Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet/Geo Metro

Comments

• geometro95geometro95 Posts: 1
    Hey guess what... I was on sadiscosouth.net its a auction site and im bidding on a 95 metro nothing wrong with it an">d 100,00 miles for a starting bid of $25!

Most likley i will be the only bidder because everybody else is a dealer and cant sell a 95 metro. So im probably gona be the only bidder.

Anyways I was reading all this stuff you guys said about the metro and wanna know if anybody wants to post pics of metros all pimped out.
  • cbabcockcbabcock Posts: 2
    I have a 1998 metro 1.0L. The problem I have is when I put it in reverse the engine bogs down and dies. This is a manual transmision. Also when you shift two 2nd gear aand give it gas it bogs down until you shift it back to first gear. Is there a filter cloged or a sensor out please help me.

Thanks Chris :sick:
  • cbabcockcbabcock Posts: 2
    This is the same problem I have been haveing with my 98 3-cylinder metro. Did you every find out what was wrong. Please let me know how to fix it.

Chris :sick:
  • muffin_manmuffin_man Posts: 865
    There is a car showoff website called...cardomain.com?
    I'm sure there's dozens of tricked out metros there.
  • pwdrexpwdrex Posts: 1
    I am looking for a nice Geo Metro convertible. Preferably a 1992 or 1993 manual transmission with air but I will consider anything & will travel for the right car!
    Thanks
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    You can try looking here AutoTrader.com Cars for Sale Quick Search. There are a number of convertibles listed in the model years you requested.
  • I have a 1994 Suzuki Swift, 1.0L 3 Cyl. with 12 inch wheels.
    I need the torque specs for the front axle nuts if anyone knows it.
    Just changed the discs and need to retorque.
  • ski_natziski_natzi Posts: 2
    My metro engine just died hardcore cause it had a oil leak and burned all the oil, bad sight. Does anyone know of a site or phone # on the west coast or around Utah that sells metro engines? The body is still really good and i really love the 45 mpg i got out of this thing. Please let me know. Metros Rock.
  • geo_mangeo_man Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have a 3cyclinder engine with 1L. I only get 35 MPG is that a good gas milage and if not what could be the problem. please help me thanks
  • wheel50wheel50 Posts: 3
    I have a 91 firefly 4 door hatchback with an 3cyl, 1 litre 3speed Auto. I would like to swap out to a 5 speed. If I can find a donar car is it possilbe? What are the major problems?

thanks
  • wheel50wheel50 Posts: 3
    Is it an auto? How many miles?
  • ski_natziski_natzi Posts: 2
    Geo man,
    My same engine gets 36.5 all the time so you are doing good as far as i can see. I only got 35,000 miles on mine. Funny thing is i put the expensive gas in and i only got 2 mpg more than the cheap stuff. Cheap stuff ROCKS!!
  • joes1joes1 Posts: 6
    OK
    WHY DID YOU GET A FOUR CYLINDER AND AN AUTOMATIC TRANNY IN A CAR DESIGNED FOR MAXIMUM FRUGALITY?
    Anyhow, i doubt that that is normal, but have you used this vehicle in a manner that it was not designed for? I ask this because that doesnt fit with my assertion that Metros are quality cars for the cheap or cashstrapped.
    i think that there is some kind of problem there. i mean, for a Metro, that mileage is horrific. have you seen those commercials for air filters at autozone? i suggest you invest in one. too, get a tuneup. because otherwise, there are probably some things that you may be unaware of. also, if you have a/c, DO NOT RUN THE AIR CONDITIONING!!!! do you haul passengers of largish size on a frequent basis? that could be an issue.
    WELL DUH!!!
    Geo metros are designed for three purposes:
    (1) to be super cheap
    (2) to be super frugal
    (3) to be super reliable.
    Howdy, the Lorax
    i would recommend the Metro because they are super frugal, super cheap, and super reliable. if you expect merc-benz levels of refinement and quiet, stay away and leave the metros to me! lol. but seriously, a Ford aspire isnt as frugal and has some electric issues, plus it is a F-O-R-D. for a Metro, base coupe, three cylinder, five speed, NO A/C. that is the way to go if you want a car that i mentioned at the beginning.
    god bless and good luck
    Hello, John, this is Joe speaking.
    The two door would probably be a smidge more peppy, and are even easier to park. a/c should not even have been an OPTION on Metros. you are not supposed to neglect a car in the first place.
    With them Suburbans clogging the interstates, defensive driving is a must in a little metro.
    good luck and God bless
    Joe
    two words:
    HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • stobarstobar Posts: 110
    Joes1 - bought my '98 Metro a little over 3 months ago. 3 cylinder, 1 liter hatchback - no A/C. Car was owned by a retiree in Florida and only had a little over 28K miles on it. Put four new tires on it and replaced all belts, hoses, air filter and fluids. Sort of went through a break-in again with all the parts as mileage was around 38-39 mpg. Now I'm up to 42-43. Still think I should get better than that. I'm not sure if the fuel filter was replaced, so going to have that checked out soon. Since it's 7 years old, am wondering about the timing belt. Seems as if it would age just as well as a fan belt, but mechanic said it looked good. Car was originally rated at 49 mpg highway and have seen others get in the low 50's with the same engine. Any suggestions for better mileage, or should I be happy with what I have now? Thanks.
  • whwar9739whwar9739 Posts: 1
    :sick: Ok I already know of a couple of things that need fixing and I plan on doing that ASAP. The big thing is that after having the check engine light come on the car will not start now. I checked the diagnostic code and from the haynes manual it is coolant sensor circuit (low-voltage input, high engine temperature indicated). I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and what can I do to fix the problem. I already know that I need to replace the radiator core, because it is leaking but outside of that I am not sure why the engine will not start. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! :sick:
  • nckjgdmnnckjgdmn Posts: 4
    I just replaced the oil pan in my 99 Metro. The guy that had it before must have made a habit of driving threw salty roads. Anyway when I bought the new pan the first one turned out to be the wrong one. It doesn't have to place for the sensor on the side as mine does. The second one I bought worked out fine and I put it in with any problems, but now I’m stuck with an oil pan that will fit any 1.0 L metro from I believe 95-98. If anyone is in need of a pan let me know. If not I’ll just post it on E-bay.
    Reminder - no buying or selling in the Forums.

Thanks!
  • i am installing fog lights and i need to connect some wires to parking light switch but i cant figure out where the switch is can someone help me

[BPL] 420[OG DANK]
    If you don't get an answer in this discussion, you might want to try asking in the Maintenance & Repair board and the discussion Electronic Gremlins: Electrical Problems That Are Driving You Crazy
  • jlmmnsjlmmns Posts: 1
    I have a 93 convertible with automatic transmission. I had a rebuilt transmission installed last year and this morning when I attemted to put it in gear nothing happened. It is stuck in neutral. Any ideas what the problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • nckjgdmnnckjgdmn Posts: 4
    It sounds like your shift linkage as come disconnected. I haven't gotten into on, but my budy says that if you take the center console off you sould be able to fix it from there. Good luck
  • ecu77ecu77 Posts: 3
    I have a 2001 Metro LSI auto with 57K (bought at 48K) and get 33 combined mileage day in and out. I feel sorry for the Yukon XL people at the pumps.... Question: The owners manual call for valve lash check/adjustment every 15K. How many of you out there heed this requirement? Suggestions? :D
  • mikecanmikecan Posts: 1
    Any help would be appreciated.

I have checked the fuses, replaced them as well. Replaced the bulbs.

All of my other electrical is working fine. I know about a brake pedal switch but can't locate it.

Thanks in advance.
  • johnsnlgjohnsnlg Posts: 1
    I have replaced the clutch, an axle and now the tensioner for the timing belt. I have done this for other cars and it was a 8th the cost of this supposedly cheaper car.My none GM mechanical who is supposedly "honest" charged me $285 for a tensioner.
    Is this bogus...?
    I just don't get the high prices on these cheaper cars? :mad:
  • user63user63 Posts: 2
    I have a 96 metro. 3cyl 5speed. I was wondering what the maximum amount of miles I can get out of this car is. I change the oil very regularly, and keep up with all the other maintence items. When I got it it had 133,000 miles. Now a year later it has 155,000 miles. When you rev the motor it spits a little oil smoke, is this a bad sign or to be expected? :)