealer tomorrow morning for a checkup but I don't have a very good feeling about them. Gotta wait and see, I guess.
    Weeelll, it's *my* first tankful, but the car itself is thoroughly run in. The cumulative average mileage is showing 31.8mpg, which includes a lot of big-city driving with the original owner. Again, I would have expected better, although whatever problem the trouble light is indicating might be to blame. It generally comes on within a few minutes of setting the cruise control on the freeway and doesn't seem to be clearly related to speed, although I haven't experimented enough to know for sure.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,890
    Don't forget that "your mileage may vary" thing. Your driving style and conditions you drive in may be quite different from the original owner's, even if they were driving in the same general area as you. As an example, I have a 6-speed Nissan Versa (we have two... three if you count my 2007 that my daughter bought from me) and just love it and get decent mileage. A friend in town bought one with the expectation that they'd get the same mileage performance as me, but they're not. Went out for a drive with him because he wanted to see if I felt anything different about his car, any obvious problem that was causing it. Well, the obvious "problem" was simply that he lives in a hillier section of town, and drives a bit zippier than I do. Not a lot, but noticeable. And on first glance, it would be easy to see how you might think the differences were so small that it shouldn't result in 2-3 MPG less, but it does. I'm no hypermiler or anything, but if I was driving my car up and down the hills he has to to get home instead of out a relatively straight and flat country road with no stop and go, I'd be getting the same mileage as he is.

Yea, that trouble light may be related, but it might not. Won't know until that variable is out of the way!

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews