Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon Denali/XL Autoride Suspension

12345679»

Comments

• Hi... I recently purchased a 2004 Yukon Denali. After purchasing the truck I noticed the rear Air-ride shocks where shot and the compressor didn't seem to run. I researched online and ran upon a Monroe 90012 conversion kit. Figuring I didn't have anything to loose so I purchased the kit. The kit was easy to install even with the Autoride interface modules. That's right NO service suspension displayed on the dash anymore. I tested the factory compressor and found the main power fuse was shot. After replacing the fuse the compressor worked great. The rear shocks even had the same fittings a the factory shocks so connecting them was a dream. The vehicle drives great and levels when loaded. This was a very inexpensive fix at less than $150.00 with new shocks on all 4 corners. Monroe link: http://catalog.monroe.com/catalogPart/monroePartSearchFromECatalog.do?partKey=832527&partNumber=90012&catalogKey=580&methodName=initialiseMonroe&catalogCode=monroe&locale=EN&loadStatus=ACTIVE

• atlantadjatlantadj Posts: 3

Tested Relay by jumping 85w/86, 87 to ground & 30 to 12V sounds so wrong. 30 to 87 is the open circuit that closes when 12v is applied across 85 & 86! hense the click sound!

• atlantadjatlantadj Posts: 3

Here is my story.

Bought a 2004 Denali xl with 115K miles, in dec 2011. A few months the compressor stopped working. Replaced the compressor and the suspension message started and compressor still not working.

Too it to the dealer who said the dryer was clogged and total bill would be $1100. I then took it to a junk yard and a mechanic there found the problem under my fuse box. Cost $200.

Worked for two years (now 150K miles) and again, the check message is on. There is a leak and the compressor died from running constantly. Replaced with a working used compressor. Nothing works. Meanwhile my rear two bags have been damaged. I will replace with Arnotts but first I want to make sure the compressor comes on and then I will remove the fuse until the new shocks arrive.

Compressor bench OK All three fuses are OK The Relay clicks when 12v applied to 85 & 86

Questions are as follows? TO check the solenoid, the compressor has to be connected and power has to be on? Test the cables on the vehicle side or the compressor side?

Honestly, with so many people having the same issues, can't someone please make a YouTube video showing just what to test and how.

Thanks in advance! Wow I am the first poster on this thread in 2014! .

• jayjohn02jayjohn02 Posts: 1
    Thought I'd post this, maybe it will help someone else.

I have a 2002 Denali (the original owner) that I changed the shocks out on in July of 2010 with a set of Arnott's. I don't have the part number any longer but it included the device that you attached to the frame next to the shock to fool the auto dampening system. The description from my original receipt is "GMC Air Suspension Parts - Yukon XL 1500 - 2000-2006 (All models w/ Autoride *including Denali*) - New Bilstein/Arnott Rear Air Shock Kit (pair)". Anyway, a couple months ago the "service ride control" light started coming on intermittently and steadily began to stay on all the time. I finally took the truck into the local dealer who told me I needed to replace the right rear shock as it had gone bad. Knowing that the original shocks were no longer on the vehicle, I doubted the shock was bad and just took the truck home. Today I got on Arnott's web site and had a live chat session describing my issue, and asked if it was possible that device could have gone bad. The Arnott agent took my phone number and had a tech call me within a few minutes. After reiterating my story, the tech asked for my original receipt, which happened to be in my email so I gave him the order number. The only other thing he needed was the code received by the dealership when testing the system (which was a C0590), evidently indicating that the right rear shock wasn't talking back to the auto-ride system. Once given that code, the tech confirmed my address and said the only other thing he needed was a picture of the device harness, because there were actually 3 different ones. I'll be sending that to him in an email tonight and he will in turn be sending me a replacement, free of charge! I'll definitely be doing with business with Arnott again the next time I need anything they can provide. A note: the lifetime warranty is only good for the original purchaser, which was the reason I'm sure for needing the original order information.

Hope someone finds this early in their search for a way to fix the same type of issue they may be having.