Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Ford Taurus

Comments

• akirbyakirby Posts: 7,722
    They're simply matching production to demand - they're not artificially increasing or decreasing supply. If you look to the right of this page you should see the 2010 Taurus advertisement with 0% APR plus $1K cash back. Also consider that the 2011 model will not be very different from the 2010 model so buyers won't see much difference on the lot.
  • akirby: your points are all good. There are elements of the Taurus that my wife and I really like. We need to decide whether we are going to spend our usual low-low-mid 20's on a car...or go up what for us is an entire 'level'. In other cars we've looked at...going low-30's buys a lot more car than we're used to...
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,722
    I wish more people would state it as you have - we don't want to spend that much on a Taurus, as opposed to just saying "the Taurus is too expensive". You get what you pay for in most cases.
  • podpod Posts: 176
    Present incentives on the 2010 Taurus in New England offer two separate promotions which allow $2000 back on the non-SHO models. Now we are getting to a very attractive price point.
    6400 units sold in February, nearly a 100% jump over last year. Obviously last year was a very bad year so the jump needs be seen in context. Nonetheless, Ford may get near the 100,000 mark for this year if this continues. There was no breakdown within the Taurus line (SEL vs. LTD vs. SHO, etc.). Good news for Ford.
  • jlcjlc Posts: 30
    The first think I had the dealer do when I picked up my Tauarus was to remove the rear seat head restraints. They take up a lot of veiwing space. I keep them in the trunk in case I have rear seat passengers, which I seldom do. Much better view with out them. The fronts don,t seem to be a problem. Maybe folks that are having a problem need to adjust the height to a more comfortable position.
  • famof3kidsfamof3kids Posts: 160
    I've wanted an SHO for years, and this model is awesome.

Yes the price is high, but, in comparing the actual content, there is no other car below $50k or $60k that has the same available content. I've been following lots of media outlets and most say the competitor is the Acura TL, CTS, G8, 535i. But, in comparing those against the SHO, none of them have the same content, so, how can they say they are accurate competitors?

For instance, none of those competitors have heated/cooled front seats and heated rear seats. Neither offer seat massage. None can come close to the 365HP. None offer collision warning. None have powered rear shade. One don't even have a 6spd auto. I think one might offer DVD in headrest as accessory. Of course, then there's the whole Sync system and 911 assist from Ford.

Seems to me that the value alone for a loaded SHO exceeds all competition. Right?

With all this going for it, a limited production run (instead of flooded market of 90's & 2000's), seems the residual value would have to be higher than 'before'.

I'm also keeping my eyes out for those with 2010's with high mileage to see how they're holding up...

Thanks all,
    Mark
    :shades:
  • jimlockeyjimlockey Posts: 265
    I would rather deal with a Ford dealer than any other, but with the price of gasoline going way up soon. I prefer something that gets almost twice the mileage. Sorry Ford but you need to add a good high mileage diesel engine to the Taurus.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    If you want high-mileage from a Ford dealer, you should check out the new Fusion S, or Fusion Hybrid. Not a whole-lot smaller, and 30-40 MPG easily achieved.
  • brspottsbrspotts Posts: 6
    I'm looking closely at the Taurus Limited.. Checked out the Fusion, but the seats are uncomfortable and seem small.. I'm 6 foot and so is my wife... Carrying three kids in back with luggage the Fusion will not cut it...

As far the Taurus, how is the Adaptive Cruise Control and the multi-counture massage seats? How does everyone like these functions?
  • donl1donl1 Posts: 109
    I ordered a Taurus Limited FWD last week and the dealer said it might be the middle of June before it's built. Does that sound about right to anyone that has ordered one or has one on order?
  • brspottsbrspotts Posts: 6
    Wow... That is a long time... I know it takes at least one month to build and get to the dealership just in general case. I wonder if the Sales person is just trying to set the expectation so you won't be disappointed, or trying to convince you to buy one off the lot...

Barry
    I have been trying to test drive a new Taurus at the dealership from which I purchased my Sable and they have only one Taurus on the grounds (usually unavailable). This is a large Ford dealership with 80 Fusions and 80 Focuses and multiple mustangs and tons of lincolns. I conclude the supply line is tight. This may be a prudent strategy; on the other hand you can't buy if you can't test drive.
  • I went to my local dealership to see a Taurus today and I was pretty impressed. The Taurus (SHO)'s interior felt luxurious with good quality materials. The seats were very comfortable as well. I am looking for a place where I can rent a SE for 3-5 days and see just how the car functions but no luck so far at my local Enterprise or Hertz. You guys got any suggestions?
  • dohrmcdohrmc Posts: 14
    My wife went off for her annual ladies bridge tournament with her pals. It is about a 2hr drive to where they were playing over the weekend. She rode with several ladies in a new Ford Edge. When she returned, she complained of a sore neck due to the headrests. They evidently stick forward, and cause discomfort. [at least for her]. Question, what are the headrests like on the new Taurus? My venerable, almost 12yr old Saab 95 has wonderful seats, and an active headrest set-up. Best seats of any car I have ever owned. I assume Ford has taken a cheaper way of insuring anti-whiplash, and the result is a sore neck in an Edge. Any comments on the new Taurus? I am considering this car, but bad headrest design would be a deal breaker for me, as my wife wouldn't get into the car if it was like the Edge.
  • I finally got to sit in a 2010 Taurus at the Ajc Auto Show. As nice as the car is, it is ridiculous how cramped the interior is for a car that is 202 inches long. I have more rear leg room in my 2000 Taurus and it is 6 inches shorter and the center console is so huge you feel like you sitting in a bumper car the way your surrounded. The trunk is a bit too big. Im 6 3 and couldnt even touch the back of it. Ford needs to take 3 inches from the trunk and give it back to the rear seats and that car will be well worth the price there asking, Otherwise a Fusion Sport has just about the same leg room front and rear with a small trade off in head room and a slightly lower steering wheel.
    I too am mystified by the size of the center console which cramps the driver's right side. Perhaps they could put hinges on it and then an extra set of golf clubs could be carried in the empty space. Also the rear view is quite cramped with the headrests and the roofline slope. It is a big car but not in an efficient way. Also the 4100 pound weight is unfortunate. I would certainly feel safe in a crash with all the space and weight about me.
  • esfoadesfoad Posts: 210
    I just picked up my new SHO. I spent alot of time searching for a replacement for my 2005 Infiniti G35X. I am a big guy (6'-1" and 270 lbs) and find no problem with driver space or space behind me when the seat is set for me. I agree there's not much more interior space than the Infiniti G but the trunk space more than offsets that for those times when you need it. My ONLY and major complaint with the Infiniti was the lack of trunk space for trips. This car has wonderful amenities not available on many cars and the price was right after finding the right deal. So, we'll see if Ford lives up to the quality image they are hoping for but so far I'm happy.
  • blueyfishblueyfish Posts: 26
    Looking for info on leasing a Taurus AWD Limitrd. Anyone have the MF and Residual? 36 months/12000 miles per year. Thanks
  • jlcjlc Posts: 30
    I have the Taurus Limited and I love the massaging seats. I do not have the adaptive cruise but it sounds like a great idea. The first thing I did when I picked up the car was remove the rear head rests and put them in the trunk for, if I need them I got them. The front head rests are not a problem. I think some folks may need to ajust the up or down to find their comfort zone.
    Joe
  • bktaubbktaub Posts: 1
    I ordered mine back in Sep 2009 and it took 9 weeks before delivery. Just FYI... It seems ford is not producing these bad boys in mega numbers like before...BTW it;s worth the wait
  • magoo99magoo99 Posts: 13
    I expect to take delivery on a factory ordered Taurus in the next 2 to 3 weeks. My understanding from my dealer is that I will be eligible for any rebates or incentives at the time I take delivery. All the incentives I currently see stipulate “take new retail delivery from dealer stock….” Are these rebates applicable to factory ordered cars? On the one hand the car was not in dealer stock when I placed the order but on the other hand once the car is delivered to the dealer one can argue that it is his inventory until I sign the final papers. Has anyone had any experience in this situation?
  • donl1donl1 Posts: 109
    Any rebates and incentives are only valid at the time you take delivery from the dealer. That is what my dealer told me when I ordered. By the way it looks like my Limited will be a 2011...when my dealer placed the order on or about March 8 he was told they had all the orders they could fill for the 2010's.
  • magoo99magoo99 Posts: 13
    I get it... rebates are applied at the time of delivery from the dealer.

My question is do the rebates apply to factory ordered cars since an arguement can be made that the car was not taken from dealer inventory as most rebates stipulate.

I ordered my Limited March 10th and my dealer didn't mention anything about the fact that it might come in as a 2011.
  • ks2010ks2010 Posts: 3
    DON'T BUY THE TAURUS . . . it's horrible! I bought one a month ago, and even though I drive 95% of the time on the highway (with little traffic), I can barely get 18 miles to the gallon and those headrests -- they just plain STINK ! ! ! I can't find any optional replacement headrests and when "they" say its for our safety that they force your head down (which is not at all safe) . . . what is also not safe is TAKING THEM OUT . . . and having no protection. I'm stuck with this "not so safe" car . . . I should've bought that damm Toyota and left my American patriot stuff at home ! ! !
  • brucelincbrucelinc Posts: 814
    edited April 2010
    Why are you stuck? You could just get rid of the Taurus and buy a Toyota. Hopefully, the lessons you learn will be worth the depreciation hit you would take.

Lesson 1 would be to drive a car before you buy it. How the headrests would be surprise to you after purchase is puzzling but I assume you must not have sat in the car prior to purchase.

Lesson 2 would be not to drive on the highway in light traffic in 4th or 5th gear instead of 6th. I suppose you might only get 18 MPG on the highway in 6th if the highway is going up a steep hill or if you are driving over 100 MPH. Those are about the only situations in which you would get 18 MPG with a Taurus on a highway with light traffic.
  • bruneau1bruneau1 Posts: 468
    Which model do you have? Awd? Your comments on the headrests are highly exaggerated. they are a little forward, but not that bad. As for mileage, we have an awd Sel and our mileage is much better than expected. When driving from Bremerton to Seattle, I usually get 28 mpg. Mixed around town 20. And we paid $28, 700 and 0% financing. Our cinnamon metallic, which I keep shinning, attracts many positive comments. The Taurus is best on the freeway since it is big, but we knew that before we bought it.
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,422
    You might try taking the time to adjust to the headrests. Yes, they protrude more than headrests used to, but they definitely do not force your head "down." I have grown to like having my head resting against a headrest when I drive. To each his own, I guess.

As for the mileage, you are either not driving in 6th gear, or you are calculating the mileage incorrectly, or there is something that needs adjustment on your car. Maybe you are going 95 on the highway??? :P But I agree with the previous poster...if you cannot adjust to it, sell it and get something else. Someone will be happy to buy yours at a discount from new.
    thanks for your take on the Taurus. I'm not crazy though. I drive highway average 72 (ish) and my "automatic" mpg says 20. I once got it up to 21 mpg . . . with no traffic after a 4 hour drive. I don't know anything about a 6th gear. I have a SEL with the special white paint and black interior. Paid $28,000 out the door everything including service agreement. Either way, the head rest ABSOLUTELY pushes your head downwards and it is extremely uncomfortable. Maybe they (Ford) made the headrests for people with your build or height and that's why they work for you . . . and consider yourself lucky. I can deal with the lousy mileage . . . but the headrests still STINK! :cry:
    How do you adjust the headrests . . . they only go up or down.