Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Ford Taurus

1111213141517»

Comments

• weathernutweathernut Posts: 3
    Both my wife and I have a 2010 Taurus. We both are having problems with a loud squeal when we lower the passenger side window on a hot day. I had mine to dealer for fix. It didn't work. Is anyone else having this problem?

Weathernut
  • pnewbypnewby Posts: 277
    :shades: I haven't had that problem on my 2011, but did have the problem on a 2000 Lincoln LS. They greased the tracks on that which fixed the squeal but left grease on the lower part of the glass. Seems I remember a TSB for that problem, so you may want to search for the problem on the LS to see if they are related.
  • I had to have my front windshield replaced in my 2010 Taurus SHO due to rail dust. Ever since, the rear view mirror has vibrated under normal driving conditions or even radio noise. Is there anyone out there with a solution. The dealership says they cannot get the mirror seated properly. Help!
  • podpod Posts: 176
    It sounds as if a resonance has been struck that is the frequency of the mirror support. Odd. My best guess is that the windshield is not fastened somewhere around the perimeter and that is causing a vibration that resonates with the mirror shaft frequency. Since it occurred after the windshield was replaced I would look for a leak in the seal of the windshield. How to do that I don't know. Perhaps on a cool day turn up the heater and fan and get outside and feel about the edge of the windshield for a hot air leak. If this is the reason perhaps it will reveal itself during a very heavy rainstorm with a telltale leak. If every thing else fails I would have them reseat the windshield. Given the time relationship that the problem appeared after the windshield was replaced it seems most likely that the windshield replacement caused the problem. Perhaps you can feel a vibration in the windshield. Interesting. Hope there are other ideas out there.
    Rather than go around looking for leaks, etc. as I suggested earlier, a better idea occurred. Call the largest windshield replacement company in you locale and ask them if they recognize the problem. The dealer may not have nearly the experience that a company that specializes in windshield replacement. My bet is that they will have some experience with this since that is all they do, over an over again. Worth a try.
    I googled "rearview mirror vibration after windshield replaced" and found lots of citations.
    Here is a ford mustang case http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-gt-tech/295281-rearview-mirro- r-vibrates-after-windshield-replaced.html se:

Sounds as if it is not uncommon. Bless the internet. Now I can go to sleep.