Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura Integra GS-R vs. Mistubishi Eclipse GS-T

14381438 Member Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in Acura
recommendations please; all insights please;
comments please; complaints please; prices you paid
for please; details please; thank you please:)
(Don't think I redundant please)

Comments

• Options
    45aj45aj Member Posts: 1
    I RECOMMEND THE ECLIPSE FOR THE LOOKS AND THE
    RIDE, ESPECIALLY THE GST. THE CLUTCH IS SMOOTH
    THE STEREO SYSTEM IS GREAT. AS FAR AS PRICE IS
    CONCERNED I PAID 17,500 FOR THE RS VERSION. BE CAREFUL OF THE OPTIONS THE DEALER WILL THROW AT YOU, MAKE SURE YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT, NOT WHAT THEY WANT. I WOULD SHOP AT A FEW MITSUBISHI DEALERS TOO. BUT OVERALL I LOVE MY ECLIPSE, I LOVE THE WAY IT DRIVES, FEELS, AND LOOKS AND I ONLY HAVE THE RS, THE GST WOULD BE A FINE CAR TO OWN.
  • Options
    pam2pam2 Member Posts: 185
    I would go for the Integra. It's very cool looking, fun to drive, and very RELIABLE!!

I've been seeing and hearing a lot of bad things about Eclipses - mostly about reliability and repairs. Not so with the Integra. I own a 1990 Integra and it has been wonderful!!
  • Options
    enigma23enigma23 Member Posts: 36
    The Integra is the best choice. The Eclipse may have slightly better looks and may be slightly faster but the Integra is a better overall package.

The Integra is more refined. It has a very smooth naturally aspirated 4-cyl, a very good 5-speed with short throws, provides excellent handling, and has a smoother ride than the Eclipse.

On top of that, it is by far, much more reliable than the Eclipse and better quality. Turbos are known to cause problems as they age, which is the big downside of the Eclipse. Plus, if the timing belt ever snaps in the Eclipse GS-T, you'll be looking at a big bill to fix it.

Also, over the long haul,the Integra will cost less to maintain and will hold better resale value than the Eclipse.
  • Options
    alexoalexo Member Posts: 2
    enigma

Being a long time Honda man. I will agree Honda makes a very fine product.You will most likely have lower overall costs and better resale.

I would point out that its not unusual to have modern water cooled turbos last 100,000+ miles.
    The Intergra also sports a "interference" type engine with timing belts. It requires the same cautions as in the Eclipse.

Its just a different cup of tea. I will take mine with a spot of "boost". Thank you.
    Alex
This discussion has been closed.