Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Photo Radar

1565758596062»

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 43,443
    berri said:

I know enough of Virginia to know there are very few places where 81mph is reckless driving territory.

Ironically, I-81 is often reckless driving territory up there. B) Especially the merge area south of Winchester where I-66 merges.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

·
  • andres3andres3 CAPosts: 5,502
    I imagine with a reckless driving charge you are entitled to a jury, whereas with a normal infraction you can't get a jury.
    ·
  • eliaselias Posts: 1,995
    edited February 2
    after driving a car with Hellcat-like power and way better handling on racetrack road-course, i became convinced to never buy one for the street, since anything but idling such cars on public roads is reckless driving or another criminal-violation, *by definition*. ... It would be fun to own such a car if I drove to the racetrack every weekend to air it out. With any car, if you spin the tires intentionally, it is reckless/racing/exhibition-of-speed - there is no way to beat that unless jury "nullifies" the law or judge is lenient. I don't think there is a 'mandatory minimum sentence' for hooners, except probably in Virginia.

Btw, reminds me that local city cops used to allow one day per year for people to hoon & do burnouts along a city block. I'm not sure they do it any more, gotta be liability concerns, a tire could shred and piece could fly off and nearly hit a old lady having lunch (i've seen this happen next to I-95, truck-tire shredded and landed one foot from coworker sitting at picnic table).
    ·
  • andres3andres3 CAPosts: 5,502
    All the more reason to get a car like the Quattro S4 where you can shoot off like a rocket and get no wheel spin.
    ·