Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 wrx sti

2»

Comments

• rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,658
    The DSG-equipped EVO is getting rave reviews (at least from Edmunds editors who have a long-term tester). I suspect this car is just a stopgap until a DSG STI is available.

Bob
  • tsytsy Posts: 1,551
    Yes, it's really a marvel. But at the expense of reliability. They just are able to handle power like their manual counterparts. Nissan is having problems with the reliability of the GTR DSG as well.

Of course, if you are buying a supercar then it's no big deal to drop another $15k when your tranny goes out, but it's another thing on your Subaru!

I like Nissan's idea with the new 370 with the rev matching downshifts. It seems relatively simple, makes you faster, and you get to keep the sturdy MT.

Unless you want an Auto, that is.

But I agree with you Bob, I think this auto version is just a 'transitional' STi.

tom
    Yes, the throttle-blipping feature on the new 370Z is a great idea. I hope we see it on the WRX and STI soon.

Bob
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I think they should wait for a dual-clutch style gearbox to be available rather than introduce a stop-gap slushbox.

STI is sacred, don't taint the name.

Look how much harm the Cimmarron did to Cadillac.

Don't do it, Subaru!
    Don't do it? They already did it.

Bob
  • I think a high performance CVT makes more sense.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Well...not in the US...yet.

They have FWD in Japan, too.
  • changedchanged Posts: 3
    Recently bought a 2010 STi and was wondering if anyone knows the decibel level of STi w/factory installed SPT exhaust. First time I ever owned a car w/performance exhaust. Second, does anyone know if European map CDs are available for Subaru nav system, dealership doesn't have a clue. Any clues will be helpful. Thanks
  • tsytsy Posts: 1,551
    edited March 2010
    I couldn't even tell you how loud the stock exhaust is. It's too quiet, so any increase would be welcome, actually. The GR body is much too quiet compared to the GD. You could probably youtube it and see if anyone has any recordings. You can definitely find recordings of other aftermarket exhausts. I've been playing with the idea of changing my exhaust just so I can hear it!

I don't know if the Nav Unit is the same here as in Europe. You might try looking on the Subaru website of say, Great Britain for some clues. Or even better, go to Subaru.com and ask them. They're very good about getting back to you with answers to obscure questions (I have asked a few. ;) )

Good luck!

tom
2»